dcsimg

Bosch VAC120 BN 12V Cordless Vacuum

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 313 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Here’s the long awaited video review of the VAC120BN!

Dan

danpattison.com

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I received this recently using my points. I have to say I’m pretty happy with it. It fits in my Tstak drawers, which I’m pretty happy about. I keep the ½ gallon DeWalt vac in the van, but it looks like for smaller jobs, this will work pretty well and eliminate yet one more thing I have to carry in with me.

Today for example, I had a small job in a children’s hospital. Nothing big – had to install a couple of signs on drywall with wall anchors. It actually worked pretty well – I held the vacuum in my left hand with the crevice nozzle attached and rested the drill bit on the nozzle to help me place it where I needed to drill. Once the bit was in place, I lowered the vac a little, turned it on and drilled my hole. Rinse and repeat. Worked great, no drywall dust on the floor, vac is super light and plenty strong enough for that type of stuff. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Resident Sign Guy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I received this recently using my points. I have to say I’m pretty happy with it.

Also nice is with the tray you can put it in the L-Boxx and take it to the job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I received this recently using my points. I have to say I’m pretty happy with it. It fits in my Tstak drawers, which I’m pretty happy about. I keep the ½ gallon DeWalt vac in the van, but it looks like for smaller jobs, this will work pretty well and eliminate yet one more thing I have to carry in with me.

Today for example, I had a small job in a children’s hospital. Nothing big – had to install a couple of signs on drywall with wall anchors. It actually worked pretty well – I held the vacuum in my left hand with the crevice nozzle attached and rested the drill bit on the nozzle to help me place it where I needed to drill. Once the bit was in place, I lowered the vac a little, turned it on and drilled my hole. Rinse and repeat. Worked great, no drywall dust on the floor, vac is super light and plenty strong enough for that type of stuff. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Good use for the little vacuum,
    I find it is great for fast clean ups, I’m actually surprised with the battery runtime with the 2.0 battery packs, I did not think it would be as good.
    Still will pick up a 4.0 ah eventually.
    It’s nice that you also save on the amount of room and boxes you have to carry around, good stuff

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Very nice review form the DP shop… great job.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Boschmanbrian when you get the 12v 4a i’d like to see if there is a difference in sucking power

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

there isn’t a noticeable difference.

This is a dust buster over a vac IMO. It’s not going to pick up wood chips or the gravel in your truck floor mats.

It’s great for dry wall dust, crumbs in drawers, and fine saw dust.

I wouldn’t be without it but a powerhouse it is not. It’s small, uses my battery system, the wife likes it around the house and I use it when I drill the occasional hole in a wall. Hoping to see if the 18V version is better.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

This is a dust buster over a vac IMO. It’s not going to pick up wood chips or the gravel in your truck floor mats.

I wouldn’t be without it but a powerhouse it is not. It’s small, uses my battery system, the wife likes it around the house and I use it when I drill the occasional hole in a wall. Hoping to see if the 18V version is better.

ahh gotcha, I originally was wondering if it would pick up the strips of wood that came off my hand plane.

when is the 18v hand vac coming to North America?

edit: apparently it is and already in Canada as well.

Doobie

That’s what I was figuring it was. Limited use, but nonetheless useful. I should get one, I just never see it for sale in a store.

when is the 18v hand vac coming to North America?

edit: apparently it is and already in Canada as well.

Do you have a link? I’d like to check that over.

I shelved the unit I have. Very disappointed in it. I will save it for very small projects where a small amount of fine dust needs to be picked up.

Doobie

I shelved the unit I have. Very disappointed in it. I will save it for very small projects where a small amount of fine dust needs to be picked up.

What were you hoping it would do that it fell short on?

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I can see this as great for punch list work but not much more for me anyway. I would like to see a smaller 18 canister style with a bit more usefulness myself

I would have thought the on/off switch would have been placed better. It is at the top of the unit. I am constantly turning it off just by holding the unit. From an operating perspective, it does not have much suck and the filter bogs down quite quick.

Doobie

I would have thought the on/off switch would have been placed better. It is at the top of the unit. I am constantly turning it off just by holding the unit. From an operating perspective, it does not have much suck and the filter bogs down quite quick.

Thanks Lon. I’m glad I haven’t gotten one yet. Gonna wait til an 18V model becomes available.

Yes about the trigger, it’s still a great little vacuum, but as you mentioned for punch list stuff. I think I will dedicate it to the house, but it definitely beats pulling out the shop vac for quick small spills.

Gonna wait til an 18V model becomes available.

For as much as I am thrilled with my 12v tools from Bosch and Milwaukee, I think the 18v platform is much better suited for a vacuum. Totally agree with your thinking Doobie.

Doobie

The criteria I consider important is whether it can pick up granular waste like smallish broken drywall or bits of electrical scraps when working on outlet retrofits and such. I’ve never gotten confirmation in my mind that it’s very capable at that kind of waste.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

For as much as I am thrilled with my 12v tools from Bosch and Milwaukee, I think the 18v platform is much better suited for a vacuum. Totally agree with your thinking Doobie.

You can purchase the 18V vacuum on amazon.com -> BOSCH GAS18V-LI

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

You can purchase the 18V vacuum on amazon.com -> BOSCH GAS18V-LI

R-Ice pointed that out not long ago on A.ca. Thought it was little overpriced. I’ll wait til they are available thru a bosch retailer as a normal NA item.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The 18V style vacuum is great for doing the floor in the shop. I have the 18V style in the Makita line and I am amazed at what it picks up. I’ll sweep the floor with a broom and then run the vacuum over it and it will fill up the container in no time. They really are great at getting the floor clean. Hopefully Bosch will bring the 18V version to NA soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 313 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.690 seconds