dcsimg

BTP Review: Blaklader 1680 Heavy Work Pants

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I might grab another pair in a different colour when they go on sale again.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have the
    Grey/Black 9499
    1601 X1600 ¾ Pants
    And there are no buttons on them. The phone pocket had a hook&loop top. It does have some zippers on them. This could be something they designed out of them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

The hook/loop sounds a lot better

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Thanks for the review, I’ve wondered about them for awhile.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m glad to say that the pants are holding up well with no more issues. Still waiting on my knee pads though.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Knee pads finally came in. They are very comfy can’t wait to try them out.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Knee pads finally came in. They are very comfy can’t wait to try them out.

Man, I wore the pants without the kneepads for months. I received a pair of kneepads with the Hi-Vis version I got around Christmas thanks to Dirty bringing it to attention to Blaklader. Love the kneepads and the fact they are hidden in the pants. Don’t have to worry about straps around your legs and such.

A Working Pro since 2004

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

You know i have always just gone with walmart jeans. I have tempted to buy a good pair of work pants, though wondered if they would last 5 to 6 times as long as they are that much more in price. I have looked at them on the points list and they look really tempting. However after looking through the sizing they dont offer the odd sizes “like many pants these days” I just cant justify the price for pants that wont fit properly.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@utopia78 I think the hardest part was getting them in. Do you think it’s better to take the knee pads out when you wash the pants?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@utopia78 I think the hardest part was getting them in. Do you think it’s better to take the knee pads out when you wash the pants?

Yeah, it can be a little tough getting them in. I would suggest inserting them before you put them on, makes it a little easier. I find I can even wear these in public with the kneepads and it’s not apparent. I would for sure take them out to wash the pants but maybe some other members can say otherwise.

A Working Pro since 2004

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@Boschmanbrian Have you tried any of the Blaklader line of products?

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I would suggest inserting them before you put them on

I tried this and it was way easier thanks.

@utopia78, no not yet, but after reading kswiss review, I’m going to start the search for a retailer in my area. Great review thanks.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Great job on the review and very detailed . I am really impressed with how well they are stitched .

I’m glad to say that the pants are holding up well with no more issues. Still waiting on my knee pads though.

Just to be clear – are you referring to the pair you got that replaced your first pair?
    That was surprising that the button failed so quickly on your first pair.
    Glad to hear it is holding up quickly and that Blaklader took good care of ya!

I would also echo the importance of being able to try on a pair – the sizing was a little bit different for me on my pair of 1630s.
    http://www.blaklader.com/us/products/products/pants/craftsmen/16301320-brawny-work-pants/antique-khaki-2800/

John S

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Just to be clear – are you referring to the pair you got that replaced your first pair?

Yes the replacement pair is the one I was referring to. I’m still loving them.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

its great they work out for you, good and proper clothing is as important if not more than good tools

You guys sure make it tempting to try out a pair

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

You guys sure make it tempting to try out a pair

I think if you get them you’ll be very impressed

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I love my Blakladers and am getting a 2nd one soon.
    Kswiss are you using the hammer loop everyday and is it holding up?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.652 seconds