dcsimg

Bridge City Toolworks DJ-2 Drilling Jig

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah…it is expensive, but gives you some capabilities that you cannot do easily with any other method. I enjoy using mine and it is super accurate. But, not for everyone.

I like the edge drilling capacity. With a bench mounted drill press this would open up much more capability. It just looks like such a quality tool that it would be worth it to get.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

One downside to the DJ-2 is that there is very little knowledge and info about the DJ-2 available online. There is a small following that has talked about their DJ-1s and its uses, but @mrtooljunkie is really the only person I know who has talked about the DJ-2 in depth from what I can find.

John S

@mrtooljunkie – should I also pull the trigger on the universal jaws or no? If I understood your initial review, it sounds like you have them. How often do you use them / what for?

John S

@supimeister – the jaws are nice for clamping different materials and angles. Since they only make them every 2-3 years you might consider ordering everything so you have it. I do not use them all the time, but I think it is a worthwhile accessory.

Orange County, CA

Doobie

One downside to the DJ-2 is that there is very little knowledge and info about the DJ-2 available online. There is a small following that has talked about their DJ-1s and its uses, but @mrtooljunkie is really the only person I know who has talked about the DJ-2 in depth from what I can find.

Things like that scare me when there is little review out there. A fifty dollar item, you take your chances. Big deal. Hundreds of dollars, it stings for a while after you finally figure out it was a mistake.

I went with a Dewalt tile saw a while back partly because I couldn’t find hardly any reviews on the Bosch although the decision was made for me when I felt I was getting a smokin’ deal on a Dewalt, I pulled the trigger.

Things like that scare me when there is little review out there. A fifty dollar item, you take your chances. Big deal. Hundreds of dollars, it stings for a while after you finally figure out it was a mistake.

I went with a Dewalt tile saw a while back partly because I couldn’t find hardly any reviews on the Bosch although the decision was made for me when I felt I was getting a smokin’ deal on a Dewalt, I pulled the trigger.

When I first saw this several years ago it was love at first sight and so I jumped on one when there were some unsold stock from the last run. I love this thing and it can do so much work in compact package. I have drilled shelf holes, holes for hardware, joinery and all kinds of stuff and it is deadly accurate and compact. Very well designed and beautiful to look at too. BCTW is not for everyone, though – either prices or the lengthy delays ordering and then waiting for your package to arrive.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

should I also pull the trigger on the universal jaws or no?

If I were you I’d definitely go for the universal jaws, the more parts the more uses.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I have drilled shelf holes,

@mrtooljunkie, would you say this replaces your need for any sort of shelf hole jig? It seems like it could almost compete, speed-wise

John S

I have drilled shelf holes,

@mrtooljunkie, would you say this replaces your need for any sort of shelf hole jig? It seems like it could almost compete, speed-wise

I have used it lots for shelf pin drilling. But, I much prefer a router and bit for that application as you can get tear-out with a drill, regardless of the bit you use – especially in sheet goods. But, yes this easily replaces any kind of drilling shelf pin jig.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.440 seconds