dcsimg

BTP Review: Blaklader work pants – X1900

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

No Ordinary Pair of Work Pants

Blaklader work pants - model X1900.Let me just start off by saying that these Blaklader work pants are not currently available in North America, but don’t let that stop you from ordering a pair. It can be a bit tricky ordering these but if you know your Click here to find your European equivalent pant size you shouldn’t have too many issues. I ended up ordering from one of the official Blaklader retailers by following a few links on the official Blaklader site for US. Shipping took about two weeks from the date that I ordered, but it was well worth the wait.

Blaklader work pants are quality constructed

After opening the package I was quite surprised by the quality of these pants. Even compared to my other pair of Blaklader work pants, model 1680 heavy worker’s, these are miles ahead. The fabric is very heavy and strong but not really rough to the touch. The pants are a blend of 75% cotton and 25% polyamide; also made in Sri Lanka like most of the other styles. They feature cordura fabric on the knees and cuffs, as well as on the inside of the front and back pockets. The triple stitching is incredibly strong and even backed by Blaklader with a lifetime guarantee on the seams.

Pockets are the Blaklader work pants strongest benefit

In my opinion, the best thing about these Blaklader work pants is the pockets. There are so many and all of them are very well placed and laid out. Two back pockets, two front “utility pockets” with slanted pockets underneath, and two side pockets. The front utility pockets do not tuck in on this model. They also feature two larger Velcro belt loops for a hammer holder that is sold separately. These pants pretty much eliminate the need for anyone to carry a tool belt, which I’m sure everyone can appreciate. I can easily carry a whole handful of screws in the front pockets without being worried about being jabbed in the legs, or having a pocket rip.

Blaklader work pants are the bees knees

Blaklader work pants are known for their knees.  Since this is normally the first place work pants wear out, Blaklader puts extra effort to ensure they last. Depending on where you like your Click here to see Blaklader work pants kneepads to sit, there is an upper and lower shelf to help you customize the fit to your body style and work habits. There is also a Velcro piece to keep the bottom of the knee pad pocket closed. The X1900 uses knee pads 4018, 4000, and 4008. I had the foam knee pads but they were pretty big in these pants and looked kind of funny. I tried to trim them down a bit but they still never really fit right. I’m not really sure if these special knee pads are available here but I haven’t had much luck finding them anywhere online. There are also some small reflective strip on the back of the legs. Another great feature is the drawstring cuffs on the bottom, great if you have to walk into any mud or to tighten up on a windy day.

I love my Blaklader work pants and here’s why…

I am extremely tough on my workwear and I would have to say that these are the best and toughest work pants that I’ve ever worn. The knees seem almost impossible to rip. I couldn’t really believe it when I saw the video of them lifting 3 cars until I put them on. I do have to say that if you live in a hot climate then these pants probably are not for you, unless of course you wear them in the winter. I’ve been wearing them in 75+ degree temperatures lately and it gets a little warm. From what I’ve heard these pants should be available in Canada and USA in fall of 2016.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Okay crazy question time, how noisy are the pants. When you walk do they have that havey swishing noise?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

r-ice wrote=Okay crazy question time, how noisy are the pants. When you walk do they have that havey swishing noise?

DWB writes= if you can hear your pants when you walk your Power B0XX isn’t loud enough!!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Okay crazy question time, how noisy are the pants. When you walk do they have that havey swishing noise?

I know what you mean, the noise isn’t bad. This style fits a bit more like a pair of jeans, not quite as baggy in the legs.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Wow, great stuff there. They look really heavy duty. I hear you on the heat, my 1600x get a little warm in 30c weather. These would be great for the Spring/Winter and Fall!

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I should have mentioned that these also run a little smaller in size so you should be fine to go with your regular jean sizing.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks for the information on the pants. I really need to get me a couple of pairs of them. I think they would be much better than a tool belt.

Doobie

Mine don’t. I’ve got a canvas/cotton model I believe.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My ¾ pants don’t make any noise at all.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for the review kswiss! Found this kewl video on the x1900. Are you going to give this a try?

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Haha wow that video is pretty crazy, I don’t know if I’m brave enough to try something like that though.

Doobie

That’s a little crazy. Just looks downright dangerous no matter how much safeguards they may have thought of.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

okay thats good, it always drives me nuts when I sound like a plastic bag in the wind.

Doobie

okay thats good, it always drives me nuts when I sound like a plastic bag in the wind.

Like someone said earlier, you need to crank up the tunes when working!

I suppose the farting sound that the insertable knee pads can make sometimes when you rest on them would drive you nuts also?

Just kidding! Lol!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Like someone said earlier, you need to crank up the tunes when working!

I suppose the farting sound that the insertable knee pads can make sometimes when you rest on them would drive you nuts also?

Just kidding! Lol!

For one the video just shows how tough those pants are.

@Doobie,
    At least they can try to blame the fart noise on the knee inserts. 😀

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

That’s a little crazy. Just looks downright dangerous no matter how much safeguards they may have thought of.

The guy must have something on underneath the pants, like metal kneepads or plates on his knee so if the pants did wear through, it wouldn’t grind through his knee too.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

No human knees could survive that kind of abuse without some kind of protection.

Doobie

The guy must have something on underneath the pants, like metal kneepads or plates on his knee so if the pants did wear through, it wouldn’t grind through his knee too.

That sould make sense. There probably is something to protect him in the event of a catastrophic failure.

Btw Kyle, didn’t mention it earlier, but nice review and thanks for doing it!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

No human knees could survive that kind of abuse without some kind of protection.

Just proves you have some crazy *** pants there. Thanks for all the pictures. Those will be great for concrete demo!

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

No problem, thanks to Jim for some skillful editing

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.690 seconds