dcsimg

Bosch Variable Speed Palm Router Kit-Colt Router-PR20EVSK

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Just got it yesterday! Love it! Was using it to spiffy up the edges of ripped fence boards.

Feels great in my hand, easy to use. The adjustment mechanism is nice. I like that it has an arbor lock so you can put a bit in with one wrench. It seems you need two to take it out. But still a nice tool.

I hate to say it, but Kirk was right… if you are adjusting it in unlocked and not using the dial, it does need a litte tightening to avoid slippage. But that was just 2 seconds with a wrench, no big deal at all.

I didn’t use the guide, but I’ll see where I can use it.

Thanks, BTP and Bosch! I love my new palm router!!!!!!!

Carpenter-Hockey Fan-Cheap Beer Connoisseur

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s a pretty good little router. I am liking the plunge base that is available for it and the dust collection option.

It should serve you really well. I grab the one I have in the shop often.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Oh! Forgot I had some pics!!

Very cool Brutus! I am wanting to add this to my arsenal, but I am hoping an update is coming soon to add some led lighting and dust collection. Will you get the plunge base for it? It looks like the perfect size for simple edging details.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Very cool Brutus! I am wanting to add this to my arsenal, but I am hoping an update is coming soon to add some led lighting and dust collection. Will you get the plunge base for it? It looks like the perfect size for simple edging details.

The Festool MFK 700 is a nice looking router. πŸ˜‰

The Festool MFK 700 is a nice looking router. ;)

Hey hey hey…this is a Bosch colt thread! Keep your filthy thoughts of Festool out of here πŸ˜‰

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

The Festool MFK 700 is a nice looking router. ;)

Hey hey hey…this is a Bosch colt thread! Keep your filthy thoughts of Festool out of here ;)

Sorry… I’m on a Festool high right now… haha. Let’s just say I’ll be popping over to the tool buying thread to post up a new purchase come Tuesday I believe. It’s a pretty sweet one too……. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Although the Palm router is a VERY tempting tool purchase. Looks like a great router to have. I even have enough points for one…

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like the small routers. Does it have a light on it? I use mine a lot more than I thought I would.
    Oh also does it come in a L-Boxx?

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Seriously contemplating that little router. I like the idea of it being small and quick to ease an edge or something like that.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I like the small routers. Does it have a light on it? I use mine a lot more than I thought I would.
    Oh also does it come in a L-Boxx?

No light on mine but that would be a great addition.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks to be a very nice tool. Glad you guys like them. I have looked at them in the store.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Agree on that one. With LED technology where it is at, it should be included on this tool.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Agree on that one. With LED technology where it is at, it should be included on this tool.

I think that is only a matter of time. I think those little routers are great for doing round overs. Nice little tool.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

its definitely a nice little router. i own it along with a makita thats near 10 years old now i think. its still in use but the plastic components in the depth adjust are why i have the colt as my primary profiling router.. the makita is dedicated to hinge mortising.. the colt is for style and profile

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Congrats on the new toy. This place is great to get the insights on different tools.

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

No light or L-boxx, just a regular case

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Congrats Brutus! I haven’t used mine yet, but I’m going to hook it up to my pantograph. It’s a nice little router. I love the size and how it feels in the hand.

Pat

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Congrats on the new router!

Bert

No light or L-boxx, just a regular case

But just FYI it does fit quite nicely in an L-1 πŸ™‚ I forget where the pic is that I posted, but I have mine housed in an L1 with the accessories and a box for bits. It would be far more size-effective to not have it foamed, but it is a good setup.

The colt is a great router – I am glad to hear you like it Brutus!

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No light??? Wow I can’t believe it..

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.376 seconds