dcsimg

breaking down sheet goods with the Mafell MT55cc

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Author

@svensshutters it was from the UK. LawsonHIS.

I just got a 78$ bill from DHL so I am just under $600 for all three. NOT cheap but I have what I want. If I didn’t need/want the holy rail I would have bought the Mafell bag and rails.

I can tell you that even for just in the shop, the bag is super nice to store rails. I have 3×1600, 2×800, 1×1100 and all my end caps and connectors in it (it’s heavy) but nice to have everything stored away. Having the two 1600 is nice as well. A lot stiffer then connecting the two 800 and the 1100.

My plan is to use the following configurations that should cover me for breaking down any sheet goods and cabinet build without detaching any rails.

1600×2
    1600 + 800 holy rails

That is a sweet set up @ thedude306. Did you buy extra connectors for each rail too?

Orange County, CA

Yeah, I really love my TS55REQ. It’s honestly my favorite tool. I’d love to give that Mafell a whirl though! As far as the jig saws I have heard the same thing, Mafell is better but I really really really like my Carvex. I did buy the accessory kit for it and that makes the tool so much better.

The jigsaw is worth every penny. I did some video on the cut quality. Nothing compares. The only reason why I keep the Carvex around is for the circle cutter. The P1cc was my first Mafell and it is represents perfection in engineering in my opinion.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Pretty cool Brad, thanks for the information.

That’s very cool! I have yet to get the 118″ rail. No body stocks it here and am afraid to have it shipped??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@MrToolJunkie

That is a sweet set up @ thedude306. Did you buy extra connectors for each rail too?

The jigsaw is worth every penny. I did some video on the cut quality. Nothing compares. The only reason why I keep the Carvex around is for the circle cutter. The P1cc was my first Mafell and it is represents perfection in engineering in my opinion.

Yup, I’ve got a couple extra connectors. I need two more to attach everything together. I’ll pick up those on my next order from mafell. I need a couple stops as well.

You know every time you mention the perfection of the P1cc a little part of me dies inside…

🙂

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

@MrToolJunkie

Yup, I’ve got a couple extra connectors. I need two more to attach everything together. I’ll pick up those on my next order from mafell. I need a couple stops as well.

You know every time you mention the perfection of the P1cc a little part of me dies inside…

:-)

Haha…somehow I think a P1CC is going to find its way into your shop at some point in the future.

You should take a pic of all your rails connected end-to-end – you could cut the length of a bar or something.

Orange County, CA

You guys and your damn Mafell…lol! I did have a brain fart after reading through this thread and realized instead of keeping my homemade rail connectors in my track case I could store them in my tracks too.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

You guys and your damn Mafell…lol! I did have a brain fart after reading through this thread and realized instead of keeping my homemade rail connectors in my track case I could store them in my tracks too.

It also helps keep the end of the cord from getting sucked into the groove on Festool’s track.

Orange County, CA

It also helps keep the end of the cord from getting sucked into the groove on Festool’s track.

I didn’t think of that Scot. Good call!!

Andrew

Wow. I didn’t even think of that! Such a freakin’ simple idea!!!!!

Exactly…it’s a Homer Simpson “Doh” moment. The other plus for me is the allen screws don’t get lost now that I snug the connector up in the rail.

Andrew

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

hehehe

you festoolers are funny…

(hides behind the couch)

🙂 🙂 😉 😛

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

hehehe

you festoolers are funny…

(hides behind the couch)

:-) :-) ;-) :-P

Who you callin funny?? Lol! its the little things in life that bring me joy 🙂

Andrew

Sometimes the little things are the best things…

Orange County, CA

woodman_412

That is a great idea! I’ll have to try that later with my rails and it would be one less thing in my tracksaw l-boxx.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.530 seconds