dcsimg

Brute Tough Hammer Drills

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anyone use the Brute Tough series of hammer drills? Looks like they are built to be pretty robust…heavier than the compact/tough but I kind of like that fact. When I need a hammer drill, I want one that can withstand the job. Not a ton of information out there on them. Thanks

Orange County, CA

Just bumping this one…surely someone here has this to share some insight, no? It would be replacing my Hilti 14.4…which I love. Trying to consolidate battery systems.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I wish I could help you, I have a compact tough that works so I haven’t upgraded.

Sven…has the compact tough been perfect for what you do? I imagine you drill in stucco and concrete, concrete block from time to time? It might be perfectly adequate for my needs and I like the weight better of the tough vs. Brute.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

No brute tough but I do have a makita. But after my rotary hammer from bosch I don’t think I will go back to using the reg hammer drill unless I need a cordless option

Sorry no help on your question

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

No brute tough but I do have a makita. But after my rotary hammer from bosch I don’t think I will go back to using the reg hammer drill unless I need a cordless option

Sorry no help on your question

Thanks. Good point on the rotary…I have one that is the next size up from the Bulldog and is perfect for more heavy duty…but you hit it with cordless. Maybe the compact tough is the perfect one…that combo kit looks really nice and your posts on the impact and lugs has got me wanting that driver.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I think it was Matt that did the lugs, but I know it’s a great little impact

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Yeah I’m all about using the Bulldog for when we are forming or using tapcons in brick/concrete. We also always have a power source close by at all times.

A Working Pro since 2004

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ve only used my hammer function a couple of time and it as worked well for what I need. If you have a rotary hammer, I see no reason why it wouldn’t work for you. I’ve used it so that I could put tapcon’s in brick and didn’t have any problems. Likely not as quick as a rotary, but it did fine. I to think that the strike could be a little longer though.

@mrtooljunkie – why not be one of the first here to try out the brute tough hammer drill and see if it would be sufficient for your occasional needs? The downside like you said would be the extra weight permanently in the drill even when you would probably be fine with the compact for a majority of drilling needs

John S

I sent a note off to see what the point cost would be or if it can be added. But I am liking the combo kit.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I sent a note off to see what the point cost would be or if it can be added. But I am liking the combo kit.

Just get the combo, then you will have fat packs as well. I’m not sure, but did Bosch bring out the Brute in a brushless flavor?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.359 seconds