dcsimg

BTP Review: Bosch Impact Tough Drilling and Driving Bits

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I really can’t wait to start seeing these new Bosch bits in the Canadian stores

@Boschmanbrian

hey brian do you guys finally have those bits up in Canada?
    I gave 2 packs of those bits to friends for Xmas and they already tried them out and they are fully satisfied with them.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I really can’t wait to start seeing these new Bosch bits in the Canadian stores

@boschmanbrian
    hey brian do you guys finally have those bits up in Canada?
    I gave 2 packs of those bits to friends for Xmas and they already tried them out and they are fully satisfied with them.

Hey Alex, no nothing yet, I was just at two big box stores in the last week, only one had the drill bits, but they were all black but with the quick 1/4 inch hex, but I think it was around 8 drill bits and for 50 dollars gulp,
    But I definitely will buy those impact ready bits. Just haven’t found them anywhere

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The impact bits are already lower on price here. I purchased them for 20 each when they first came online at lowes.com
    now you see them in the store for 12 bucks a pack.

the black oxide bits are not the same as the impact tough drill bits tho.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

The impact bits are already lower on price here. I purchased them for 20 each when they first came online at lowes.com

So they have them at lowes , might be too take a drive over the border, I was using my drill HDS181 just to drive some screws today, and was having trouble finding those Bosch impact ready black bit tips with all the clutter on my work table in the garage.
    The new ones look to stand out more with the two tone black / silver

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

So they have them at lowes , might be too take a drive over the border, I was using my drill HDS181 just to drive some screws today, and was having trouble finding those Bosch impact ready black bit tips with all the clutter on my work table in the garage.
    The new ones look to stand out more with the two tone black / silver

check online first before jumping into the car and waste time and gas 😀
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosch-Impact-Tough-32-Piece-Screwdriver-Bit-Set/1000048617

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Old thread warning
    Old thread warning

So I did pick these up a while ago,
    I think it was at reno Depot, I believe I paid around 20 dollars,

I have been using the new ones more than the previous model,
    I like how the Robertson bit grips the screws,
    Have been putting in over a thousand construction screws and so on, the bit shows no sign of wearing down,
    Definitely like to get more of the 2 inch style,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you fir the endorsement on the bits. Have seen them in the stores, next time I need some I’ll pick up a set.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you fir the endorsement on the bits. Have seen them in the stores, next time I need some I’ll pick up a set.

No problem, this impact with the magnet was used for removing easily 400 Tapcons, and the new Robertson for well over a thousand screws,
    I will try to get the 3 and 2 inch bits myself,

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Old thread warning
    Old thread warning

So I did pick these up a while ago,
    I think it was at reno Depot, I believe I paid around 20 dollars,

I have been using the new ones more than the previous model,
    I like how the Robertson bit grips the screws,
    Have been putting in over a thousand construction screws and so on, the bit shows no sign of wearing down,
    Definitely like to get more of the 2 inch style,

congrats brian on finally picking some up. pretty good price as well for canada 😛
    I use those more than the older bits as well. they last much longer and have a better fit.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

These bits are amazing. The best torture test I’ve tried is steel framing with structural steel studs that are 16ga. When using Phillips drive self drilling washer head screws with an impact driver to fasten the framing members together most bits will shatter or deform if the impact is on highest setting. Even on a mid setting, once the fastener drills through and runs down, the instant seating in the steel is tough on bits. These hold up pretty well in that scenerio. Better than the Milwaukee shockwave and wiha bulk which are the two other bits that have worked best for me for that type of use and abuse. Some manufacturers make hard bits for wood and viscous bits for metal application. Metal fastening application for high torque tools is why industrial tool manufacturers like wiha and Wera started making torsion bits. Although, some are now designed with a very hard tip and a ductile body to span uses in hard and soft materials. These Bosch appear to have very hard tips while also ductile in the body.

j

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

These Bosch appear to have very hard tips while also ductile in the body.

