dcsimg

BTP Review : Bosch HDH183 18 volt E C Brushless Brute Tough Hammer Drill /Driver

This topic contains 63 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

This is a primary review of the new 1/2 E C brushless heavy duty hammer drill / driver with the anti kick back control, I recieved from Be The Pro,

It’s the model number HDH183, this one is a kit, comes in a soft carry case, two 4.0Ah battery packs and the new fast charger (BC 1880 ) and the side handle, plus a bit for screwing.

First impression is that it is definitely a solid feeling drill,made from the famous Bosch durashield plastics, and a nice metal front casing, the weight is nice, the balance also is very nice with the 4.0 ah battery packs.

I will compare it to its predecesor the HDH181
    I also have that model, and think it’s definitely a great drill / driver
    One thing I like better , is the selector switch on top, it has a solid clicking feel, and when you have it set on the drill selector , you do not have to dial up the torque setting , great up date

Between the two drills, I have no problem with the grip, but the newer version has a slightly smaller grip near the smaller finger at the base,
    Kinda reminds me of the IDH182 a little.

Okay, first the charger is excellent, it has the fan inside like the previous model (BC 630 ), I was continuously checking the battery pack as it was charging, never once noticed heat on the battery pack, from one bar on the battery pack to complete charge, it’s around 30 to 45 minutes.

Okay, I first started out just putting in screws,
    Piece of cake with the drill,
    I was doing some 2 inch drywall screws, and 3 inch deck and flooring screws
    Once again, not a problem,
    One thing I like was the chuck setting for the clutch, unlike the previous models, as soon as the screw reached the torque setting, you heard a snap and then the drill just stopped. No more skipping the clutch sound.

I used it with the Bosch daredevil spade bits, it just sinks right into the wood with out any struggle right through 3 pieces of 2×6.

I also used it with the hole saws, this is what I wanted to see what the kick back would do. ,
    Pretty cool features, I have it on the previous version HDH181, and once again, very impressive features, I tried it in the both speeds, I tell you, the first gear has some very serious torque, good thing it has the anti kick back,

I drilled a few 3/16 holes into the cement foundation of my garage floor for some Tapcons, piece of cake,

I have not really used the side handle yet,

I think anyone looking for a solid drill / driver for durability, this just might be your drill,

If anyone is already in the Bosch battery platform, this drill is a must,

Also took it into the shop, most of the guys who have tried it out, first comment was nice grip and very well balanced,

It was very useful for drilling through 3/16 aluminum with ease,

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Nice! Sounds like another great drill in an already strong line up! Thanks for your thoughts.

Charlie

Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I used it with the Bosch daredevil spade bits, it just sinks right into the wood with out any struggle right through 3 pieces of 2×6.

I also used it with the hole saws, this is what I wanted to see what the kick back would do. ,
    Pretty cool features, I have it on the previous version HDH181, and once again, very impressive features, I tried it in the both speeds, I tell you, the first gear has some very serious torque, good thing it has the anti kick back,

I drilled a few 3/16 holes into the cement foundation of my garage floor for some Tapcons, piece of cake,

Nice review of the HDH183 @boschmanbrian. ThanX

These newer brushless tools with anti kick back feature can’t be beat.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Hi @boschmanbrian thanks for your personal review of the HDH183 . Hopefully this means Bosch has is stepping up there cordless line up game .

Always willing to learn .

Very nice. I dont see myself getting it, as I already have the DDS182 brushless compact and the HDH181X Hammer Brute with Active, but if I was buying now, this would seem to be the best of both worlds

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Thanks for the review. Still debating on getting this or the fuel.

Anonymous

Very nice review, Thanks for all the pics too

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Thanks for including all of the pictures, another great review for sure.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Thanks guys, lol I am definitely not a writer, have a hard time putting words from my mind to paper,

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks for the great review Brian and you definitely didn’t save on pictures 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Thanks for the great review Brian and you definitely didn’t save on pictures 😀

Lol thanks Alex, I know I enjoy looking at pictures, so I added as many as I could, I know some members keep posting how they like pictures and videos, don’t do video, so I figured the more pictures, the better lol

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Great review job on a great drill. You covered everything so well I don’t have any question.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is a primary review of the new 1/2 E C brushless heavy duty hammer drill / driver with the anti kick back control, I recieved from Be The Pro,

Very nice review, Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

monman1
    Pro

Thanks for posting a good review! Maybe i will get this when i have the points.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Appreciate the time you put into the review. Nice job and obviously from the review, a nice drill. I am not looking for one now but I will keep this info for the future.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Would be cool to see some head to head videos of the hdh181 and hdh183. I would love to see that

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Would be cool to see some head to head videos of the hdh181 and hdh183. I would love to see that

yah comparison videos are always great to showcase how much further the newer one has come.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Thanks again guys, @austin, I can see what I can do, I have a old camera I can see if I can get it going, I’m just not familiar with how to get video to the post, I guess I need you tube account or something.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.703 seconds