dcsimg

BTP Review : Bosch HDH183 18 volt E C Brushless Brute Tough Hammer Drill /Driver

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice nice video, it’s a very impressive drill, I have tried the HDH181 to do the same, it’s also great.
    Your right Bosch make some great solid tools,
    How much did you have to mix up.

it was a smaller batch, wasn’t that much but any other drill would’ve started to smoke. The hdh183 was doing great.

@r-ice nice video, it’s a very impressive drill, I have tried the HDH181 to do the same, it’s also great.

it was a smaller batch, wasn’t that much but any other drill would’ve started to smoke. The hdh183 was doing great.

Ive done both joint compound and tile thin-set with my HDH181X and it handles it like a champ. Not surprised the 183 can do the same

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-0″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BQG6EDCgN3P/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7&#8243; allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”1198″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-0″ scrolling=”no” style=”border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);”></iframe>
    <script async=”” defer=”” src=”//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js”></script>
    </figure>
    <iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-1″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BQG8ZopAqx9/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7&#8243; allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”846″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-1″ scrolling=”no” style=”border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);”></iframe>
    <script async=”” defer=”” src=”//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js”></script>
    </figure>
    <iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-2″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BQG-FwEA5OO/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7&#8243; allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”778″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-2″ scrolling=”no” style=”border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);”></iframe>
    </figure>
    <iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-3″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BQG_RCFg9mK/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7&#8243; allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”858″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-3″ scrolling=”no” style=”border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);”></iframe>
    </figure>
    <iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-4″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BQHBswSgxPy/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7&#8243; allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”3018″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-4″ scrolling=”no” style=”border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);”></iframe>
    </figure>

Thanks for posting. Kind of suprising though.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes the anti-kickback feature is very nice. Sure saves the knuckles when working in close quarters.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Yes the anti-kickback feature is very nice. Sure saves the knuckles when working in close quarters.

I sure appreciated it when I was using mine with a 1-inch auger bit into 8 inch thick birch (to hog out the mortises in my workbench. It grabbed many many times.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I sure appreciated it when I was using mine with a 1-inch auger bit into 8 inch thick birch (to hog out the mortises in my workbench. It grabbed many many times.

I definitely appreciated it when I was using the strip it disc and got to close or it to grip and edge of the metal piece of was paint stripping.

Yes for sure, I know I appreciate it when I was making some holes with the 3 and 2 inch hole saws.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m taking a good look at this drill thinking I might order one to try out.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Ive done both joint compound and tile thin-set with my HDH181X and it handles it like a champ. Not surprised the 183 can do the same

I might purchase the bare tool or maybe wait for a kit with the core battery.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

@kswiss and @madman_us you guys won’t be disappointed in my opinion.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

you guys won’t be disappointed in my opinion.

yeah I know I won’t 😛 after reading your review and me using it at the world of concrete with the core battery.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yeah I know I won’t after reading your review and me using it at the world of concrete with the core battery.

So you are saying the CORE battery made a difference on the power put out by the tool? Good to know by buying the CORE I can hopefully expect a bit more from my current tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

you guys won’t be disappointed in my opinion.

yeah I know I won’t 😛 after reading your review and me using it at the world of concrete with the core battery.

Lol yeah sorry, I keep forgetting about your pictures and information about the WOC, great information you posted.
    Guess I must have symptoms of my profile picture lol

yeah I know I won’t after reading your review and me using it at the world of concrete with the core battery.

So you are saying the CORE battery made a difference on the power put out by the tool? Good to know by buying the CORE I can hopefully expect a bit more from my current tools.

From what Ive read and heard, it will make a huge difference in some, a slight difference in others, and no difference in the rest. Best way to get an idea of whether the tool benefits is to see if performance is different between a 2ah and 4ah battery

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

From what Ive read and heard, it will make a huge difference in some, a slight difference in others, and no difference in the rest. Best way to get an idea of whether the tool benefits is to see if performance is different between a 2ah and 4ah battery

I definitely want to get my hands on a core18 bacttery to try on my 18v items. namely the idh183 and the hdh183. I think it would be a nice and visible difference.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

one thing im a little concerend about with teh core.. is how bosch says its fully compatible with the older lithium tools. what i mean is im wondering if the older tools have heavy enough gauge wiring internally to handle the extra voltage going through them. similarly to how the first generation of makita lxt tools were burning up when makita introduced their 2nd gen of batteries..

will the overload protection kick in much earlier or if at all

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Oh yes it made a good difference in power. I believe I used it with a 2″ dare devil spade bit into ply.

Lol yeah sorry, I keep forgetting about your pictures and information about the WOC, great information you posted.
    Guess I must have symptoms of my profile picture lol

haha no worries Brian – all good 😛
    yeah your profile pic is quite funny

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wonder how it rates next to other brands like it??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Good question, does that Makita have the anti kick back features
    I don’t even know if the other manufacturers have that on their drills.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

kswiss and madman_us you guys won’t be disappointed in my opinion.

Good question, does that Makita have the anti kick back features
    I don’t even know if the other manufacturers have that on their drills.

So far hilti and the one keyed Milwaukee are the only others to have it. My guess is dewalt will have it next as they are coming out with connected tools this year

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.492 seconds