dcsimg

Build Calc on ipad?

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use BuildCalc almost daily on my phone. Stairs, rafters, squaring framing, fraction/decimal/metric conversation….great app!! Well worth the $20!

I have never bought a app yet but BuildCalc may be the first one.

I use BuildCalc almost daily on my phone. Stairs, rafters, squaring framing, fraction/decimal/metric conversation….great app!! Well worth the $20!

I have never bought a app yet but BuildCalc may be the first one.

For me I found sometimes my Construction Master would be at the office or have dead batteries but I always have my phone on me. A lot of the functions are identical to the CM and a few are better. The stair function can do a lot more than the CM @DirtyWhiteBoy.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Stilla
    Pro

buildcal is a real time calculator. it will even make you a drawing for a stair stringer. just like a blue print, you tell it your conditions and it will draw you 3 different plans. i love it for wainscoting.

http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2012/07/20/wainscoting-buildcalc/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

buildcal is a real time calculator. it will even make you a drawing for a stair stringer. just like a blue print, you tell it your conditions and it will draw you 3 different plans. i love it for wainscoting.

That’s great thanks @Stilla I will get it and work on it on my down time this week.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My calculator won’t do that. The blueprint option is worth the price of the app. Thank you @Stilla

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks for the info and link Stilla. With all the recommendations I gonna have to give this app a try.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Very nice, I don’t know how many times I busted my brain trying to calculate for wainscoting, this will definitely be getting downloaded.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I still use the Construction Master Pro on a daily basis.

Hips are rafter x1.3414 on 6 /12 all other pitches are on a framing square. Stairs I just measure my height and divide by a random number of risers utill I find one that is 7-7/8 or less.

Yes I know , It’s just so much faster and easier to do it on a construction Master calculator. All that math,,,, I aint nobody got time for dat.

It might just be that I’ve never take the time to learn how to use a construction calculator properly. They always come up with strange numbers on me.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I still use the Construction Master Pro on a daily basis.

Hips are rafter x1.3414 on 6 /12 all other pitches are on a framing square. Stairs I just measure my height and divide by a random number of risers utill I find one that is 7-7/8 or less.

Yes I know , It’s just so much faster and easier to do it on a construction Master calculator. All that math,,,, I aint nobody got time for dat.

It might just be that I’ve never take the time to learn how to use a construction calculator properly. They always come up with strange numbers on me.

Ok I can understand that. Using what works best for you. Back in ’89 I had a old Okinawan man, Toku teach me how to use the construction master 2 when he saw me using the rafter book and I haven’t turned back. Now thank to @overanalyze and @Stilla I have got the BuildCalc app on my phone. Man what a tool to always have in my pocket!! I now feel so stupid for not getting it years ago when it was first released. I remember when guys over at CT were doing the R&D on it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have got the BuildCalc app on my phone. Man what a tool to always have in my pocket!! I now feel so stupid for not getting it years ago when it was first released.

Guess i need to move into the 21st century as well. Thank you for the recommendation Dirty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

After all this talk I just might download BuildCalc. Trying something new never hurts!

Stilla
    Pro

best thing about buildcal, is they are truly looking for your feed back. they update a lot. the learning curve is kinda big because the app can do a lot. they have spent a huge amount of their resources building a knowledge base in the app and at their home page to help understand how it works. i wish a tool company like Bosch tools worked with them in some sort of blue tooth way. bosch has a laser measuring devise, it would be super cool if it worked with the app.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

best thing about buildcal, is they are truly looking for your feed back. they update a lot. the learning curve is kinda big because the app can do a lot. they have spent a huge amount of their resources building a knowledge base in the app and at their home page to help understand how it works. i wish a tool company like Bosch tools worked with them in some sort of blue tooth way. bosch has a laser measuring devise, it would be super cool if it worked with the app.

That would be amazing, although with the Bosch toolbox app I doubt we’ll see any collaborations with outside companies in the neat future.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.411 seconds