dcsimg

breaking down sheet goods with the Mafell MT55cc

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Yes @ChadM their track are identical for accessory use. I actually use the Dewalt track clamps on my Festool rails.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWS5026-TrackSaw-Track-Clamps/dp/B001J31PJM

Those clamps look like they have a skinny enough foot to work on the Mafell tracks. I really like the bosch quick clamps I got with the OFA kit.

No idea on the use of festool stuff on the makita track. I would trust OA though 🙂

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

woodman_412

I was thinking about getting one of the Festool dust hose guides for the end of my Makita track since the tracks are compatible. Have you guys found that it’s a helpful accessory?

Dan

danpattison.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Oh snap. Look what just got delivered. I didn’t get a notice on shipping or anything, just a nice surprise. just under 5 bill CAD landed to my door. Not cheap but I am SO glad I got the bag and the holy rail. All three are 1600mm

I think I have enough rails….

Untitled by thedude306[/url], on Flickr

Brad T

Oh snap. Look what just got delivered. I didn’t get a notice on shipping or anything, just a nice surprise. just under 5 bill CAD landed to my door. Not cheap but I am SO glad I got the bag and the holy rail. All three are 1600mm

I think I have enough rails….

Untitled by thedude306[/url], on Flickr

What saw or router can be used with them .

Always willing to learn .

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

the mafell MT55cc and the KSS400 saws and the Bosch FSN OFA router guide.

very happy with them. The rail system is actually a BIG reason I went with the Mafell saws.

Brad T

Sweet @thedude306 ! Awesome. Looking good, I love my holey rail!

So Brad are those Bosch made by Mafell? I know we had this discussion a while ago about not being able to use Festool on the rails

the mafell MT55cc and the KSS400 saws and the Bosch FSN OFA router guide.

very happy with them. The rail system is actually a BIG reason I went with the Mafell saws.

That’s nice you can use cross brands .

Always willing to learn .

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

So Brad are those Bosch made by Mafell? I know we had this discussion a while ago about not being able to use Festool on the rails

My understanding is that Bosch makes them for Mafell.

@chrisk1970

Correct. You can use the mafell on the festool, but not the other way around.

Brad T

Thanks @thedude306 ! I am a little bummed out by this.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@chrisk1970

It just means you should buy a mafell saw 😉

That festool will grab top dollar.

Brad T

@thedude306 I am thinking THAT might not be a box to open right now! I have really been looking over their jigsaw though. Gotta start somewhere!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

oh, the jiggy is sweet. You should see the cuts Mr. ToolJunkie does with it. It’s beautiful. But the price tag…. ouch.

I do know that it’s doing things I wouldn’t even attempt with my bosch and I think he’ll tell you that it outperforms the carvex as well.

It’s on my wish list, along with a the KSS300 and the big KSS80 but that JS will come first.

Brad T

Sweet tracks Brad! If I had a large enough job to justify it I would sell the Festool and get the Mafell. Just for the power upgrade and scoring feature. But I don’t so I won’t…lol.

I really can’t complain about My TS55. It does everything I need it to. I do like the connectors on your rails!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Yeah, I really love my TS55REQ. It’s honestly my favorite tool. I’d love to give that Mafell a whirl though! As far as the jig saws I have heard the same thing, Mafell is better but I really really really like my Carvex. I did buy the accessory kit for it and that makes the tool so much better.

choadjmd@aol.com
    Pro
    New Cumberland, PA

Very nice set up

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

@thedude306 Where did you end up getting the other rails from? Was it the UK?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@svensshutters it was from the UK. LawsonHIS.

I just got a 78$ bill from DHL so I am just under $600 for all three. NOT cheap but I have what I want. If I didn’t need/want the holy rail I would have bought the Mafell bag and rails.

I can tell you that even for just in the shop, the bag is super nice to store rails. I have 3×1600, 2×800, 1×1100 and all my end caps and connectors in it (it’s heavy) but nice to have everything stored away. Having the two 1600 is nice as well. A lot stiffer then connecting the two 800 and the 1100.

My plan is to use the following configurations that should cover me for breaking down any sheet goods and cabinet build without detaching any rails.

1600×2
    1600 + 800 holy rails

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Pretty cool Brad, thanks for the information.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

That’s good to know that the bag will hold that many rails.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.566 seconds