dcsimg

Bosch VAC090S Dust Extractor Video Review

Tagged: 

This topic contains 135 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Montreal_Medic 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Author

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Thanks for all the great information, I’m just getting caught up reading through the last couple of pages. The inside pics were very helpful as well.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Here is vac090s combination with rh540m dust attachment home made and duct taped

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

RyanF
    Pro

@woodman_412 or anyone else that has one.

Can you confirm whether there’s some sort of suction control on the end of the hose? Bosch touts variable suction on the Auto model only, but ive seen references elsewhere to it being at the end of the hose on both.

Just parted with my Festool and im going to pick one up next week. I dont want the Auto model, but variable suction is a dealbreaker. Thanks.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Can you confirm whether there’s some sort of suction control on the end of the hose? Bosch touts variable suction on the Auto model only, but ive seen references elsewhere to it being at the end of the hose on both.

@ryanf
    Every Bosch dust extractor hose has the power tool adapter at the end (Nozzle – VX120).
    The nozzle has an air regulating slider, so you can control the amount of air flow entering the nozzle for applications that require reduced airflow (on the Semi and Auto models)

the auto model has an extra feature -> the Power Broker Dial.
    This feature is more designed for when you run a tool, which is plugged in the dust extractor, and you keep tripping the breaker.
    You can reduce the power which goes to the tool with this dial.
    But it also allows suction control for specialty applications.

So you end up with two benefits, less stress on the breaker and suction control.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro

I dont want the Auto model, but variable suction is a dealbreaker.

Meaning you want variable suction, right?

Just parted with my Festool and im going to pick one up next week.

So does that mean you’re getting another Festool?

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@ryanE soft end connection has a red ring if you turn that you can adjust the air suction. Auto model has a speed dial. You can use more power dependable on ur needs 090s runs full power at all times so when you using sanders full suction can make ur sander stuck on the sheet.so there is a air release on it

RyanF
    Pro

@ryanf
    Every Bosch dust extractor hose has the power tool adapter at the end (Nozzle – VX120).
    The nozzle has an air regulating slider, so you can control the amount of air flow entering the nozzle for applications that require reduced airflow (on the Semi and Auto models)

This feature is more designed for when you run a tool, which is plugged in the dust extractor, and you keep tripping the breaker.

So you end up with two benefits, less stress on the breaker and suction control.

Thanks a lot. I am aware of the power broker feature. I dont see using that feature to allocate power among tools out of necessity. Now, as far as its ability to intentionally reduce suction for sanding, thats different. That’s all i would want it for.

I guess the question is, does the suction lever on the end of the hose work as well as reducing power to the motor? I dont see why it couldnt.

@doobie yeah, meaning i cant be without it; and no, i meant im picking up a Bosch next week. Waiting for the CPO Presidents Day sale.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here is vac090s combination with rh540m dust attachment home made and duct taped

Great video, thanks.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@ryanE soft end connection has a red ring if you turn that you can adjust the air suction.

Also works great for vacuuming carpet when you don’t want to suck the carpet up just the dirt.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@masterbosch cool idea, I’m sure it’s much better than not having the vacuum.
    You really have given this thread some great information,
    I am really interested in getting one of them now, just have to figure out the model I think I will go for the bigger 14 gallon
    What do you guys suggest though, auto, or semi auto

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am really interested in getting one of them now, just have to figure out the model I think I will go for the bigger 14 gallon

I would suggest the 14 gallon auto, while the semi auto is a nice feature if you run hepa filters through it, really I don’t find it necessary for what I do. I think I would’ve liked to have gotten the 14 gallon with better handle and looks like the front casters might be nicer and the auto would help in heavy dust situations.

woodman_412

woodman_412 or anyone else that has one.

Just parted with my Festool and im going to pick one up next week. I dont want the Auto model, but variable suction is a dealbreaker. Thanks.

Looks like your question has already been answered. I have the semi auto model and find that the suction control sleeve on the end of the hose works well for times when I need to dial back the suction power a bit. I couldn’t be happier with my Bosch extractor, I couldn’t work without it now.

Dan

danpattison.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

ryanf

@madman_us,
    Thanks for the explanation, I wasn’t aware that Bosch had an attachment for the end of the hose to adjust the suction. I can see that coming in handy at times.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie
    Pro

I wasn’t aware that Bosch had an attachment for the end of the hose to adjust the suction. I can see that coming in handy at times.

As Dan pointed out also, it is needed to have that control at times, but to me it should be an inherent controllable variable speed motor that does this and not just a relief hole gizmo on the semi model. This is the one reason I wouldn’t want the semi is because of the lack of a variable speed suction motor. And the reason I wouldn’t want to auto model is because of having to toggle off the auto clean function which is set to activate by default. I’m just so used to my Festool vacs, I think either of these vacs would drive me nuts the way that Bosch has configured them.

RyanF
    Pro

I wasn’t aware that Bosch had an attachment for the end of the hose to adjust the suction. I can see that coming in handy at times.

