dcsimg

bosch vac hoses confusion

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It is always interesting to me how much of a global market the world is now. It makes sense for companies to license products from other companies vs spending the dollars on their own r&d. Nice info.

Yep lots of stuff made by a few factories with different names. A lot of ACDelco sensors are nothing more than repackaged Bosch in an ACDelco box at a higher price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Just reading this thread for the first time this morning; lots of great information here!
    I’m at the stage where I have 4″ and 2 1/2″ hoses running to individual machines, but I am in need of something smaller for portable tools and for general clean up.
    Thanks for the links to Karcher and for the pool vac hose idea and for the Bosch vac breakdown.
    There is more than enough here to get me going on a 35mm hose system. Bosch has 2 1/2″ to 35mm adapters available on Amazon.ca for pretty reasonable price. That will be a good start.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Just reading this thread for the first time this morning; lots of great information here!
    I’m at the stage where I have 4″ and 2 1/2″ hoses running to individual machines, but I am in need of something smaller for portable tools and for general clean up.
    Thanks for the links to Karcher and for the pool vac hose idea and for the Bosch vac breakdown.
    There is more than enough here to get me going on a 35mm hose system. Bosch has 2 1/2″ to 35mm adapters available on Amazon.ca for pretty reasonable price. That will be a good start.

i think it is time you just pick up a bosch vac system and you’ll have the vac source and the hose for the 35mm. Prior to that i picked up the adapters from either leevalley or home depot to run my ridgid with my track saw.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

i think it is time you just pick up a bosch vac system and you’ll have the vac source and the hose for the 35mm. Prior to that i picked up the adapters from either leevalley or home depot to run my ridgid with my track saw.

I don’t think I really need a second vac system in the shop, just the bits and pieces to use the one I have with more devices.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I found the best thing you can do is get the bosch vac005 hose. It fits on all the rigid vacs I have, is long and has the end to fit on all bosch tools.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-VAC005-5-Meter-Vacuum-Hose/dp/B0000AV78B/ref=pd_bxgy_60_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=XWSE9S6HAP5SBEMPGF9P

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I found the best thing you can do is get the bosch vac005 hose. It fits on all the rigid vacs I have, is long and has the end to fit on all bosch tools.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-VAC005-5-Meter-Vacuum-Hose/dp/B0000AV78B/ref=pd_bxgy_60_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=XWSE9S6HAP5SBEMPGF9P

Makes sense; and the price works out pretty close to the pool vac hose discussed above. 2 1/2 to 2 1/4 adapter should be easy, too to plug into the DC in the shop.

http://www.kaercher-motorberger.com/zubehoer-ersatzteile/sauger/profi-klasse-t-nt-cv-bv/reparatursets/kaercher-reparaturset-c-35-2-639-682-0.html

Did anyone pursue the C35/1 replacement part from Karcher or has there been any more information on this click adapter for bosch hoses?

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I ordered a part from Karcher I thought would work but it’s not the same. It’s not quite what you posted., I couldn’t find the PN but it didn’t work on the BOsch quick connect

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

along these lines I am really intrigued by this new kit from rockler

http://www.rockler.com/dust-right-universal-small-port-hose-kit

woodman_412

Nice find Daniel. That looks like it works really well. It also looks like the type of hose needed to make a dual dust collection setup on the CM8S since it expands and contracts in length.

Dan

danpattison.com

Kamster
    Pro

I bought the Rockler adapter hose kit and used it mostly with the SP6000. I thought I had posted about it somewhere but I can’t find the post now

The adapters fit snugly on the track saw and Bosch 5 inch sander. The hose is heavy duty (i.e. not super light) so its important to have a clear working area without objects to snag on

woodman_412

I bought the Rockler adapter hose kit and used it mostly with the SP6000. I thought I had posted about it somewhere but I can’t find the post now

The adapters fit snugly on the track saw and Bosch 5 inch sander. The hose is heavy duty (i.e. not super light) so its important to have a clear working area without objects to snag on

@Kamster how easily does the hose expand and contract in length? Does it take much force to pull it out longer?

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

this is a great find, i don’t understand why more hoses don’t come with the flexible port. I sometimes have to rigg the setup in such a way that the two hoses or hose and port fit with each other lol.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Did anybody ever find a hose that fits the 12V vac? Sure would be nice if there was one out there somewhere. It is the only complaint i have on that tool the lack of a hose.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Kamster
    Pro

@kamster how easily does the hose expand and contract in length? Does it take much force to pull it out longer?

@woodman_412

The hose is made from a heavier rubber material than the standard plastic shopvac-style hose. It expands and contracts very easily. What I have found is that if you are working on an elevated surface and the hose drops off the edge you’ll definitely notice a slight pull.

woodman_412

The hose is made from a heavier rubber material than the standard plastic shopvac-style hose. It expands and contracts very easily. What I have found is that if you are working on an elevated surface and the hose drops off the edge you’ll definitely notice a slight pull.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it might work on a dual dust collection setup on the CM8S then.

Dan

danpattison.com

I ordered a part from Karcher I thought would work but it’s not the same. It’s not quite what you posted., I couldn’t find the PN but it didn’t work on the BOsch quick connect

Bummer to hear that. I am eager for Bosch to bring this to NA

John S

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Dan

I thought they were neat but was going to hold off until i could see them in person. At $30 i wanted to be sure i liked them.

There are a few videos on the rockler page that really show them off well. I will have to order a set soon.

woodman_412

Dan

I thought they were neat but was going to hold off until i could see them in person. At $30 i wanted to be sure i liked them.

There are a few videos on the rockler page that really show them off well. I will have to order a set soon.

Let me know how you like the kit when you get one. I don’t generally have an issue connecting a hose to power tools since pretty much everything I have is Bosch so it works with the Bosch extractor but the expanding feature of the hose looks interesting.

Dan

danpattison.com

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Well i picked up one of these rockler kits. It connects to everything I have a dust port for. No problem on the CM8s Even the bosch 1/4 sheet sander without any attachments. All my bosch, PC ryobi and the delta miter saw. Connected the swivel end right to my ridgid shop vac. The hose does have some weight to it but it expands and contracts with little effort. Think of it as a rubber coated slinky more than like shop vac hose. Any section of the unsupported hose will sag.

So far I love that it hooks to everything i have without 2 or three adapters taped together

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.551 seconds