dcsimg

BTP Review: Blaklader 1680 Heavy Work Pants

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Are Blaklader Pants Sturdier Than Carhartt Pants

I have to thank Be The Pro for introducing me to Blaklader clothing’s work pants. When I had first seen people talking about these work pants I got pretty excited because they came very highly reviewed. I knew that they were available on the rewards list for 50,000 points but I was nowhere near this level, so I decided to go out and buy a pair. Sourcing a pair of work pants for men near me was very easy, just a matter of going to the store locater on their website and finding the nearest local retailer.

The pair that I opted to get was the heavy worker pant, advertised as a Swedish work pant made in Sri Lanka. On the Blaklader website they advertise these as their best selling mens work pants in Canada so I figured I could not go wrong with these. My first impressions when put these pants on is that they are indeed very tough. I’ve heard that the fabric is the same as Carhartt pants uses, but to me it feels a little bit lighter. I don’t mind the lighter fabric though because overall they still feel a bit more heavy duty than the Carhartt work pants double knees I’m used to wearing. I really like the fabric on the knees it is very tough and stretches when you bend down.

Blaklader Work Pants Pockets – A Big Plus

The fold out utility pockets are a nice touch; I could easily see them replacing a tool belt for a lot of people out there. If you’re like me and don’t use these pockets a whole lot, they can be tucked into the front pockets to make them disappear. The side pockets are my favorite and probably most used pockets on work pants. On the right side is a nice long and wide pocket that you can easily fit your hand into if you need to grab something from the bottom. I like to use that pocket for holding my torpedo level which works great with the pocket size/shape. On the left side you have more of a square pocket closed by a button, with a smaller knife-sized pocket on the front of it. I like to stick my phone in that pocket because I have a massive phone and it’s kind of awkward to put in any of the other pockets. The back pockets are pretty typical with flaps and snap buttons to keep them closed.

Blaklader work pants – a few issues

The only real issue that I have with these work pants is the quality of the hardware. Within a week of having these pants I had a button come apart from where it was riveted on the side pocket. I do open and close this pocket a lot because it is where I keep my phone, but there is no reason it should be breaking after a week. The top button to close the pants feels kind of flimsy. I just wish they would put nicer finishing touches on a very well built pair of pants. Some people say they can get a couple of years of wear out of these pants but I guess only time will tell.

I will be exchanging this pair with another because of the issue with the button. After I get the new pair I will post an update with how they are holding up.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Great review on the Blaklader’s. I actually like this style since you have shown it on the forum. They really are a tough pair of pants. Probably the Cordura fabric

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Thanks for the review! You said the fabric felt lighter than Carhartts but how does it breathe? Blaklader calls these their Heavy pants…does this translate to “warm?” Or too warm?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Breathes very well it’s a very nice feeling fabric

Anonymous
    Inactive

Super nice review, Geez what a shame about the hardware. Hopefully the next pair won’t do that, How was the fit? Normal to any regular jean sizes?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice review Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Super nice review, Geez what a shame about the hardware. Hopefully the next pair won’t do that, How was the fit? Normal to any regular jean sizes?

The waist size is same as my usual pant size. I had to go shorter for the length though. I would definitely recommend trying them on before you buy them.

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

Thanks for the review. I have been considering a pair for a while now.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

Did these come with kneepads by chance? If so, what did you think about them?

Sounds like they are some solid pants but that issue with the button happening so quickly is a bummer. I imagine they will take care of it for you no problem.

John S

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

They did not come with the knee pads but I will be getting a pair.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

great review and pictures!

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

thanks for the review and the pictures!

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Great review, I am seriously considering these for next pair of work pants. Thanks for the info.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Hey thanks for the positive feedback guys, they really are great pants

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Can anyone offer a comparison between these pants and the more lightweight options Blaklader offers?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Sure your not a salesman for them? jk It is a good review.

staker
    Pro

Thanks for the great review.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Hey no problem

Can anyone offer a comparison between these pants and the more lightweight options Blaklader offers?

I cannot, but I will say that the Brawny work pants are also pretty thick material and not particularly lightweight. Several guys here have a pair of these I believe:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/blakladder-pants/

http://www.blaklader.com/us/products/products/pants/craftsmen/16301320-brawny-work-pants/antique-khaki-2800/

John S

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I’ve got the Heavy Worker in black coming my way soon enough, and I hope they’re as good as everyone says they are, because then I’ll get a couple more.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.650 seconds