dcsimg

Brief Bio of a moderator

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Hey all! Here is a little bit about me: I am a happy married young man (in my 20s) attending seminary (essentially grad school) in the Twin Cities. My wife and I do not yet have any kiddos, but we find plenty to do in the meantime! Ella y yo hablamos espanol tambien – she is a Spanish teacher and I studied it in undergrad in college.

I played D1 football and soccer in college (first soccer, then switched to being a kicker) but the ‘glory days’ are gone for sure 🙂 haha. Despite not growing up using tools much, I sold tools for a high end tool company a year after I graduated from college and have been getting more and more into tools and various DIY projects. I am thankful to be a part of this site!!

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Great now I feel like I have to do one now 😉

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Yes, John L, you do.

John S, which seminary do you attend.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

John,
    Thanks for the info! You do a great job as a moderator! keep up the good work!

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John, thanks for the bio. Its great to have you as a moderator on the site to keep up in-line. Good luck in the seminary!

I feel like I need to write up a bio now…

Nice job on the Bio! Keep up the good work John, your doing a great job as a moderator.

Thanks all! I attend a small one part of Bethlehem Baptist Church called Bethlehem College and Seminary (BCS – not the football kind haha)

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t seen this thread before, Nice bio John. It’s neat to see what members are all about in their lives

Thanks Boyd – it is definitely a nice addition to the site… More people need to add their bios though!

John S

Hey all,

Just wanting to offer a friendly moderator reminder of a few things worth reading – whether you are a veteran or newbie to BTP

http://bethepro.com/bethepro-frequently-asked-questions/
    This has some helpful information worth checking out about the site… and includes links to a few other pages worth reading:

Rules – http://bethepro.com/forum-terms-of-use-rules/
    Definitely ought to re-read these! Everyone!

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/btp-tricks-and-tips/
    This is a great place to find and post tips and tricks you have with regards to navigating, using, and understanding BTP – though if you have a question it is always best to post here: http://bethepro.com/forums/forum/btp-questions/

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/reminder-about-posting-etiquitte-on-the-pro-forum/
    Read Aaron’s two updates on posting etiquette

I know it is easy to slide into sloppier posts (and am guilty myself at times), but let’s aim to keep the conversations focused on the original intent of the thread as best we can, add helpful thoughts and comments, and enjoy each other!

John S

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

That’s cool John, I’ve been talking with you for a few months and now I know who you are somewhat. :thumbsup:

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Hey John, mucho gusto conocerle! It’s nice to know you. And thanks for the inside scoop on your background. It’s really cool to get a better handle on who we’re interacting with.

Pat

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Great Bio JohnS! I never liked that schooling much and really had no time for it so I just work instead.
    Good luck on the schooling.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Great Bio JohnS! I never liked that schooling much and really had no time for it so I just work instead.<br>
    Good luck on the schooling.

Thanks Dirty… I am not unacquainted with long days these days it seems… I don’t think about it much because it feels so ‘normal’ but it definitely makes for a long ‘work week’ being a full time grad student + working part time. But I am really enjoying what I am studying, so that helps a ton!

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

What kind of work do you do part time?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Interesting Bio John and thank you for the reminders. Is there a special reason you posted the reminders under your introduction?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

John Thank you for the Bio. Very interesting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Interesting Bio John and thank you for the reminders. Is there a special reason you posted the reminders under your introduction?

haha I didn’t quite know where to put them at the time – no idea why I landed on putting them here…

my guess is that this topic was recently commented on and I thought for whatever reason it would be seen on the topic – since we didn’t go through new topics or hop around topics quite as often as we do now 🙂

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I thought he worked in a custom counter shop?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I thought he worked in a custom counter shop?

No, Dan works in a counter/cabinet shop.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Brief Bio of a moderator’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.452 seconds