dcsimg

Bosch WOC 2019 – World of Concrete.

This topic contains 65 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Miamicuse 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Don’t think anybody has started a 2019 WOC thread yet, so here goes.

I saw this link that Bosch has someone posted on another forum….

https://bosch-activities.com/bosch-woc-live/?campaign_source=newsletter&campaign_medium=email&campaign_id=20190123WOC

Seems Bosch is offering free tatoos this year, but I’m not sure if they are temporary tats or real ones. There’s an Instagram link on that page where there is a pic of a Tatoo, but I’m getting a security risk message that my Instagram account may be compromised, so I’m not gonna dig into anything further there. The error message I’m getting says that someone recently has tried logging into my Instagram account, which I never use anyways, from Moscow. Anybody else getting that?

Anybody here going to this year’s WOC? Not certain, but I think at @madman_us said he was on his way there a few days ago but we haven’t heard from him since. I think someone said that Brittany was supposed to be there also.

Check out the video at the top of the page, it has some band singing with a guy that sounds like Springsteen and the front facade of the stage riser is emblazoned with the new Bosch tool nicknames they announced they are releasing this upcoming year. Here’s the earlier release announcement from another thread on the new tools being released.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/more/news-and-extras/specials/product-announcements/?campaign_source=newsletter&campaign_medium=email&campaign_id=20190122WOC&spMailingID=58290617&spUserID=Mzg4MjgzODA2MTIS1&spJobID=1562820950&spReportId=MTU2MjgyMDk1MAS2

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Seems Bosch is offering free tatoos this year, but I’m not sure if they are temporary tats or real ones.

They are real; done by well known artists and IMO just a brilliant piece of marketing. The objective in spending the kind of money required to do a show of this kind is to get the message out, capture as much of the show-goer’s attention as you can and leave him (or her) with a lasting impression. On the IG videos I see huge crowds around the Bosch booth and big smiles on the faces of those sporting brand new tats.

Kudos to the Bosch team for pulling this off!

It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all traces of doubt.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@doobie you have an IG account ?
    Yes Alex is down at the show. I’ve been following it. Looks like a great place to be.

I wouldn’t mind going down one day.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

doobie you have an IG account ?

I do. I just never use it. Don’t even know my credentials to log in. I tried getting on there once and just got quickly confused and gave up. Never really bothered to want to go thru its learning curve.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Road trip! I have just added a visit to the WOC to my bucket list.

It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all traces of doubt.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Road trip! I have just added a visit to the WOC to my bucket list.

I’m in Peter 👍 let’s get Jim to be on board with us.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The objective in spending the kind of money required to do a show of this kind is to get the message out, capture as much of the show-goer’s attention as you can and leave him (or her) with a lasting impression.

Well it will be a lasting impression, that’s for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Think anyone is getting a Bosch dishwasher tatted on his beer belly?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have saw some of it on IG. Looks like great time.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

LOL How about a wiper blade?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I have been surprised by how many people are getting Bosch tattoos! And some of them have been pretty big too – I love me some Bosch, but I don’t think I’m ready to get that permanently on my body…yet, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

LMAO!! and …. where would the BullDog be tattoo on???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Must of been a heck of a block party Bosch had at WOC. Bosch really went all out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Must of been a heck of a block party Bosch had WOC. Bosch really went all out.

Definitely did , I’ve been following up on IG also looks like a great event.
    I saw an overall view looked huge.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

With Bosch so big into drilling, cutting and breaking concrete, they really go all out for World Of Concrete. Their exhibit at the International Building Show is a lot more focused on appliances than tools, but they do have a few tools there.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

canadian carpenter got a huge bulldog tattoo on his side but not for bosch.. his bulldog bailey had to be put down a week ago due to cancer.. its a tribute.. bailey was awesome.. i talk to him daily.. he would send me videos of her

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

With Bosch so big into drilling, cutting and breaking concrete, they really go all out for World Of Concrete.

It has always surprised me that Bosch uses WOC to announce their new tools being released for the year. Both DeWalt and Milwaukee use their own events to announce their new tools. I don’t know about Makita.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

With Bosch so big into drilling, cutting and breaking concrete, they really go all out for World Of Concrete.

It has always surprised me that Bosch uses WOC to announce their new tools being released for the year. Both DeWalt and Milwaukee use their own events to announce their new tools. I don’t know about Makita.

Compare the sales volumes of those 3 manufacturers and the reason will become clear. As Kurt mentioned, Bosch also has a large niche market in drilling and breaking concrete.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

canadian carpenter got a huge bulldog tattoo on his side but not for bosch.. his bulldog bailey had to be put down a week ago due to cancer.. its a tribute.. bailey was awesome.. i talk to him daily.. he would send me videos of her

Yup definitely a nice tat , and terribly sad to loose our furry friends ,
    Dog’s or pet’s give us unconditional love

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

As Kurt mentioned, Bosch also has a large niche market in drilling and breaking concrete.

I recall reading some years ago they were the largest player in the concrete accessories market in the world. Makes sense why they go all-out at WOC.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.908 seconds