dcsimg

BTP Tester’s Club

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

ha lol hopefully i havent just deleted it as a newsletter email

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@ChadM

That was a heck of a heavy hole saw bit, wasn’t it. I think it weighed more then my drill.

Those choppers are over me now.

@ChadM

That was a heck of a heavy hole saw bit, wasn’t it. I think it weighed more then my drill.

It was real heavy! It tore through stuff though – the ceiling I cut the holes in was 5/8″ drywall on furring strips over top of 3/4″ thick plaster then lathe. That bit blasted through it and left a nice clean hole.

Wow way cool for you two, It sounds like it was past the R & D stage though and they wanted your opinion. Just like the Testers club

I got the impression that it was a prototype and they were going to make changes. I also spoke to a Bosch engineering guy for about a 1/2 hour.

Had no clue when I received my hole saw that this was part of the Testers Club. I knew I wouldn’t use it right away so gave it to an Owner of a Restoration company I did some work for to test out. Would have kept it and given some feedback if I had known :S

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@ChadM

It was real heavy! It tore through stuff though – the ceiling I cut the holes in was 5/8″ drywall on furring strips over top of 3/4″ thick plaster then lathe. That bit blasted through it and left a nice clean hole.

How clean would you say? Would it compare to a forstner bit?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

@ChadM

How clean would you say? Would it compare to a forstner bit?

It made a clean enough hole in heavy textured drywall that the 1/2″ trim ring on a 4″ can easily covered what minimal tear-out there was.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s about what I thought. I suppose it was wishful thinking that it would cut like a forstner bit.

I’ll have to put the forstner bit set on my wishlist.

Jon P.
    Instagram

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

That’s about what I thought. I suppose it was wishful thinking that it would cut like a forstner bit.

I’ll have to put the forstner bit set on my wishlist.

The bit was designed for 4″ inch can installs – for that purpose it worked great.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Just signed it

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Has anyone accidentally clicked the unsubscribe button in the email ?

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

is the tester’s club still alive and kicking?? Anyone get anything to test recently?

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

redwood
    Pro

is the tester’s club still alive and kicking?? Anyone get anything to test recently?

I haven’t heard of anyone testing anything for a long time and unless they are keeping the testing underwraps, you can probably count on one hand how many tools for testing have been sent out.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Clev08
    Pro

Signing up today, any chance I get a miter saw? Probably not but I’ll use any tool if it’s free.

Whose interested in testing new tools from a number of different brands? Check out the new link under “Pro Forum” and click “BTP Tester’s Club” to sign up today! There are a lot of new tools coming out soon and they need to be tested by people like you.

Quebec not in the list?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Whose interested in testing new tools from a number of different brands? Check out the new link under “Pro Forum” and click “BTP Tester’s Club” to sign up today! There are a lot of new tools coming out soon and they need to be tested by people like you.

Quebec not in the list?

Eric,
    Isn’t like most lotteries? Quebec not included. 🙂

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Signing up today, any chance I get a miter saw? Probably not but I’ll use any tool if it’s free.

Umm, Yah, that’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works….

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I just signed up too. Would be nice to do a tool review for BTP.
    It was fun doing my first review/write up of WOC and im looking forward to do more.

haha thats a good one @svensshutters

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It was fun doing my first review/write up of WOC and im looking forward to do more.

That was a review? Oh I see.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Was told a few weeks ago after some communication with ITW that I will a product tester for them to try products before they go to market. I am always into trying new fasteners or anchors. It’s actually pretty exciting.

Also, Congrats Redwood on the recent news of review/testing of the Skilsaw Worm Drive Table Saw!

A Working Pro since 2004

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

That was a review? Oh I see.

Not the pictures I provided Dirty.
    I actually wrote something and Jim has the file since last week.
    He still has to upload it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Not the pictures I provided Dirty.
    I actually wrote something and Jim has the file since last week.
    He still has to upload it.

Be patient… It can take a while. Jim has to edit the file and arrange it to his liking.

Jon P.
    Instagram

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Was told a few weeks ago after some communication with ITW that I will a product tester for them to try products before they go to market. I am always into trying new fasteners or anchors. It’s actually pretty exciting.

I would be worried that the stuff I get that is still being tested doesn’t meet up with code yet since it is being tested. Be careful you don’t get yourself in a bind if you are using the stuff on a job. Just my thoughts.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.512 seconds