dcsimg

Bosch WOC 2019 – World of Concrete.

This topic contains 65 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Miamicuse 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Yes, I see these vacs in use all day every day and there’s lot of dust. Keeping them cleaned out with a good filter on them is key.

Dust will kill a vac motor in a short amount of time. Cleaning the filter will be key to getting a long life from the vac. Silica dust is a fine abrasive.

The self cleaning is a must too otherwise the fine silica just cakes onto the filter or the inner walls of a bag and kills the suction.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The hollow bits are great, we have a few. The showed that they have them down to 3/8″ which is the smallest on the market. I can’t wait till they can figure it out to get to 3/16″ That would be a game changer for us as we install a lot of Concrete Screws.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

The hollow bits are great, we have a few. The showed that they have them down to 3/8″ which is the smallest on the market. I can’t wait till they can figure it out to get to 3/16″ That would be a game changer for us as we install a lot of Concrete Screws.

3/8. That’s fairly small for that type of bits
    I would be impressed if they could get them made in 3/16. Do you find they have a tendency to get clogged up at times.
    I imagine that the bigger ones don’t really get clogged.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Do the hollow bit work equally well when it’s drilling through lumber where the dust collection is going to be a combination of sawdust and mixed with some shreds?

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Do the hollow bit work equally well when it’s drilling through lumber where the dust collection is going to be a combination of sawdust and mixed with some shreds?

I don’t think they are for wood, just for concrete drilling Sami.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I don’t think they are for wood, just for concrete drilling Sami.

You have to drill through wood to get to the concrete. If you mount a pressure treated 2×10 board on a concrete wall, using concrete anchors or screws, you will be using that tool to drill through the wood then to the concrete behind it. You are not going to put the wood on the ground, drill holes through the wood on the ground with another drill, then raise the wood to the concrete, mark the spots on the concrete, then put the wood back down, then drill into the concrete. You will be using that tool to go through both.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.249 seconds