dcsimg

BTP Review: Blaklader 1680 Heavy Work Pants

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@blaklader the Canadian website seems to be down.

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

A Working Pro since 2004

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Thanks for the review, and the comments about sizing.

Doobie

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

Might be laundry day at Blakader Canada.

Joking aside, they’re pretty small here in efforts in my estimation. I called them a few weeks ago and not only was there no call management system to toggle/struggle thru, the person I spoke to who answered the phone seemed to be the head of almost everything here in Canada.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Runtime Error

Might be laundry day at Blakader Canada.

Joking aside, they’re pretty small here in efforts in my estimation. I called them a few weeks ago and not only was there no call management system to toggle/struggle thru, the person I spoke to who answered the phone seemed to be the head of almost everything here in Canada.

Your right! I’ve only seen one other tradesman that wore Blaklader recently. He bought them online via Europe. I agree that the Brand is not being pushed hard here in Canada. The prices in Europe seem to be much lower also. A lower price point and a stronger push of Brand recognition, Blaklader could take a big piece of the pie here!

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

The prices in Europe seem to be much lower also

I bought mine via a retailer that did not have online pricing out in the west end somewhere a few years ago. Everywhere else was way more expensive. Prices can vary widely here in Canada from one retailer to another and from model to model.

One place can have good prices on the shorts and be overpriced on the pants and another retailer can be the complete opposite. Gotta do your shopping/homework.

To bad its not like Festool in that they simply dictate an overpriced amount on everything no matter which retailer you want to buy from……duckin’ and running now!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@Blaklader Hey, any good news on the possibility of Blaklader Decals. A little while ago you mentioned on looking into it for the BTP members. Cheers and thanks

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well atlas tools are carrying blakadder pants now. I was kinda shocked as I’ve never seen them carry clothing.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@r-ice I’ve never been to Atlas. I need to make a visit and check out the store and what Blaklader they have also. Good to know.

A Working Pro since 2004

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

have you guys seen teh new x1900 pants their about to release, their a cross between regular casual jeans and the x1600 it seams.. work wear that can be worn after hours too.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice I’ve never been to Atlas. I need to make a visit and check out the store and what Blaklader they have also. Good to know.

its been a while since i’ve been down the queen location. I was browsing their webpage to find the best deals on a few things I’ve been looking at. Mainly where is the best place to buy festool items and I happened to see they are now selling blakadder pants. I was surprised to say the least.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@jkirk j did a review of the x1900 that is not available in North America here http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/btp-review-blaklader-x1900-work-pants/

Doobie

well atlas tools are carrying blakadder pants now. I was kinda shocked as I’ve never seen them carry clothing.

I find it amazing what they do carry. Tiny place but so many lines of stuff. I don’t know where they put it all.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

@jkirk j did a review of the x1900 that is not available in North America here http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/btp-review-blaklader-x1900-work-pants/

ok cool, however i think the pants are coming to north amercica in august according their site

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Touching base with you Kyle to see how the pants have held up! Maybe not as much use in the Summer due to heat and such but I am curious and respect your input. @kswiss

BTW I have a Skilsaw decal if you would like it, ESTD 1924 SKILLSAW STAY TRUE. Let me know and I’ll send it out to you.

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I still have the 1680’s but I’ve mostly been wearing the 1900’s. Both pairs are holding up great, no holes or rips anywhere. That sticker sounds cool, thanks for keeping me in mind.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I find it amazing what they do carry. Tiny place but so many lines of stuff. I don’t know where they put it all.

I kinda wish they were in a bigger building with way more parking. it’s always a fight to get down there and find parking.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m wondering what pants that they have that are the best for the hottest weather?? I have very hot weather coming up and I may need full length pants.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I still have the 1680’s but I’ve mostly been wearing the 1900’s. Both pairs are holding up great, no holes or rips anywhere. That sticker sounds cool, thanks for keeping me in mind.

I’ll send that out to you @kswiss. Glad to hear the pants are holding up well.

Just packaged it up in an envelope and dropping in mailbox on way to work.

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m wondering what pants that they have that are the best for the hottest weather?? I have very hot weather coming up and I may need full length pants.

They do make the pants with no knee pads that look a lot lighter than the ones we’re used to seeing here. I would say that would be your best option.

@utopia78
    thanks man can’t wait.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m wearing the x1600 Hi via version today in the heat. Black and yellow. Still think they are cooler than denim style work pants.

They do make the pants with no knee pads that look a lot lighter than the ones we’re used to seeing here. I would say that would be your best option.

@utopia78 thanks man can’t wait.

Your more than welcome, you started it lol

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.543 seconds