dcsimg

BTP Review: Bosch Impact Tough Drilling and Driving Bits

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I might just go out and get the double ended Bosch Torx bits so I can see how well they perform versus the current Dewalt and Milwaukee bits I’m using. I don’t have the long Dewalt FlexTorqs but I have the longer Milwaukee Gen 2 Shockwaves. The Bosch set has the T25s but I end up using T15 and T20 without a holder more.

Woa, hold on. I didn’t realize that Bosch was making also Torx bits! That I’m very interested in.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Great reviews guys. I’ll definitely be grabbing a set of those soon. Also interested in the Torx bits.

I might just go out and get the double ended Bosch Torx bits so I can see how well they perform versus the current Dewalt and Milwaukee bits I’m using. I don’t have the long Dewalt FlexTorqs but I have the longer Milwaukee Gen 2 Shockwaves. The Bosch set has the T25s but I end up using T15 and T20 without a holder more.

Woa, hold on. I didn’t realize that Bosch was making also Torx bits! That I’m very interested in.

From memory they was a triple pack with a T25/T25, T25/T20 and T20/T15. I suspect I might of mixed it up from memory. Unfortunately I still can’t buy the individual bits.

They have been making them for sometime now, this is from last year in June.
    But I have two other older kits with them in also,

Doobie

Do you know if they make a Torx only kit? I’ve got more Phiollips and Robertsons bits than I need and have been transitioning to Torx heads wherever I can for the last few years now.

I’d be especially interested in longer than standard bits as well. Four and six inch Torx bits seem very difficult to find here in Canada although I haven’t looked online for them much yet.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The drilling bits were probably my favorite, very little wobble.

Those are what I am waiting for. I need a set of hex drive drill bits with less wobble.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Do you know if they make a Torx only kit? I’ve got more Phiollips and Robertsons bits than I need and have been transitioning to Torx heads wherever I can for the last few years now.

I’d be especially interested in longer than standard bits as well. Four and six inch Torx bits seem very difficult to find here in Canada although I haven’t looked online for them much yet.

I don’t know for sure, but I’m with you about having more than enough Philip and square or Robertson,
    One thing for sure, I will keep my cases, and I am hoping that they will be selling the new style Bosch bits separately, this way I can make up my own kits, like you, I would want more Torx bits.
    Hoping they start hitting the shelves soon.

Doobie

I would want more Torx bits.
    Hoping they start hitting the shelves soon.

So how would you compare the durability rating on them versus the GRK ones they sell?

The best I had found so far were a type that LV sold insofar as durability.

While these are not the same ones I bought originally, I now see a different variety with longer shafts now at LV for Torx bits.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=69601&cat=3,41306,69644

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Love all the different videos madman_us. Thanks for taking your time to share with us your thoughts .

Thank you Will – I really had fun recording those videos. glad you like them.

They look really nice and slim I wishould they make more variety of them. Holding case is really plus for me also I like finding the bits when I look for them.

@Masterbosch

a few weeks ago I purchased the bits from lowes and they were not expensive at all. very good price actually and they do come in a hard case.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

a few weeks ago I purchased the bits from lowes and they were not expensive at all. very good price actually and they do come in a hard case.

@madman us have you seen the new Bosch drill bits yet?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us have you seen the new Bosch drill bits yet?

If you mean those ones here?! Then yes 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Small correction on the Bosch double sided impact bits, they’re T15/T20, T25/T25, T25/T35. Country of origin is Vietnam instead of Taiwan like the set.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Great reviews, the video was nice aswell. I’ll have to keep an eye out to give them a shot next time I’m grabbing bits.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@madman_us yeah I try to get everything with case to but even 32 piece impact set doesn’t have small torque or small square head I don’t know why they wouldn’t throw 2 of them rather then putting 6 piece bit each

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

The double ended torx bits in question pictured. I’d like to see a T15/T20 bit given those are common for decking and some high performance screws.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Here a close up picture of the kit

As reflector already mentioned they do come as 3 bit sets too.
    But it also would be nice to see a 10 or 20 pack of each bit (or common bits). So you can buy what you need and want and not buying a kit with bits you won’t use often

EDIT: Could not get the link on my cell phone. but here it is, they do come in packs:
    https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/impact-tough-insert-bits-22866-c/

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If you mean those ones here?! Then yes

Yep those be the ones. Where?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

If you mean those ones here?! Then yes

Yep those be the ones. Where?

I got’em from my local Lowes.
    Bosch 9-Pack Titanium Twist Drill Bit Set
    Item # 777811 Model # TI9IM

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Been using the double ended Bosch impact bits and I like em, moreso than the double ended Makitas. The T15/T20 and T25/T30 combos are practically all you need for Torx bits outside of dealing with T10 trim screws and anything bigger. The Makitas are just double ended with T15/T20/T25. I’ve stuck on that Makita magnet that goes on their double ended bits and it works great. They are a little less wobbly in fit than the Makita bits and the insert bits that GRK supplies and I am inclined to say they don’t slip as easily as the Makita bits.

Still can’t beat the funny sort of Torx bit with the indent that Spax supplies, those have really positive registration and holding power. I think the Canadian members of BTP will have a lot to tell me about Robertsons and the tip fit.

The double ended torx bits in question pictured. I’d like to see a T15/T20 bit given those are common for decking and some high performance screws.

I really can’t wait to start seeing these new Bosch bits in the Canadian stores,
    I am presently using the Bosch impact sets, but I find at times, they are harder to find being just black,
    I like the look of the newer ones, Seams that they are strong, and as a bonus should stand out better, old age eyes lol

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.338 seconds