dcsimg

breaking down sheet goods with the Mafell MT55cc

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Great video Brad! I like the sound of that saw, very nice. I really have to jump on this track saw bandwagon.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Awesome setup!

These are not even close to the festool rails for attaching. They are perfect every time and VERY easy to attach. After swapping them back and forth a dozen times today, I would say that they are a HUGE selling point of the mafell saw.

So they’re Mafell connectors on Bosch tracks? I’m confused..

--Steve

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The mafell and Bosch tracks are the same. Mafell makes the tracks for bosch so they are interchangeable.

I have both.

Mafell also makes the Bosch track saw that is NAINA

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

overanalyze wrote:
    So I assume it’s 1600mm…why not one long enough for sheet goods without any connector?
    Easy to store/transport. These are not even close to the festool rails for attaching. They are perfect every time and VERY easy to attach. After swapping them back and forth a dozen times today, I would say that they are a HUGE selling point of the mafell saw.

That sure sounds like a selling point for anyone in need of combining rails. The festool rails are a bit of a pain, but if you needed it, the $100 betterley accessory would help fix that issue a little bit (at least in terms of straightness).

Still, I am loving this thread so far – great to see all the Bosch goodness in the mix with this sweet new track saw!

John S

That Mafell saw sure looks nice . Sound of the saw in video sounds well built . Also love you work station.

Always willing to learn .

The mafell and Bosch tracks are the same. Mafell makes the tracks for bosch so they are interchangeable.

I have both.

Mafell also makes the Bosch track saw that is NAINA

Wow!! I never knew that….that is huge! I wonder if that has more to do with it being Naina vs UL. Maybe Mafell has rights in the US…??

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

staker
    Pro

That sure is a nice set up. I have never seen a track saw in person. I use a straight and measure what side of the blade is the cut line messed up a few times. I will have to look into the bosch track, thanks for the video.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you for the video Brad. Makes me want that track saw even more.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

My biggest surprise is how accurate the saw is. Well the tracks I guess? You can split a pencil line EVERY TIME. It SO nice.

and it rides the rail perfectly.

Brad T

My biggest surprise is how accurate the saw is. Well the tracks I guess? You can split a pencil line EVERY TIME. It SO nice.

and it rides the rail perfectly.

Brad, Brad, Brad… statements like this make me a jealous man 🙁 lol

That is really impressive to hear. And you are splitting the pencil line just by lining up the tracks right next to the line I assume?

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is a really nice set up . I wish I had a lot more space .

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@supimeister Well it depends on the pencil I use.

Are you not happy with your festool??

Brad T

Anonymous
    Inactive

And a short video

Ohhh man what a sweet set-up, the video says it all. I would sooo like to have a track saw, Even if I wouldn’t use it very often. It’s just one of those tools that nothing else can do. Congrats Brad, I’m happy for ya

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Thanks Dabby. And you’re right Mark, that set up was a long time coming for me. I am really happy I waited.

Brad T

I would like to run a Mafell and or a Bosch to see how it feels compares to my TS55. I have no complaints with the TS55 at all.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Very glad your set up to make table saw quality cuts anywhere you may need em.

Brad, Brad, Brad… statements like this make me a jealous man 🙁 lol

Why you have a world class track saw???

@supimeister Well it depends on the pencil I use.

Are you not happy with your festool??

Yea aren’t you happy with the fessy??? Sent it this way, we’ll do a trade.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Brad, is that saw compatible with the Festool tracks? I’m thinking of selling my ts55 and buying that saw. I want more power for composite.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I just don’t want to have to buy all new track.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It does work on the festool tracks. There is an insert that you remove. I’ll get a picture of it for you.

@Calidecks64

BUT, I think you should look at the KSS line of saws for deck work. The KSS400 I have is a better balanced, more suited for dimensional lumber saw. I’ll try and get a video of it for you. It doesn’t fit on the festool tracks though.

I know it’s a PITA but I would sell the festool track, and go for a KSS400 (or a really kick ass KSS80 if you need the big cutting depth)

The nice thing is you won’t lose much on the festool stuff, it goes for almost new prices in the used market.

Brad T

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I can hardly wait till you are closer. I want to see that setup in action.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.832 seconds