dcsimg

BTP Improvements

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 730 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I know that Aaron mentioned in Moze’s thread about making it easier for mods to list reasons for a deleted post. I think a drop box would with the reasons for deletion would be enough. So, where the post was, there would now be a reason for the deletion. Whadya think?

On another note, character translation is kind of a pain. Instead of a ‘ or some of the other frequently used characters, all I see in my email and on tapatalk is the character codes. (see subject lines in attached image).

Attachments:
    MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

What about point sharing/gifting? Not like anyone would want to gift points but you never know.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I know that Aaron mentioned in Moze’s thread about making it easier for mods to list reasons for a deleted post. I think a drop box would with the reasons for deletion would be enough. So, where the post was, there would now be a reason for the deletion. Whadya think?

On another note, character translation is kind of a pain. Instead of a ‘ or some of the other frequently used characters, all I see in my email and on tapatalk is the character codes. (see subject lines in attached image).

And I thought that was just that way on my PC. Thanks for that clarification.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Thats a good idea, always find it confusing when that happens, I’m sure they’re good reasons but would always be good to know.

Thats a good idea, always find it confusing when that happens, I’m sure they’re good reasons but would always be good to know.

I think that would be nice – if there were like 6 standard options for deletion along with an “other” that we could check and then type out a reason for deletion I suppose… and then have it somehow notify the person who was deleted a copy of their original post along with the mod’s reason for deletion.

And not sure for what, but I did see I had 2 posts deleted, though not really sure what :\ So I can relate in wishing I knew what posts were deleted so as to not violate anything ha

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good idea in part, But not completely good enough for me. It’s too easy.

if there were like 6 standard options for deletion along with an “other” that we could check and then type out a reason for deletion I suppose… and then have it somehow notify the person who was deleted a copy of their original post along with the mod’s reason for deletion

With Sven’s idea we would at least know where it was but picking from a list of simple standard generic reasons isn’t good enough. I would still want to see the actual content of the post with a complete explanation as to why. An email or in a PM would be ok but it would have to be a 500 word minimum in essay form to be sure to convince me it’s a ‘worthy’ delete. I put a lot of time in here and in my posts and when they get deleted I think the deleter should have to work just as hard to back up his judgement call! And there should NOT be any point incentives given to the mod for deleting posts either.

As you might be able to tell my frustration level is high again as I had another post deleted yesterday, The way this is presently set up is the perfect way to kill a forum.

As you might be able to tell my frustration level is high again as I had another post deleted yesterday, The way this is presently set up is the perfect way to kill a forum.

It very well may be a glitch. I do not believe any moderators have the ability to delete right now. I know I can’t even edit somebody’s post if I wanted to.

I think it is wisest to reserve judgments until more comes in Boyd… no idea why you got deleted, sorry it is frustrating. As I said above, I did too.

John S

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

We’re working with a developer now to make a large number of changes so keep them coming!

And I’m very sorry about the deletions. Moderators currently don’t have the ability to delete posts and I haven’t deleted any for a while. Most likely it’s a site glitch. I’m going to take a look at this and see if I can find the problem. We definitely don’t want to alienate people from posting. And moderators will never be rewarded for deleting posts. Deletion will only be as necessary and will include information as to why it was and which post was deleted.

If a post was deleted please email me if you haven’t already. And if you see more deletions, just email me and try to let me know what time it occurred. This would help my investigation.

Thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding!

Aaron

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Just looked into the database log and found that 13 posts were deleted at the exact same time last night. Unfortunately our database doesn’t say where it was deleted from.

I’m going to look into this more, but just wanted to let everyone know that it was a system error. I’ll be giving the points back to those who had a post deleted.

Aaron

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Aaron,

Thank you for the explanation. I’m sure it is as frustrating for you as it is for eveyone else. We know that you are doing what you can to make the site smooth.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh the site glitches I know when those points get deleted it’s like a But with some time Aaron and team will get all smoothed out

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m so glad to hear it’s a glitch, That makes it a lot better and I’m glad Aaron is in charge. He really does take good care of us. Thanks Aaron 🙂

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I was wondering about that one, I saw a post got deleted and wasn’t really upset but was kind of wondering what was what. Glad to hear it’s solved. Thanks Aaron!

redwood
    Pro

So how do you guys know that a post was deleted? Other then remembering that you posted on a particular topic.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So how do you guys know that a post was deleted? Other then remembering that you posted on a particular topic.

You go to profile—–most resent points and look there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Like Dirty said plus when you log in it pops up on the top right for a few seconds. it’s kinda hard to see though, At least on my PC. the box is about the same color as the black background area but the ‘-200’ is in bright green font. One day not to long ago I had 4 pop up when I logged in, All at the same time for one day, Filled up the whole right side of my screen.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

So how do you guys know that a post was deleted?

I see the -200 pop up. That’s the only way I know.

Like Dirty said plus when you log in it pops up on the top right for a few seconds. it’s kinda hard to see though, At least on my PC. the box is about the same color as the black background area but the ‘-200′ is in bright green font. One day not to long ago I had 4 pop up when I logged in, All at the same time for one day, Filled up the whole right side of my screen.

And if you don’t see it on your screen or in your recent points, there isn’t a way currently to know if it has happened in the recent past to my knowledge FWIW

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Aaron; Another idea, With all the wonderful reviews we’re getting now a days on so many different items I think it would be nice to have a separate main topic category just for them, Like maybe at the top of the pages with the ‘Woodworking/Carpentry’.. ‘Electrical’..’Flooring’..’Concrete/Masonry’..’Metal’..’Plumbing’ ‘General/Remodel’. Then a list of sub-topics for each item to pick from. Unless there’s a way to get to them easy that I don’t know about it’s hard for me to find them. Thanks

@Aaron; Another idea, With all the wonderful reviews we’re getting now a days on so many different items I think it would be nice to have a separate main topic category just for them, Like maybe at the top of the pages with the ‘Woodworking/Carpentry’.. ‘Electrical’..’Flooring’..’Concrete/Masonry’..’Metal’..’Plumbing’ ‘General/Remodel’. Then a list of sub-topics for each item to pick from. Unless there’s a way to get to them easy that I don’t know about it’s hard for me to find them. Thanks

Boyd – quote him as “@ bethepro”
    Aaron – @bethepro – here is Boyd’s idea

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 730 total)
  • The topic ‘BTP Improvements’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.109 seconds