dcsimg

Broke an L-Boxx

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Well, part of it. I broke one of the eye hooks on my 3D. Just so happened, that where the box was was right below where one of the gas shocks to my bed box mount. Good think I don’t stack on top of it. I’ll have to pay more attention in the future.

That stinks! Will it still clip to other boxes?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RSG
    Pro
    Niles, OH

Sorry to see that. I hate that feeling you get when something happens like this and you know it was your own fault. Looks like you will still be able to click another to it just maybe not pick up with top handle

Looks like a vulnerable spot. I wonder how many other folks may have this happen. Looks like it would have been better to design some metal into that spot.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That’s interesting, and with the testing I’ve done, it doesn’t surprise me. That’s where these boxes are going to fail in the long run.

I wonder if you could fix it with some of these new fangle glues, or if you would want to trust it if you could??

Not much holding these boxxes together is there?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Total bummer… I worry about the durability of the lboxx, I haven’t had them for long but it just seems like the layout and design puts parts like that in a vulnerable spot.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

That was one of my concerns when I was looking at the l-boxxes. The other place I feel is a weak spot is the latches.

Do the l-boxxes have any kind of warranty on them? I can’t remember…

Btw, sorry to see it. That’s kind of the same as the first scratch on a new vehicle or tool. That sinking feeling in your stomach…:-)

Do the l-boxxes have any kind of warranty on them? I can’t remember…

I think just 30 days but somebody here also mentioned one year so perhaps – which could be nice!

Sorry to hear that Sven… This might be a long-term reason the tough boxes might be better :\ But I bet you will find a way to fix it, or at least live with ways around it

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The other place I feel is a weak spot is the latches.

Lots of guys feel the same, but I couldn’t get one to brake or even show signs of stress. They can pop open, but I don’t think they’re going to brake. (I hope not)

It did take three or four drops of a 30oz hammer to do this from 4 feet. It must have been a pretty good hit to brake Sven’s.

Brad T

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Yep, that is definitely the weak spot. In working with the 3d clips that’s pretty much the spot we had to bulk up to try to get the most strength out of them. I can’t think of a good way to repair that, but I imagine it would still clip on okay like that?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’m surprised that they aren’t solid on the back side like on your clip design. Seems it would be a lot stronger (Well I KNOW it’s a lot stronger)

Brad T

I’m surprised that they aren’t solid on the back side like on your clip design. Seems it would be a lot stronger (Well I KNOW it’s a lot stronger)

patent something and let sortimo know about the upgrade you want them to make on their product 😛
    It would be interesting if Bosch/sortimo came up with a way to essentially rotate the clips 90 degrees to where they clicked into the lower box downward instead of horizontally – and could have the interlocking of l-boxxes not require any sort of exterior piece (the hooks Sven broke), but rather have it built in to the top of every box. But I am sure designers far brighter than I spent many an hour thinking over the shape and design of these boxes 🙂

John S

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Makes more sense.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dang that sucks, At least it’s on a 3D that you may not be clicking something to the top of. Have you tried to click another to it to see if it’ll still work just in case of it happening to another box that you would want to click to in the future

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I haven’t tried to click anything into the top yet, but it may work. I’ll give it a shot later.

I think that Brads idea of having a solid back has a lot of merit. I didn’t it the top of it that hard, just hard enough to close the truck box, oh well. I would hate to carry that in a stack anyways as it’s pretty stout with all the screws in it.

SamM
    Pro

Thats really crappy. I’m gonna have to take good care of my boxxes because I sure don’t want that to happen. Thank you for the warning Sven.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I was able to click a box to the top and lift the 3D up. It does work, but I think that the additional stress on that side now, at least with a heavy box would be too much for the single eyelet.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

It probably wouldn’t hurt to ask Bosch if they’d replace it even though it was your fault. Some reputable companies do that.

Example of what Waste King did: I buy Waste King disposals. They have a 5 year guarantee. A plumber told me he got something jammed in his Waste King after he had it for almost 5 years. It was his fault. But he called Waste King and they sent him out a brand new disposal. And he told them it was his fault. They said it doesn’t matter, they honor their guarantee regardless.

I hope Bosch will help you out.

Pat

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was able to click a box to the top and lift the 3D up. It does work, but I think that the additional stress on that side now, at least with a heavy box would be too much for the single eyelet.

Dang, That’s what I was afraid of. Well, In your case it’s good that it happened on a 3D I guess.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i had the same thing happen on my lboxx 4, im not losing any sleep over it mind you, i dont plan on connecting any of my smaller lboxxes to it anyway its heavy enough on its own

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.487 seconds