dcsimg

Broken Glass

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author

For those that remember Broken Glass, what my son called himself on the computer a while back, this is him over the summer working on some things for extra money

Isn’t fancy, but it works for us

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Nice to see the guy getting some hands on experience, I wish I would have done some stuff like this when I was younger.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Good to see young folks with an interest developing and putting skills to use. Looks like he is earning every cent too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I was working with my dad on some projects when I was young first lesson he give me was he made me move 24 yard soil around the house for 100$ which take me with wheelbarrow 3 moths spread and level it. I told him the price to do it he laughed pretty hard and said okey. That was best lesson I got never underestimate a job. I was doing bunch of other stuff with him that made me love the trade.building stuff or doing something satisfys you. And he said to me whatever you do do it best and you’ll always have work

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have had the pleasure of working with Ed and his son on a few occasions. He is a good kid that isn’t afraid to work, is willing to listen, and wants to learn – traits that aren’t very common in a kid his age. You have a good young man there Ed.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I have had the pleasure of working with Ed and his son on a few occasions. He is a good kid that isn’t afraid to work, is willing to listen, and wants to learn – traits that aren’t very common in a kid his age. You have a good young man there Ed.

Thanks guys,

@Chadm
    , Thanks , it means a lot coming from you. I know he has learned a lot in a short time from you and that is appreciated more than I can say.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Thanks guys,

@chadm, Thanks , it means a lot coming from you. I know he has learned a lot in a short time from you and that is appreciated more than I can say.

You are quite welcome Ed. It was my pleasure actually – it was very refreshing to help teach a young man who is not only willing to learn but WANTS to learn. To top it off he has the aptitude and the patience to work with his hands; that’s something that many people twice his age do not possess.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I like the name, Broken glass. Nothing better than tossing a big pane of glass into an empty dumpster.

But, I digress…….

Nice to see someone that age who is willing to learn. I can’t think of any better teachers than Ed and Chad. One of these days, we may have to find a job about 1/2 way between all of us and work the kid with the three of us.

I like the name, Broken glass. Nothing better than tossing a big pane of glass into an empty dumpster.

But, I digress…….

Nice to see someone that age who is willing to learn. I can’t think of any better teachers than Ed and Chad. One of these days, we may have to find a job about 1/2 way between all of us and work the kid with the three of us.

@Warren6810
    ,The idea of our son working with you is beyond our dreams, I would pay his salary. With you (as Chad) he can learn some of life’s greatest lessons about how to treat people, respect, and much more. After this this and learning the proper way to work as a tradesman is the iceing on the cake.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Great seeing a young man wanting to learn and willing to work. Not all that common these days.
    And your right Warren. I can’t think of two better teachers.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Good to see. Work that boy hard and he will appreciate it one day. I know I did with my dad.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s great to see him out there and going for it!! Nothing like hands on experience.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice to see the guy getting some hands on experience, I wish I would have done some stuff like this when I was younger.

Yeah I agree nice experience. Hope he enjoyed the experience and learned a lot too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Nice to see him at a young age interested in doing these types of jobs. Hard to get kids today into liking the trades. Way to go @siberian and Broken Glass.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

For those that remember Broken Glass, what my son called himself on the computer a while back, this is him over the summer working on some things for extra money

Proud Papa for you Ed. I’ve started slowly spoon feeding help out jobs to my 12yo this summer. Yesterday he helped clear some rocks and fastened cables for for me. He picks it up quick, but he’s still more interested in computer time than doing real stuff.

he has the aptitude and the patience to work with his hands; that’s something that many people twice his age do not possess.

That’s what I’m trying to gradually instill in mine before he gets too old.

Thanks guys,

@chadm, Thanks , it means a lot coming from you. I know he has learned a lot in a short time from you and that is appreciated more than I can say.

You are quite welcome Ed. It was my pleasure actually – it was very refreshing to help teach a young man who is not only willing to learn but WANTS to learn. To top it off he has the aptitude and the patience to work with his hands; that’s something that many people twice his age do not possess.

Very well said Chad,
    And I am sure he has learned quite a bit from two seasoned pros like the both of you,

@Siberian
    great thread you started.

@RonW thanks Ron. He started going on jobs at the age of 5. I would cut out the carpets and buy mismatched paint, Sean would paint the floors so he could learn to paint with the direction of the wood, or sweep floors and things like that. He started out working an hour or 2 and his mother would come and get him. By 12 he put in a hot water tank without help except for getting the new one to the basement and taking the old one out.

@Austin
    , he appreciates it now, nice to see his face when he finishes a job, but he is still to hard on himself at times (working on that, OCD thing I guess)

@theamcguy
    , Sean is only allowed to work with a couple of guys. Heloves it, he will come down at night or even on the same job showing the work or a new way of doing something.

@58Chev
    , Thanks Frank, not sure if he will go into the trades,but he doesn’t get an allowance so he likes to work. At least he will be able to do a few things even if he doesn’t go into the trades.

@Doobie
    , I feel your pain with the computer time,lol. That has become his first love. He is codeing in several languages and when he talks to me it is like a foreign languge

@Boschmanbrian
    , Thank you, Sir

@DirtyWhiteBoy
    , man are you right. Love reading, but will never take the place of doing

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

This is great Ed. It sounds like he has the head for this type of work…hopefully he sticks with it in the future.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

He started going on jobs at the age of 5. I would cut out the carpets and buy mismatched paint, Sean would paint the floors so he could learn to paint with the direction of the wood, or sweep floors and things like that. He started out working an hour or 2 and his mother would come and get him. By 12 he put in a hot water tank without help except for getting the new one to the basement and taking the old one out.

Wow that is really great. Sounds like with all the experience he has quite a career ahead of him.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.324 seconds