dcsimg

Bosch Variable Speed Palm Router Kit-Colt Router-PR20EVSK

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But just FYI it does fit quite nicely in an L-1 🙂 I forget where the pic is that I posted, but I have mine housed in an L1 with the accessories and a box for bits. It would be far more size-effective to not have it foamed, but it is a good setup.

Right I believe all tools fit in the L-Boxxes and have the trays it ‘s just some ship not in the L-Boxx system.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man now that someone has mentioned more than one small router to save on bit changing I want another one.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Man now that someone has mentioned more than one small router to save on bit changing I want another one.

I know the feeling. I need to get a colt in my hands.

DirtyWhiteBoy wrote:

They are great little routers. Remember they take 1/4 inch bits only though. Get 2 as mentioned, one for your favorite roundover bit and another to swap bits.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s amazing how fast changing bits gets old. I also fin it hard to get EXACTLY the same profile after I set it up and do the first cut.

You can never have too many routers. I have the plunge kit and ex on its way. Coming by dog sled it would appear.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It’s amazing how fast changing bits gets old. I also fin it hard to get EXACTLY the same profile after I set it up and do the first cut.

You can never have too many routers. I have the plunge kit and ex on its way. Coming by dog sled it would appear.

You’re right about that! If I did more routing I would have to get more. I do need to get a colt though.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’d like at least 2 maybe 3 colts.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

My plunge kit shows up tomorrow. I’ve been holding off on getting my own colt. I am using my bros. I hope this fall they release a new version of the colt.

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

My plunge kit shows up tomorrow. I’ve been holding off on getting my own colt. I am using my bros. I hope this fall they release a new version of the colt.

With your suggested upgrades? Have you heard something?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

No. I am just hoping for the best all the other routers have had an upgrade and the colt is lagging behind on features. It’s a solid router but i am not in a rush for one yet.

Brad T

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Isn’t that why we all have more then one drill? I guess multiple routers are next.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yup exactly.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Ya, it’s the same. I now have three cordless drills and three impact drivers. It often when they are all out on the bench being used.

I know have 5 routers in the shop. Another colt would perfect.

Brad T

Love the discussion guys. I wish I could just drag and drop it for you, but try to continue the thoughts on using multiples of one tool on this thread: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/multiples-of-the-same-tool/page/4/

That way this thread can stay focused specifically on the Colt (and its review)

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Plunge base showed up today. I don’t have it’s big brother in hand but it looks/feels like an exact replica except for the trigger switch. It’s going to be very nice with the DC. It is wide, but very workable. Should be a nice fit on the FSN OFA as well

Pics to follow if they ever upload.

Brad T

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Another colt would perfect.

They are a nice unit. I have used a buddies doing laminate work.

They also seem to be popular for small CNC units.
    I have had an old craftsman with an 1/8 RO bit for years.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

but try to continue the thoughts on using multiples of one tool on this thread:

I thought we were talking about having multiple Colt’s. I’m officially lost now.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I thought we were talking about having multiple Colt’s. I’m officially lost now.

Ya I don’t get it. I went back and read everyone’s post and they went from having multiples but it all came back to the colt.????

Is my plunge kit discussion ok here? WTF are the rules? Mods need to be able to split topics if it’s an issue. If you’re just going to derail a thread by saying get back on topic when we are on topic (tools) what’s the point.? I have never seen a post asking to stay on topic on any other forum. It gets old on BTP. (Shrug).

Brad T

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Ya I don’t get it. I went back and read everyone’s post and they went from having multiples but it all came back to the colt.????

Is my plunge kit discussion ok here? WTF are the rules? Mods need to be able to split topics if it’s an issue. If you’re just going to derail a thread by saying get back on topic when we are on topic (tools) what’s the point.? I have never seen a post asking to stay on topic on any other forum. It gets old on BTP. (Shrug).

I’m with you @thedude306. Seems like a whole lot of Shoe fits until it is on the other foot.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

i am really wanting the installers kit

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.337 seconds