Sounds like a winner to me. I have a set in the shop and they have always performed well for me.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Although, some are now designed with a very hard tip and a ductile body to span uses in hard and soft materials. These Bosch appear to have very hard tips while also ductile in the body.

I’m just starting to use these bits and, yes, I’m impressed too. Mine are Robertson head and are properly tapered to hold the screws even without being magnetized. Very well made.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Although, some are now designed with a very hard tip and a ductile body to span uses in hard and soft materials. These Bosch appear to have very hard tips while also ductile in the body.

I’m just starting to use these bits and, yes, I’m impressed too. Mine are Robertson head and are properly tapered to hold the screws even without being magnetized. Very well made.

Its the little things, right? When asked to review these bits a while back I noticed the same thing…they just Fit. Since then, I’m not sure I’ve broken a single one of the bits (or hex shank drill bits either). Of course, I’ve lost most of them, but at least they didn’t shatter or deform like most of the competition eventually does.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

These bits are amazing. The best torture test I’ve tried is steel framing with structural steel studs that are 16ga. When using Phillips drive self drilling washer head screws with an impact driver to fasten the framing members together most bits will shatter or deform if the impact is on highest setting. Even on a mid setting, once the fastener drills through and runs down, the instant seating in the steel is tough on bits. These hold up pretty well in that scenerio. Better than the Milwaukee shockwave and wiha bulk which are the two other bits that have worked best for me for that type of use and abuse. Some manufacturers make hard bits for wood and viscous bits for metal application. Metal fastening application for high torque tools is why industrial tool manufacturers like wiha and Wera started making torsion bits. Although, some are now designed with a very hard tip and a ductile body to span uses in hard and soft materials. These Bosch appear to have very hard tips while also ductile in the body.

Very nice, I love mine also,
    Definitely want to pick up those new cases and make mine specific to mainly the two inch long bits

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Its the little things, right? When asked to review these bits a while back I noticed the same thing…they just Fit. Since then, I’m not sure I’ve broken a single one of the bits (or hex shank drill bits either). Of course, I’ve lost most of them, but at least they didn’t shatter or deform like most of the competition eventually does.

Lol! “Of course, I’ve lost most of them”. It’s kind of amazing how these things can go missing no matter how many extras you buy. I end up buying bulk for this reason but it doesn’t help. Seems like everything I do I use Torx but when doing assembly and installation we need hex metric and imperial, pozi-driv, Phillips, Torx, Robertson, and sometimes various types of security bits such as spanner (snake eyes). I do wish it were easy to find these bosch bits in Pozi… We use, and lose, a lot of those and people love to ruin them when they try to use them on Phillips recesses.

j

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Definitely want to pick up those new cases and make mine specific to mainly the two inch long bits

What drive types do you use most? Sounds like a good plan for the new cases.
    I want to love 2” bits but I really like having strong magnetism more. At least for my use.

j

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I want to love 2” bits but I really like having strong magnetism more. At least for my use.

I love the magnetism too and use the slip on magnet.

What drive types do you use most? Sounds like a good plan for the new cases.

I’m using mostly Bosch impact bits, I have the older model, all black in the Bosch brute cases,
    At times I found the little one inch bits sometimes don’t stay in the magnetic holder, that’s why I like the two or even three inch bits that go directly into the impact and no holder

I also like the Milwaukee shock wave bits, the magnetic holder actually seems stronger than the Bosch, but still have a preference on the 2 or 3 inch bits.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

I love the magnetism too and use the slip on magnet.

What slip on magnet system do you like best? I have a Makita and a DeWalt one but neither will work on my 2” bosch bits.

j

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

At times I found the little one inch bits sometimes don’t stay in the magnetic holder, that’s why I like the two or even three inch bits that go directly into the impact and no holder

Magnetic holders that have a retaining ring built in to engage the detents on the corners of the bits are my favourites but they are so hard to find. They are most common in industrial components which usually carry a pretty hefty price, too.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.358 seconds