dcsimg

BTP Review: Blaklader Performance Hoodie

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Ever since joining Be The Pro, I was introduced to the high quality and craftsmanship that Blaklader offers. I own a few different pairs of their work pants so I thought that I would try out some of their other clothing as well. I ended up picking out the Blaklader performance hoodie to try out. As soon as it arrived I tried it on and knew right away that I had made an excellent choice.

Similar to the pants, the performance hoodie has a different unique look to it that sets it apart from other brands. They’ve mixed two different materials for the outer shell to give the hoodie a great balance between durability and comfort. For the areas that usually would usually be exposed to high abrasion they’ve gone with a soft shell material. These areas include the backs of the arms, middle of the hood, the seat area, the breast pocket, and both sides of the hoodie underneath the arms. The rest of the outside is made up of a polyester fabric that is soft to the touch and has sort of a knit look to it. The inside is made up of the same polyester / polyamide material but it has an even softer, kind of fleecy feel to it. The ends of the sleeves have a bit of elastic sewn in to keep everything in place so you won’t have to keep constantly pulling your sleeves up if you have shorter arms like me.

I know that Blaklader brands this as a performance hoodie, which sounds more like a sweatshirt or something along those lines. However, to me, it feels a lot more like a jacket or light coat. With the bits of soft shell material included, I guess the name is kind of deceiving. One of the reasons I like this hoodie so much is because it’s not very flashy. They’ve kept the branding subtle with only one Blaklader tag sewn on the bottom of the right sleeve, and two reflective logos. (One on the chest area, hidden behind the zipper, and the other on the seat area soft shell piece.) This is the type of sweater that you could wear out on a Friday night or wear to the jobsite on a Monday morning, and you would look good doing both.

There are only a few drawbacks with this performance hoodie, overall I really like it and have been wearing it more often at work lately. One thing that some people might not like is that it looks waterproof but it’s really not. I ended up getting caught out in some rain at work and got absolutely soaked with wearing this hoodie. It might be good for a small drizzle but I wouldn’t exactly swap it out for a rain coat. I also wouldn’t recommend wearing this one if you are doing any type of hot work. Being made of polyester, there is a potential for the fabric melting and I wouldn’t want to take any chances there.
    Thanks again to Be the Pro and Blaklader for letting me try out the performance hoodie.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Thanks for taking the time to do a review . Intesreting about the fabric getting so wet in the rain and the hot effecting the user.

Always willing to learn .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice review kswiss. Looks and sounds like a nice light weight jacket. To bad it’s not water resistant. How is the fit/sizing?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

nice review, I am thinking about ordering the jacket available in the US

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Nice review kswiss. Looks and sounds like a nice light weight jacket. To bad it’s not water resistant. How is the fit/sizing?

Thanks, it’s a bit of a slim fit. I’d say sizing runs a little bit small. I got a large and it’s a nice snug fit for me.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review . Intesreting about the fabric getting so wet in the rain and the hot effecting the user.

Thanks for taking the time to read through, I appreciate it.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

That’s the one that I really wanted, I wish it was available on both sides.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s the one that I really wanted, I wish it was available on both sides.

yah the one that is available to the us, is the one i want to try out as well. Its weird how certain items are only available to certain regions of north america.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I’m thinking about getting something fleece from blaklader I have a softshell bosch heated jacket but sometimes gets really hot even if you turn it off so I want so thing durable for work

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Great review, thanks for taking the time to put it together.

I was curious about this goodie ever since it hit the list a few months ago, but after the initial hype haven’t heard much of it. It definitely sounds like something to look into with fall weather around the corner.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s a nice jacket Kyle. I have been considering buying a number of their jackets since I picked up the Brawny last year…a raincoat mostly, but I guess this one is out for that purpose.

Do you think it would stand up to a jobsite? It LOOKS like it would snag on things.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kyle very nice review Thank you for posting

Kurt I got the jacket available in the US off the list and it is very nice. I think you will be happy with it if you order one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Another great review from you Kyle – good job on that!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Kyle very nice review Thank you for posting

Kurt I got the jacket available in the US off the list and it is very nice. I think you will be happy with it if you order one.

thanks for the recomendation, I really like the looks of the jacket and it is about time for a new one . this one looks very nice. To bad for the guys north of the border that it is not available for them.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Do you think it would stand up to a jobsite? It LOOKS like it would snag on things.

I’ve been wearing it a lot on the job lately, it’s been holding up really well. No snags or rips yet, so I guess it’s a bit more durable than it looks.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ve been wearing it a lot on the job lately, it’s been holding up really well. No snags or rips yet, so I guess it’s a bit more durable than it looks.

Great review Kyle!!
    Your 100% correct, the knit or woven fabric does look fragile but stands up rather well! I’ll grab a pic of my very used Blaklader Hoodie to this thread later.

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Great review Kyle!!
    Your 100% correct, the knit or woven fabric does look fragile but stands up rather well! I’ll grab a pic of my very used Blaklader Hoodie to this thread later.

Oh I forgot that you have the same one, that would be great, thanks Chris.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a nice jacket kswiss, I really enjoyed reading the review. You are very good at writing reviews.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

That’s a nice jacket Kyle, I really enjoyed reading the review. You are very good at writing reviews.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

That’s a nice jacket Kyle, I really enjoyed reading the review. You are very good at writing reviews.

“Who’s Kyle”? I remember you asking in the past. Glad your acquainted now 😉

A Working Pro since 2004

@kswiss, great review Kyle, you are right about the Blaklader gear, I don’t really own any pants or jacket /hoodies, but as you mentioned, hearing from the members here how rugged and comfortable they are, that says something,

Great job on the review.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.555 seconds