dcsimg

Bosch VAC090S Dust Extractor Video Review

Tagged: 

This topic contains 135 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Montreal_Medic 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 136 total)
  • Author

Nice review and video. I subscribed.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@woodman_412, wow Dan, you put together a very informative video and review, I wasn’t looking to upgrade my old shop vac, but after watching your review, made me think twice,
    Thanks for sharing this great video review, excellent, I could see you in the future wearing a Bosch shirt doing more reviews 😉

woodman_412

Thanks guys, glad that you found the video helpful!

Fleece bag is useless don’t waste ur money. buy a paper or wetmaterial bag. I had the reusablebag for like 3 months empty it 5 times it has multiple holes give ur self less headache and get one time use ones in bulk I had 25 paper bag and 25 wet still have some left

What do you suck up with your vac? I’ve had my fleece bag for a year and bought it at the same time as the vac and haven’t had any issues with mine so far.

Dan

danpattison.com

I have had mine (9 Gal auto) for a few months and I love it, I do have a dust deputy hooked up to it, and I use my larger DC for the larger tools, so I have not found collection bags to be an issue. Maybe I need to make more dust 🙂

Will

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I have had mine (9 Gal auto) for a few months and I love it, I do have a dust deputy hooked up to it, and I use my larger DC for the larger tools, so I have not found collection bags to be an issue. Maybe I need to make more dust :)

i did the same thing, i have my dust deputy hooked up as well and the larger dust collector for table saw and grinder. While I have used it on the planer and it works like charm, i am planing on using it for my sanders.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks for a great review Dan. It really spelled some things out for me.

woodman_412

I have had mine (9 Gal auto) for a few months and I love it, I do have a dust deputy hooked up to it, and I use my larger DC for the larger tools, so I have not found collection bags to be an issue. Maybe I need to make more dust :)

Did you do anything special to deal with the static from the Dust Deputy William?

Dan

danpattison.com

No, not yet, I have not had too much static discharge, so I have resigned that to “when I get around to it”, but I am very much interested in others experiences and solutions in order to inform my own solution, whenever it happens.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s a small one. It would have been nice to see the vac hooked up to a sander and doing some over head work while using dark safety glasses on. Then taking the glasses off to show that there was no dust on them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Here’s a small one. It would have been nice to see the vac hooked up to a sander and doing some over head work while using dark safety glasses on. Then taking the glasses off to show that there was no dust on them.

And be wearing a tuxedo also.

woodman_412

lol now that would make for a good video. I don’t own a tux but I do have a suit…haven’t worn it since my wedding day. I guess I might as well break it out to wear in the shop while sanding 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was making a serious post.. It was not intended to be a joke.. By sanding over head with a dust extractor hooked up and after over a hour of sanding taking off my sunglasses to see no dust and I was sold.

Dirty

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Thanks guys, glad that you found the video helpful!

Fleece bag is useless don’t waste ur money. buy a paper or wetmaterial bag. I had the reusablebag for like 3 months empty it 5 times it has multiple holes give ur self less headache and get one time use ones in bulk I had 25 paper bag and 25 wet still have some left

What do you suck up with your vac? I’ve had my fleece bag for a year and bought it at the same time as the vac and haven’t had any issues with mine so far.

Either something wet or a bunch of nails….those bags are supposed to be pretty sturdy.

I was making a serious post.. It was not intended to be a joke.. By sanding over head with a dust extractor hooked up and after over a hour of sanding taking off my sunglasses to see no dust and I was sold.

I hear you DWB. While it might seem like a sander collects a fair amount of dust, the safety glasses are really the true test. Mine always seem to have a film on them after using pretty much any tool. A quality extractor is a must IMO and next up on my redemption list.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

I know. You know why I thought of the tux because I saw a demo years ago of a Festool sander where the rep was demoing it wearing a tux. If you are going to see dust on something, it’s a tux.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s a great test Dirty. Which one of your sanders past that one?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous

@58chev no I don’t bump my tools to anywere it depends how much u care about ur tool soon as I’m done with the tool goes back in the box vacummed or air blowed also it has couple scratch but not deep I just used armorall on it to make it shine that’s all I have a room in my house just for tools 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a great test Dirty. Which one of your sanders past that one?

That was the festool DTS 400EQ with the festool mindi vac.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That was the festool DTS 400EQ with the festool mindi vac.

I do not have any Festool tools but keep hearing good things about them. A sander with good dust control sure would be welcome in the shop.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Great video/ review Dan @woodman_412. Liked and Subscribed!
    Thanks for the advice with the Power Tool Hose Adapter. I will get some when I gonna have my dust extractor. I had no clue that the extractor is so quiet compare to other units or your shop vac.
    You should have mentioned not to use the Filter Cleaning Feature while using a HEPA Filter 😛
    Hope to see more videos.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Does it come with any paper work about being a certified EPA vacuum . Love your tool review video .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.470 seconds