dcsimg

BTP Improvements

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 730 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

o. Click it and a drop down menu opens that says Dashboard

Ah bummer – after I click on dashboard I get “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” Ironic it would seem :) lol

I like John am bumming out on this one “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.””” Dang it!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the idea of having my join date displayed do I added it to my tag line. I messed around trying to get it set under my avatar but no luck.

Try entering it in the city or state line. if ya want it at the bottom like under what ya have up now try adding it after the word ‘Ohio’ in that same box

EDIT; Ok I looked up how I did mine, The ‘I got a pallet’ is in the city line and the point number is in the state line. Good Luck

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I found when I registered. It was on my birthday. Guess I didn’t have much to do.

BTW, thank you Kevin for your feedback, it really is appreciated.

Ok, I went back and looked through old topics and the oldest I found were from Nov. 2012. Obviously I didn’t look at every topic, but I looked at topics started by the Pro’s on our header.

So my start date may very well be right.

Very interesting – thanks for looking into that Mark! It is amazing how time flies! It is amazing to think about BTP’s growth and development in this short amount of time.

Yes the forum started June 2012, but didn’t get promoted and rolling until that October.
    Many were on the site before forums and that goes back to 2009.

Interesting – good to know!

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So I hit the site about a year after it went public so to say. Found out about the site from Rob Robillard and his A Concord Carpenter newsletter. Good read for those not getting it as well as HomeFixated. Rob has some really nice review videos on youtube. Mostly Milwaukee stuff but the videos are well done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Rob has some really nice review videos on youtube.

I have seen them and they are good.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

What would be really neat would be a section in the top right by your name that would show the status of your redeemed items. Ie: Approved, Shipping, Delivered for each item.

A Working Pro since 2004

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

What would be really neat would be a section in the top right by your name that would show the status of your redeemed items. Ie: Approved, Shipping, Delivered for each item.

That would be cool

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I haven’t made my first redemption yet, but this sounds like a great addition to the process.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I haven’t made my first redemption yet, but this sounds like a great addition to the process.

Sounds to me like something else that our already overworked staffers would have to keep track of. Right now it seems to be enough to just get orders done and keep the points straight. As it stands though, there have been some great improvements.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

it’s not like the ordering process is handled by an automated system; which would make this request obviously desired. the whole thing is manual so it depends on human intervention (jenny) to update the status for each person anyhow.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thought that was what I said. LOL.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Thought that was what I said. LOL.

in a round about way i guess so. I agree then. 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@bethepro, Kevin, Mods, is there any way to get a “go to the last read post” button on the threads? Most forums have a button to the left of the Thread Topic that when clicked takes you to your last read post in the thread, this way you can continue forward reading what you have missed since you last visited the thread. the way is now you have to click the last post and then scroll backwards and try and find where you left off. It’s time consuming and causes me to miss a lot that has been posted. I sure wish this one feature could be added.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

@bethepro, Kevin, Mods, is there any way to get a “go to the last read post” button on the threads? Most forums have a button to the left of the Thread Topic that when clicked takes you to your last read post in the thread, this way you can continue forward reading what you have missed since you last visited the thread. the way is now you have to click the last post and then scroll backwards and try and find where you left off. It’s time consuming and causes me to miss a lot that has been posted. I sure wish this one feature could be added.

This has been brought up before and last time (sometime in 2015) we were told it is not possible. It’s one of my BTP peeves too, so don’t feel bad for asking.

My semi-workaround is to pull up my Activity page in my ID and go thru my last posted post in a thread and simply right click on my time-stamp and select to have it come up in a new tab. That way I can now go to those threads and read from where I last left off from the post I last placed in it. It’s not as nice as having a function that takes you to where you last read, but it’s better than nothing.

EDIT: I know when you mentioned ‘Kevin’, it was intended for Kevin6, but I just thought I’d offer that ‘Activity’ tip if weren’t aware of doing that. FWIW. 🙂

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

This is probably the place for this but I noticed the amount of voices that it says in each thread is 1. Something isnt working.

Doobie

This is probably the place for this but I noticed the amount of voices that it says in each thread is 1. Something isnt working.

I hadn’t noticed that til you mentioned now, but you’re right.

Looks like it started happening about 6 weeks ago. Look here….

http://bethepro.com/topics/page/16/

Not sure how necessary this function is though. I never looked at it for anything.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I hadn’t noticed that til you mentioned now, but you’re right.

Looks like it started happening about 6 weeks ago. Look here….

http://bethepro.com/topics/page/16/

Not sure how necessary this function is though. I never looked at it for anything.

maybe they turned it off so it makes the site less of a resource hog. makes it run faster and smoother.

Doobie

On another note that I’ve noticed just in the past few days, why are my smillies showing up in humongous size. My smillies in question are the ones that originate from being selected in my Samsung tablet’s available ones. Those never did that before. The few I do otherwise via using simple keyboard ones don’t do this effect when members quote my posts.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

On another note that I’ve noticed just in the past few days, why are my smillies showing up in humongous size.

You’re right it seems to be happening if you quote a post with them in it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 730 total)
  • The topic ‘BTP Improvements’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.106 seconds