dcsimg

BTP Review: Makita XRJ05 brushless 18v reciprocating saw

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  jponto07 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Sounds like a nice tool, I don’t know if it would hold up against my Milwaukee fuel though

Why is that?

I’ve had a chance to use both, the makita feels a bit underpowered compared to the fuel, plus the Milwaukee has the oscillating option. I only have the generation 1 fuel so I’m sure the one key model is even better, with a few added bells and whistles.

@kswiss,

The Milwaukee must be heck of a tool if you think its better than the Makita! I personally love mine, so it would take quite a bit to beat it. As for the oscillating motion, I don’t really know if I miss the feature or not. For lighter work (read: cordless tool!) it hasn’t been a issue. I still think that the next time I do much demo, I’ll be opting for the big 15A AVT Makita….but perhaps I’ll use the cordless and see just how useful the oscillation actually is.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

but I love their big corded avt reciprocating saw.

I’ll be opting for the big 15A AVT Makita

That big 15 amp is the best on the market and has been for a few years now, That AVT is killer.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

but I love their big corded avt reciprocating saw.

I’ll be opting for the big 15A AVT Makita

That big 15 amp is the best on the market and has been for a few years now, That AVT is killer.

I agree. Its a seriously powerful tool…and the vibration control is top notch as well.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.269 seconds