As Dan pointed out also, it is needed to have that control at times, but to me it should be an inherent controllable variable speed motor that does this and not just a relief hole gizmo on the semi model. This is the one reason I wouldn’t want the semi is because of the lack of a variable speed suction motor. And the reason I wouldn’t want to auto model is because of having to toggle off the auto clean function which is set to activate by default. I’m just so used to my Festool vacs, I think either of these vacs would drive me nuts the way that Bosch has configured them.

Exactly where I am with it. And it is annoying that one has to figure out compromises as opposed to just added features.

Unless youre dealing with drywall or concrete dust AND not using bags (which i never do), i dont know why youd need a filter cleaning itself every 15 seconds. And i dont want to turn a feature off every time i use something. The Festool 36 vs 36AC makes a lot more sense.

The choice comes down to paying $50 more for a feature i dont want bc it has a separate feature i do want, or hoping that the way the incorporated feature i want (variable suction) will be as effective as it is on the way it’s incorporated on the other model. Maybe im a pain in the ass, but that seems like an odd process for a deciding consumer.

That said, by all accounts Dan does a lot of wood/sanding applications and says the slider on the hose works well to dial in the suction, so im going to trust his opinion.

Im going with the Semi.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I would suggest the 14 gallon auto, while the semi auto is a nice feature if you run hepa filters through it, really I don’t find it necessary for what I do. I think I would’ve liked to have gotten the 14 gallon with better handle and looks like the front casters might be nicer and the auto would help in heavy dust situations.

Thanks Aaron, I will definitely be following this thread, and asking more questions later in the year if I ever get around to picking a vacuum up.
    But yeah that 14 gallon is the most likely one.

Doobie
    Pro

Exactly where I am with it. And it is annoying that one has to figure out compromises as opposed to just added features.

Unless youre dealing with drywall or concrete dust AND not using bags (which i never do), i dont know why youd need a filter cleaning itself every 15 seconds. And i dont want to turn a feature off every time i use something. The Festool 36 vs 36AC makes a lot more sense.

I did know that I wanted to use the CT36AC for drywall and concrete dust also, so that is why I got it. They have plastic liner insert bags which make it easy to empty our the contents.

I also bought the HEPA filter for it and the self cleaning bags and just set the autoclean function not to activate as the Hepa filter is not intended to be used on autoclean. I get the best of both worlds.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks for the explanation, I wasn’t aware that Bosch had an attachment for the end of the hose to adjust the suction. I can see that coming in handy at times.

Your welcome 😛
    Every hose comes with the power tool nozzle/adapter. can be taken off to use different ones like a crevice nozzle or others from bosch.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@boschmanbrian Def 14 gallon has more volume but any inside bag comes 9 gallon so if you using filter bag most likely ur bag is gonna rip when you have some stuff inside the vacuum. First time ever I had a paper bag explode inside the canister while I was using it. I heard the motor releasing some pressure and start sounding more smooth since concrete dust is so fine. It clogged up the paperback cause it to rip. So on the 14 gallon version you’ll definitely have more of those bag pops. Since filter has more room to move around.

Doobie
    Pro

@boschmanbrian Def 14 gallon has more volume but any inside bag comes 9 gallon so if you using filter bag most likely ur bag is gonna rip when you have some stuff inside the vacuum. First time ever I had a paper bag explode inside the canister while I was using it. I heard the motor releasing some pressure and start sounding more smooth since concrete dust is so fine. It clogged up the paperback cause it to rip. So on the 14 gallon version you’ll definitely have more of those bag pops. Since filter has more room to move around.

Am I understanding this correctly that they do not make a proper sized bag for the 14 gal models and if one wants to use a bag in their 14 gal unit they can only use a 9 gallon bag?

EDIT: According to the very informed Alex, they do make 14gal bags according to his recent post in the Let’s Talk Bosch Dust Extractor thread here….

That’s the list of Bosch dust extractor bags: (prices are old now, USD)

Bosch VB000P Disposable Plastic Bag for VAC090 or VAC140 Dust Extractor
    Includes 10 Plastic Bags.
    $32,99

———————

Bosch VB090 Paper Filter Bag for use with VAC090 Dust Extractor, 9-Gallon
    Includes 5 paper bags
    $22,14

Bosch VB090F Fleece Filter Bag for use with VAC090 Dust Extractor, 9-Gallon
    Includes 5 fleece bags
    $38,91

Bosch VB090R Reusable Fleece Filter Bag for use with VAC090 Dust Extractor, 9-Gallon
    looks like only 1 bag
    $57,99

———————

Bosch VB140 Paper Filter Bag for use with VAC140 Dust Extractor, 14-Gallon
    includes 5 Paper Bags
    $26,74

Bosch VB140F Fleece Filter Bag for use with VAC140 Dust Extractor, 14-Gallon
    includes 5 Fleece Bags
    $58,49

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.627 seconds