dcsimg

Brad nailer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

As the topic name suggests, I’m interested in a new brad nailer. Been looking on my own for a while. As a rule of thumb, I generally try to get my gear from Makita, Dewalt, or Craftsman cause I always had good experiences with these brands and let’s face it, they’re among the 3 best out there anyway. However, a Hitachi cordless nailer really caught my eye https://popular.reviews/cordless-brad-nailer/#1_Hitachi_NT1850DE
    While the stats and specs make me want to get it, I’m a bit hesitant because of the asking price. I initially set out to get one for less than $200, this nailer would exceed my budget a bit. Nonetheless, I’m willing to pay the sum if I don’t find another tool similar to it but cheaper (preferably still make by a leading brand, too). Some suggestions would be highly appreciated, or at least input for this Hitachi if any of you have experience with it.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Cordless or pneumatic?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have heard good reviews of the Hitachi cordless nailer. I have not used it myself but I have used other Hitachi cordless tools and they were well made.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I can’t see myself working without an 18 gauge Dewalt brad nailer. Cordless of course. Way more than $200 CAD assuming the OP is in Canada. And not a spammer.

Based on reviews, I went with the cordless DeWalt also. Good tool.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get into another battery platform , I was already using some Ryobi batteries for the yard equipment and a glue gun , so I figured for 88 dollars bare tool , how bad could it be , I’ll tell you , after using it for a few little projects , I’m very pleased with it , that and it’s had pretty good reviews , definitely not high end quality , but really impressed so far.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I heard only good things about Ryobi brad nailer but I already had dewalt batteries so that was a major factor in my decision.

I heard only good things about Ryobi brad nailer but I already had dewalt batteries so that was a major factor in my decision.

Thanks , good to know , I heard from a few other guys one had a friend in finish carpentry who’s been using one for 3 years and no issues , another guy works for a home builder near me and bought one to use daily for fast repair never had any issues either after 2 years.

I’ve heard people have had great experience with the DeWalt , even the first generation Ni-cad model still working good.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Yeah, 2 years of use, more than 30.000 ( 30 thousands ) finishing nails used and no problems so far ( knock on wood). I’d say 3 to 5 times misfired/jammed.

Yeah, 2 years of use, more than 30.000 ( 30 thousands ) finishing nails used and no problems so far ( knock on wood). I’d say 3 to 5 times misfired/jammed.

Yeah that’s good impressive performance , I was looking at the DeWalt , because it’s known for good performance ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.350 seconds