dcsimg

Bosch/Skil split?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I must have missed any thread on this, but Skil was sold last August. Dunno how this would affect Skil tools in the future. Knowing Bosch was behind Skil made buying it more appealing, but on the other hand the new parent company also makes Ego cordless yard tool which are one of the best on the market, so I guess that’s a good sign.

Anybody knows what’s the behind the scene deal?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@jzmtl

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/chevron-acquires-skil/

Well Skilsaw is coming big with new tools.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

So the acquisition is for both Skil (the homeowner grade stuff) and Skilsaw (was it ever a separate brand?)? I was actually interested in the new skilsaw table saw, guess I’ll have to rethink that.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have been demoing the concrete saw. I have been very impressed.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I believe Skil Power Tools also went over to Chervon Ltd.

Do you mean the new new one which recently got released to the public?
    The SPT99-11 with 30″ ripping capacity, rack & pinion fence etc

https://www.skilsaw.com/product-details?product=SPT99-11

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I believe Skil Power Tools also went over to Chervon Ltd.

Do you mean the new new one which recently got released to the public?
    The SPT99-11 with 30″ ripping capacity, rack & pinion fence etc

https://www.skilsaw.com/product-details?product=SPT99-11

Either that or the compact one, could never decide which one would work best for me.

With what I’ve seen coming out from skil since they left Bosch . I’m super happy it almost seems Bosch kept them from putting out new products .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Now that skill is a full chinese company I’m done with them… I’ll stick to Ridgid for my chinese company of choice. I have 5 made in America Skil Saw That were made before Bosch shut down the plants and job and subbed it out to china.

Since I already have (and am really really happy with) the Ego line of lawn equipment, and since Chervon owns Ego, I can’t help but figure that maybe Skilsaw is in a good place.

And they can manufacture wherever they want. They just happen to be chinese owned now. Good stuff can be made in china as well as anyone else – its a question of what the company commissioning the work is willing to pay

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have had the opportunity to try out a couple of the new tools released by Skilsaw since their acquisition by Chervon…I have to say that it looks like they are serious about Skilsaw producing pro-quality tools.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

skil defiinitely seems to be all over the place with who some of their tools are marketed too.. the wormdrive saws are definitely geared towards pros… but the blades and other accesorires just seem cheap

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Bosch got what it wanted from skil and can now make a worm drive just as good under their own name. Short of that skil brand is not even on the radar of kids in the trades these days. Heck too many of them are being trained on the sidewinder “bleh” and with the wormdrive being the main thing they had going for them it was a good time to sell

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I have had the opportunity to try out a couple of the new tools released by Skilsaw since their acquisition by Chervon…I have to say that it looks like they are serious about Skilsaw producing pro-quality tools.

I’m really pleased to hear they are living up to their words around the acquisition.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

To me it’s just a case of another chinese company with an old great american name. Same reason I will never buy Milwaukee. It has nothing to do with the quality of the tool. It has to do with…………………………..

Awesome we looked forward to seeing you reviews of your use on them .

skil defiinitely seems to be all over the place with who some of their tools are marketed too.. the wormdrive saws are definitely geared towards pros… but the blades and other accesorires just seem cheap

I looking forward to seeing there new sawzall on display . I would like to feel it’s ergonomics

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I looking forward to seeing there new sawzall on display . I would like to feel it’s ergonomics

Are you planning on purchasing it? I heared the price should be around $99. Fairly reasonable in my opinion.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

If I’m not mistaken, didn’t you get the Skil fiber cement saw Chad? How is that? While I have a CMT fiber cement blade which I’ve been using the last month on my Hardie clad shed build, I’ve often wondered about that Skil unit. How’s the dust collection?

@chadm

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

This was interesting on the Mag 77

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

With what I’ve seen coming out from skil since they left Bosch . I’m super happy it almost seems Bosch kept them from putting out new products .

i agree. its seems like they have taken ryobi’s and ridgids approach to releasing new and innovative gear.

Are you planning on purchasing it? I heared the price should be around $99. Fairly reasonable in my opinion.

If I can kill my Milwaukee corded I will surely try it out .

i agree. its seems like they have taken ryobi’s and ridgids approach to releasing new and innovative gear.

It’s today’s market you have to push new products or you will die as a company .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.528 seconds