dcsimg

Bosch VAC090S Dust Extractor Video Review

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Great video/ review Dan woodman_412. Liked and Subscribed!
    Thanks for the advice with the Power Tool Hose Adapter. I will get some when I gonna have my dust extractor. I had no clue that the extractor is so quiet compare to other units or your shop vac.
    You should have mentioned not to use the Filter Cleaning Feature while using a HEPA Filter 😛
    Hope to see more videos.

Thanks Alex! It definitely is quite a bit quieter than the shop vac. The thing that makes the most noise on the Bosch I find is the sound of the air rushing through the end of the hose. That seems to be louder than the vac itself. That’s a good point about the filter cleaning and HEPA filter. I never really think about that too much since I don’t use the filter cleaning mode with the bag installed anyway like I mentioned in the video.

Does it come with any paper work about being a certified EPA vacuum . Love your tool review video .

Thanks William. No it doesn’t come with any certification paperwork. It would be nice if it did though just to have all the details.

Dan

danpattison.com

They should have a plate on side of unit stateing what certification it has for easy understanding when in my come up in and epa inspection .

Personally I won’t do any Lead work . I got the certification years back I I just never renewaled . To much paper work and legal problems could come up from some sue happy client or neighbor .

Always willing to learn .

woodman_412

They should have a plate on side of unit stateing what certification it has for easy understanding when in my come up in and epa inspection .

Personally I won’t do any Lead work . I got the certification years back I I just never renewaled . To much paper work and legal problems could come up from some sue happy client or neighbor .

Yeah a proper certification marking on it would be great. I don’t do any lead work either but my main concern with the HEPA rating was capturing all of the fine dust especially when working in someone’s home.

Dan

danpattison.com

Yeah a proper certification marking on it would be great. I don’t do any lead work either but my main concern with the HEPA rating was capturing all of the fine dust especially when working in someone’s home.

I love that too . I ran Hepa filters on my Rigid shop vac for years . Until i bought a CT Midi and I was blown away with the dust control .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I love that too . I ran Hepa filters on my Rigid shop vac for years . Until i bought a CT Midi and I was blown away with the dust control .

same here, i bought a few of the cleanable hepa filters for the rigid but the problem with them was the fact that nothing else about the system was hepa rated. So we just ended up putting a high end part on a dollar store toy lol. It ended up clogging 1/3 of the way of cleaning up my shop till i put the dust deputy on it and it lasted through a whole project.

One thing i really liked about the rigid hepa filters is what you can do to clean them, run them through water and you are good to go again. I wonder what you can do to clean up the bosch filters?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks Alex! It definitely is quite a bit quieter than the shop vac. The thing that makes the most noise on the Bosch I find is the sound of the air rushing through the end of the hose.

That is really good to know. Thinking of ordering one of these soon and really want a quieter vac.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

One thing i really liked about the rigid hepa filters is what you can do to clean them, run them through water and you are good to go again. I wonder what you can do to clean up the bosch filters?

So far I’ve just been using compressed air to blow the dust off the Bosch filters. Like I mentioned though if you use the bags in the vac the filters really don’t get very dirty.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

So far I’ve just been using compressed air to blow the dust off the Bosch filters. Like I mentioned though if you use the bags in the vac the filters really don’t get very dirty.

Next time I am downtown at atlas tools I’ll have to buy a few bags to try out. I don’t believe I can get any closer to me. I would rather replace bags vs filters.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dan are the bags disposable or washable?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

I’m not Dan, but they have disposable paper and fleece, as well as reusable. I’m not sure if that means washable or not.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

Next time I am downtown at atlas tools I’ll have to buy a few bags to try out. I don’t believe I can get any closer to me. I would rather replace bags vs filters.

I’ve bought all my bags on amazon and if you watch them you can get a pretty good price once in awhile.

Mark covered what bags are available. The reusable fleece bag would probably be hand washable but I’m not sure. It didn’t really come with any info or instructions. I usually just give mine a good shake outside after I dump it and that gets it pretty clean.

Dan

danpattison.com

I’m not sure why you guys are using the reusable bags . Dont you factor the bags into a jobs cost . I do with my festool midi bags .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve bought all my bags on amazon and if you watch them you can get a pretty good price once in awhile.

Mark covered what bags are available. The reusable fleece bag would probably be hand washable but I’m not sure. It didn’t really come with any info or instructions. I usually just give mine a good shake outside after I dump it and that gets it pretty clean.

even amazon Canadian? usually we get hosed for that sort of stuff on amazon.ca i was just looking for something there and it cost 9.99 for the product and 28 bucks for shipping. i noped outta there quite fast.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mark, Thank you for the update on the bags. Think I will use the disposable paper bags. One and done change it move on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Here is inside of the vac090s

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Looks like a bit of dust still gets caught around the outside of the unit .

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

agreed – quite dusty.
    never thought the fan would be that tiny.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

agreed – quite dusty.
    never thought the fan would be that tiny.

No kidding…Much smaller than I expected based on the level of suction.

@masterbosch
    , what prompted you to take the vac apart?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

No kidding…Much smaller than I expected based on the level of suction.

Is that the fan which creates the suction or just for motor cooling?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.569 seconds