dcsimg

Bosch VAC090S Dust Extractor Video Review

Tagged: 

This topic contains 135 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Montreal_Medic 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)
  • Author

woodman_412

Hey guys, I just finished my video review of the Bosch VAC090S and got it posted. Let me know what you think. If you like it and want to stay up to date with more videos as I post them to my channel don’t forget to subscribe.

Dan

danpattison.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Great review Dan.
    Left you a comment and am already a subscriber. 🙂

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie
    Pro

Great video Dan!

I didn’t realize how the trigger at the tool end of the hose to activate the auto filter clean function protrudes like that. Do you thin k that it is prone to getting busted or that it tends to get snagged on things?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Great review Dan! What is the largest tool this will work with in your opinion? A table saw maybe?

Btw, I’m not buying that you’ve owned that vac for a year….it’s WAY too clean!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

That is a great video review Dan! I really want to get one now.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

woodman_412

Great review Dan.
    Left you a comment and am already a subscriber. :)

Thanks Frank!

Great video Dan!

I didn’t realize how the trigger at the tool end of the hose to activate the auto filter clean function protrudes like that. Do you thin k that it is prone to getting busted or that it tends to get snagged on things?

Thanks Kevin! I don’t really have any concerns about the button getting broken but since I don’t use the filter cleaning option(since the fleece bag does a great job of keeping the filter clean) I don’t bother having that section of the hose attached. It unclips just like the power tool adapter end does.

Great review Dan! What is the largest tool this will work with in your opinion? A table saw maybe?

Thanks Jon! lol I really have had it for a year. I did vacuum it off before I did my review so it was nice and clean for the video.

The largest tool I’ve used it with is my DeWalt portable table saw and it did a great job with that. I wouldn’t use it with my stationary table saw thought just because with a bigger saw you really need a 4″ dust collector.

That is a great video review Dan! I really want to get one now.

Thanks Chad! It’s great having it on the prize list now to be able to get one that way too. I bought mine and I’m really glad I got it.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im with jponto07. cabinet guys get to keep their way too clean lol. i think the only clean tools i have are my routers

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Fantastic full review Dan!! I really appreciate the detail you went into with operation and filter location, etc. I didn’t realize the filter clean activation was on the hose end…that seems like a really nice way to activate that feature. @150 cfm that thing is a beast! Can’t wait to get one of these to compare it to my midi.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

Very nice job Dan. I think that you should add that it does not come with dust bags or the tool attachments.

I have to say though, In the little time I have had my Bosch, I think that the Festool models seem to be a little more refined. That may change as I get more used to it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nice review Dan. Makes me want one now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m calling it the best review to date,, the video really makes it captivating. Man Dan you look very young..?? Makes me feel old and ugly now…

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Kamster
    Pro

That was a really great review. Thank you. I’ve now got that Bosch on my list of tools to look at.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i have the same one and i love it, it worked keeping up with my planer so there is that. I doubt i’d want to keep it on all day, rather have a dust collector take up the bulk of it, i’d rather use this for hand tools like sanders and jig saws

Doobie
    Pro

Makes me feel old and ugly now…

We are Dirty…we are! 🙁

🍻

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Man Dan you look very young..?? Makes me feel old and ugly now…

I thought the same thing. He is young, that’s for sure.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Awesome review Dan, thanks. I definitely hit the subscribe button. Are there any major differences between this and the 14 gal version besides size?

woodman_412

Thanks guys! I’m glad that you all found it helpful.

Very nice job Dan. I think that you should add that it does not come with dust bags or the tool attachments.

Thanks Mark! I had thought about doing a section on what’s included with the vac but I was also trying to keep the video from getting too long. I think it’s a fine line between having every possible detail in there that a few select people will want to watch the whole thing and keeping it brief enough that the majority of people will watch it. I can add details like that in the comments on the video too.

I’m calling it the best review to date,, the video really makes it captivating. Man Dan you look very young..?? Makes me feel old and ugly now…

Thanks Dirty! I tried to keep the video moving along as much as possible so that nothing got too drawn out or boring. I wanted to include things like how the filter comes out and what things look like inside since those are things that I would want to see in a review and usually aren’t included. I guess I am a young looking for 50 eh 😉

Awesome review Dan, thanks. I definitely hit the subscribe button. Are there any major differences between this and the 14 gal version besides size?

Thanks Kyle! The differences that I know of between the two sizes are the 14 gal has different front wheels, different vac accessory holder, a drain for wet pickup and a metal handle at the back. The other thing that I’ve noticed is there is no reusable fleece bag available for the 14 gal which is a bummer because I really like the bag I have in my 9 gal. I think that alone would sway me more to the 9 gal model.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hey guys, I just finished my video review of the Bosch VAC090S

Great video Dan and just in time as I am going to one of the 14 gal ones.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Thanks for the information Dan, you may have just swayed me towards the 9 gallon vac. How much do those fleece bags cost?

woodman_412

Thanks for the information Dan, you may have just swayed me towards the 9 gallon vac. How much do those fleece bags cost?

The reusable bags usually sit somewhere in the $70 to $80 range Kyle. From my experience with it so far I’ve found its well worth it.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.837 seconds