dcsimg

BTP REVIEW – 3M 7500 Series Half-Mask Respirator

This topic contains 21 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  r-ice 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

@montreal_medic, I know you have the half face but have you used the full face one? not sure if you use glasses but my full face just arrived and I am finding I have to clinch it really tight so that air doesn’t escape where my glasses protrude, I don’t feel like buying the glass adapter to it as it is the same price as buying a whole new full face respirator. I may just end up getting a half face and buying a sealed safety glass instead.

No, Im not a fan of full face masks, and the safety benefits aren’t really as needed for what I do (at least in my opinion)

Also, although I do have contact lenses in at all times, I havent owned actual eyeglasses in at least 20 years

The full face is rather expensive and you have to use protective replaceable face sheets to keep original face from scratching up. I only really use this mask when I’m grinding out mortar joints or wire wheeling rebar.

I ended up picking up a half face and will find some safety sealed glasses for eyeprotection.

Which model did you get?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@montreal_medic, I know you have the half face but have you used the full face one? not sure if you use glasses but my full face just arrived and I am finding I have to clinch it really tight so that air doesn’t escape where my glasses protrude, I don’t feel like buying the glass adapter to it as it is the same price as buying a whole new full face respirator. I may just end up getting a half face and buying a sealed safety glass instead.

No, Im not a fan of full face masks, and the safety benefits aren’t really as needed for what I do (at least in my opinion)

Also, although I do have contact lenses in at all times, I havent owned actual eyeglasses in at least 20 years

The full face is rather expensive and you have to use protective replaceable face sheets to keep original face from scratching up. I only really use this mask when I’m grinding out mortar joints or wire wheeling rebar.

I ended up picking up a half face and will find some safety sealed glasses for eyeprotection.

Which model did you get?

lol with your great review of the 7500 series, of course I got that one. I just need to find sealed safety glasses.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.478 seconds