dcsimg

Bosch VAC090S Dust Extractor Video Review

Tagged: 

This topic contains 135 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Montreal_Medic 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 136 total)
  • Author

Hi @masterbosch that one picture with the controller board look pretty dirty . Have you had any electric problems with it .

Always willing to learn .

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

No electric problems @skillman didnt have no problem at all on the vacuum but 3 year is a long time after all that concrete and drywall dust. But now it looks and works like new

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@madman_us no its the main unit. i didnt see any other fan also from the diagram looks like it is the main fan i guess it turns very high rpm. @jponto07 i see the inside from the vent hole where unit sucks the outside air there was lot of dust there so i guessed inside will be more dusty. I am suprise how much stuff actually gets in to the machine even from the main filter

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Here is more pic 5 screw sepates the vactop

@masterbosch,
    Was it generating heat? Is that why you took it a part to see what was going on?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

No electric problems @skillman didnt have no problem at all on the vacuum but 3 year is a long time after all that concrete and drywall dust. But now it looks and works like new

hmm is this something we should do every so often. I didn’t realize that much dust gets in there. I assume this will void warranty.

woodman_412

Thanks for all the pics of the inside of the vac. It’s nice to know what’s inside of my dust extractor. There’s a good amount of electronics in there, more than I thought there was. Nice job on the clean up too.

Dan

danpattison.com

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@58chev it wasn’t heating up crazy but it was heating up after long uses. I just opened it cuz i knew inside was dirty cuz of the outside air vents but I was suprise. Dust was everywere. @r-ice I belive it shouldn’t avoid warranty cuz you not moving any inside parts just the cover. If you start taking the bottom housing then it will probibly. But in 1 year you wouldn’t need to clean the inside mine is 3 years old i changed 3 main filter by now and 25 paper bags alone with couple wet bags so I used it alot on fine dust. @woodman_412 thank you yeah it has some electronics and that fan is tiny 🙂

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Wow, that’s a great idea, and good pictures to show what we can, and can’t see,
    I guess it boils down to typical tool maintenance,
    Any tools with a motor has to pull air in to cool it down while operating, just like how we sometimes used the air gun to blow out the tools.
    Good job,
    Did you have to add any lubrication or grease anywhere? @masterbosch

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@boschmanbrian yeah maintenance for any tool applies. I didnt even think about lubricating anything i over looked that. I guess i could of but maybe next time since its so easy to open

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@boschmanbrian yeah maintenance for any tool applies. I didnt even think about lubricating anything i over looked that. I guess i could of but maybe next time since its so easy to open

Yes but maybe you don’t have to, could also be a bad thing if the wrong grease or oil is used, it could actually attract dust and or dirt, I was more curious if they mentioned that in the manual.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I never even read the manual. @boschmanbrian i just.look at the machine and start taking screws out. Use my common sense and pure gut feeling. I take electronics apart since i was 7 years old i had a remote comtrolled car with fake lights that wasnt lighting up i put lights in the housing since then i like playing with electronics

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I never even read the manual. @boschmanbrian i just.look at the machine and start taking screws out. Use my common sense and pure gut feeling. I take electronics apart since i was 7 years old i had a remote comtrolled car with fake lights that wasnt lighting up i put lights in the housing since then i like playing with electronics

You kinda remind me of myself lol I was always pulling stuff apart to see how it works,
    Good job.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Nice review! To be clear, the auto clean isn’t necessary if you’re using a bag? Thx

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@calidecks64 yes if you are using bag you don’t have to use the filter clean Cuz when I even empty out bags that are full with fine dust and bunch of other stuff.even after all that main filter doesn’t even have one bit dust on it. Bag catches all the dust before gets to the main filter

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@calidecks64 yes if you are using bag you don’t have to use the filter clean Cuz when I even empty out bags that are full with fine dust and bunch of other stuff.even after all that main filter doesn’t even have one bit dust on it. Bag catches all the dust before gets to the main filter

Hmm I might have to start using bags, i didn’t know it would affect the filter like that. Last time I hooked up the vac90s to my planner and i had to periodically take it all apart to clean out the filter.

Hmm I might have to start using bags, i didn’t know it would affect the filter like that. Last time I hooked up the vac90s to my planner and i had to periodically take it all apart to clean out the filter.

Im still confused by the bag options – paper, plastic, and fleece. Which would I use if I wamt to dump sawdust easily and protect the filter? Basically retire the dust deputy ?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Im still confused by the bag options – paper, plastic, and fleece.

I am too. Need some advice and part numbers. I believe the fleece bag is only fits the 9 gal model though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Im still confused by the bag options – paper, plastic, and fleece.

I am too. Need some advice and part numbers. I believe the fleece bag is only fits the 9 gal model though.

I know I posted the bags somewhere but I can’t remember where exactly so I posted it up in the general dust extractor talk because some members already have talked about some bags in there.
    ->>> https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-dust-extractor-lets-talk/page/28/#post-608301

Im still confused by the bag options – paper, plastic, and fleece. Which would I use if I wamt to dump sawdust easily and protect the filter? Basically retire the dust deputy ?

My guess would be this product: Bosch VB090R Reusable Fleece Filter Bag for use with VAC090 Dust Extractor

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@montreal_medic for saw dust I will use the resuable filter bag so you can empty it out. I will use paper bag for general dust fine dust like drywall concrete etc. Then there is wetbags they are the one you take of the mainfilter and just use the wet bag inside the canister. Then there is plastic bags for the inside of the canister so canister doesn’t get dirty I’ll post pics up later

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.565 seconds