dcsimg

Bosch VAC090S Dust Extractor Video Review

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

Thanks for the information Dan, you may have just swayed me towards the 9 gallon vac. How much do those fleece bags cost?

Thanks for the information Dan, you may have just swayed me towards the 9 gallon vac. How much do those fleece bags cost?

The reusable bags usually sit somewhere in the $70 to $80 range Kyle. From my experience with it so far I’ve found its well worth it.

I’m assuming I got the same bags and it was $40 for 5.

Oh, just checked, mine are not the reusable type, unless you want to shake them out through the hole.

A single reusable fleece bag on Amazon.US is $58.

They also have paper bags. 5 for $20

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

The reusable bags usually sit somewhere in the $70 to $80 range Kyle. From my experience with it so far I’ve found its well worth it.

I’m assuming I got the same bags and it was $40 for 5.

Oh, just checked, mine are not the reusable type, unless you want to shake them out through the hole.

A single reusable fleece bag on Amazon.US is $58.

They also have paper bags. 5 for $20

I do have a package of the disposable fleece bags for doing jobs that I don’t want to put something into my reusable bag. We use the disposable bags at the IWK shop in the new extractor since there isn’t anywhere to go shake a reusable bag out. Disposable are definitely more convenient but I think you pay more over the long run.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

Do the reusable bags have a zippired opening of sorts to empty them out?

woodman_412

It’s sort of similar to a ziplock type deal Kevin except that it has a plastic piece that slides along the ribbed plastic closure faces to clamp and hold the back of the bag shut. You have to make sure that the ribbed faces of the closure pieces are facing out otherwise the clamp won’t grip properly and the bag will come undone and make a mess…I know that from experience.

Dan

danpattison.com

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Thanks for the great review.

redwood
    Pro

Does anyone know the distinct advantage the fleece disposable bags have over the paper ones, that are much cheaper? The description on Amazon is almost identical.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Well done review. Very thorough in scope. Definitely a good extractor. @woodman_412, do you have a Festool extractor in your past to compare it to?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

RW you put the ridgid vac in that hole and suck out the bag that way. Just like you do with the festool bags.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

woodman_412

Does anyone know the distinct advantage the fleece disposable bags have over the paper ones, that are much cheaper? The description on Amazon is almost identical.

@thedude306 would be the best guy to comment on that since he has used both but I think the fleece bags are more durable. They actually look too well made to just throw away in my opinion.

Well done review. Very thorough in scope. Definitely a good extractor. woodman_412, do you have a Festool extractor in your past to compare it to?

Thanks Lon. I have used a Festool vac briefly in a shop that I worked in but not enough to really have too many thoughts on it. The Bosch was a no brainer for me since I have so much Bosch gear and everything set up in L-boxxes so it all integrates plus it has more suction power.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

It’s sort of similar to a ziplock type deal Kevin except that it has a plastic piece that slides along the ribbed plastic closure faces to clamp and hold the back of the bag shut. You have to make sure that the ribbed faces of the closure pieces are facing out otherwise the clamp won’t grip properly and the bag will come undone and make a mess…I know that from experience.

Interesting. And for how long are they rated to last? The equivalent of how many disposibles or have you yet have to toss one of the reusables and can say how much it lasted for yourself? Is there anything that shouldn’t be collected with it as recommended by Bosch?

woodman_412

Interesting. And for how long are they rated to last? The equivalent of how many disposibles or have you yet have to toss one of the reusables and can say how much it lasted for yourself? Is there anything that shouldn’t be collected with it as recommended by Bosch?

I haven’t seen any kind of durability rating on the reusable bag Kevin. So far there are no signs of it deteriorating at all and I’m still on my first one so I can’t comment on how long it lasts before it has to be tossed. I don’t think there is anything that isn’t recommended to be collected with it as long as it is dry material but if I’m working on site and I’m cleaning up something like pet hair or something that I wouldn’t want to have to deal with in my reusable bag then I’ll use a disposable and charge it to the job.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

Thanks Dan. I have Festool vacs and their reusable bag costs are nuts compared to the Bosch ones. I think the Festool ones are rated for a few hundred uses though, but I’ve come to prefer just dumping disposable bags anyways.

When I first started with my first vac, I would suck out the disposables into my DC. After the first few, I just couldn’t be bothered any more. They’re a bit of a process to do so via its small inlet hole especially if you let the bag fill up to a brick level of fill.

But should I get a Bosch vac, will definitely consider getting refillables for it which I didn’t even know they offered til yesterday.

Excellent review Dan. You are very thorough. Thanks.

I wast thinking about the 12 gallon but that 9 looks awesome.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Great review Dan , that really is a impressive dust extractor . I know the hepa filter really makes a huge difference too.

I like the availability of the reusable fleece bag! I am guilty of shaking out my midi bags through the little hole. They work fine for a few empties and since they aren’t cheap I feel better when I get a couple fill ups out of them.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

I like the availability of the reusable fleece bag! I am guilty of shaking out my midi bags through the little hole. They work fine for a few empties and since they aren’t cheap I feel better when I get a couple fill ups out of them.

I do that as well.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

I Had Mine For 2 Years Still Looks Like Brand new 🙂 Best Vacuum You Can Ever Own

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am guilty of shaking out my midi bags through the little hole.

Andrew, Thank you planning on getting one one these and saving on the bags in good to know.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fleece bag is useless don’t waste ur money. buy a paper or wetmaterial bag. I had the reusablebag for like 3 months empty it 5 times it has multiple holes give ur self less headache and get one time use ones in bulk I had 25 paper bag and 25 wet still have some left

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I Had Mine For 2 Years Still Looks Like Brand new 🙂 Best Vacuum You Can Ever Own

Looks a little too clean for a two year old Vac. Don’t even see a scratch on it. I guess it never even gets bumped around, at all?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.910 seconds