dcsimg

Brazilian cherry question

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author

I went to a local flooring store today to price some brazilian cherry. I am planning to start my upstairs. The store did not have any and the guy proceeded to tell me that they only harvest this would about every 3 years. This didn’t sound quite right but I am not sure. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Never herd that one before. I’d say he was feeding you a line of BS.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

staker
    Pro

I think you should check with other supliers

That is not true. Maybe he meant to say that they only get it every 3 years. I have 4-5 different suppliers in my area that have it.

Orange County, CA

Supplier has to order it . Doesn’t keep it in stock . Last Time I purchased Brazilian cherry floor for a living room and diningroom in wasn’t stock . Wish I could find those install pictures .

Always willing to learn .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

same here. brazilian cherry is a special order item. my cousin just had african walnut installed at their place and it was a 15 week wait

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

@fishguy3 hope you are able to find a supplier near you that has it – it would be really fun to see how the new floors look!

John S

KenW
    Pro

Wow.. 15 week wait on lumber. Slow boat to Africa.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

He’s full of it. Jatoba isn’t a threatened species. Lumber Liquidators probably has a million feet of it just sitting around.

I would never buy from LL by the way. I was just making a point.

Thank you for all the feedback.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Maybe they only harvest it every 3 years from a specific forest…some kind of rotation harvesting possibly. It’s common to harvest a given percentage of a forest every year. Obviously, the wood is growing elsewhere, so it’s definitely available beyond right now…you won’t have to wait 3 years if you miss out on what hey have. Total BS…just trying to make a sale.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have always been able to get it within a few weeks. I think he is full of bull. Iw really like the colors of Brazilian cherry. Just be careful with rugs and furniture placement.

monman1
    Pro

Never herd that one before, if it’s true.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Never heard of that, but it really doesn’t matter with all the suppliers out there you should be able to find someone who has it.

sergey061478
    Blocked

try a different supplier instead. in my area there are at least four suppliers that that have it in stock all year round.

I went to a local flooring store today to price some brazilian cherry. I am planning to start my upstairs. The store did not have any and the guy proceeded to tell me that they only harvest this would about every 3 years. This didn’t sound quite right but I am not sure. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

He is feeding you BS, just making an excuse for why he doesn’t have any in a hope to not lose your business. Just go buy it from another supplier. Be careful with anything you put in the room, the floor will change color drastically from a light color to a much darker brown over time since it is cherry. Anything you put over the freshly finished floor will leave much lighter colored wood spots when you move the furniture if you ever rearrange the room or sell the house.

Brazalian cherry is gorgeous.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I have always been able to get it within a few weeks. I think he is full of bull. Iw really like the colors of Brazilian cherry. Just be careful with rugs and furniture placement.

well since the old thread was brought up, please expand on being careful with furniture and rug placement

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

well since the old thread was brought up, please expand on being careful with furniture and rug placement

I missed that before…does the floor fade?

Brazalian cherry is gorgeous.

@yotaman78

Please look at the age of a thread before you comment.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I missed that before…does the floor fade?

Sunlight causes cherry wood to darken. Very noticeable if you remove a rug or move furniture.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.459 seconds