dcsimg

bosch vac hoses confusion

This topic contains 59 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  crotalusco 3 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Author

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I just use the adapters that attach to my tools. So it’s basically a quick change.

As far as I know there is no other option.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

woodman_412

can you PM me a link to your source for the hose? Also, how do you plan on connecting the VX120 to the hose without the screw-on coupler?

@supimeister the hose that I bought was from Kent which is a local building supply store here. I was in a couple weeks ago and they don’t have it anymore which I was disappointed about. The hose is intended for pools so if you look for pool hose you might find the same hose. I wasn’t going to attach the VX120 to it, just the rubber end that fits onto the power tools. The diameter of the hose was just right to friction fit into the end.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@woodman_412

How do you deal with the other end/non tool end?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

woodman_412

@woodman_412

At this point I just have a small piece of the hose that I use to connect under my router table Jon. I’ll take a pic of the router table setup later but here are a couple old pics to show you what works at the moment. The rubber end just friction fits on to connect to the tool and then the other end that you were asking about fits onto the 1 1/4″ metal adapter that I have on the end of my real Bosch hose. So right now I can’t hook the blue hose directly to the extractor but I think I have an adapter kicking around that might work, just haven’t had a chance to try it.

Dan

danpattison.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

the hose that I bought was from Kent which is a local building supply store here. I was in a couple weeks ago and they don’t have it anymore which I was disappointed about. The hose is intended for pools so if you look for pool hose you might find the same hose. I wasn’t going to attach the VX120 to it, just the rubber end that fits onto the power tools. The diameter of the hose was just right to friction fit into the end.

That’s a nice find Dan.
    I’ll have to check out my local Gibson Pool store to see what they have.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@woodman_412

At this point I just have a small piece of the hose that I use to connect under my router table Jon. I’ll take a pic of the router table setup later but here are a couple old pics to show you what works at the moment. The rubber end just friction fits on to connect to the tool and then the other end that you were asking about fits onto the 1 1/4″ metal adapter that I have on the end of my real Bosch hose. So right now I can’t hook the blue hose directly to the extractor but I think I have an adapter kicking around that might work, just haven’t had a chance to try it.

Thanks Dan. I’m not sure why I’m interested exactly, but in the event that I ever wanted to produce my own hoses or connect two together, I was curious how others went abou such things.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

As far as I know there is no other option.

Good to know.

I talked with a really helpful lady at Bosch CS the other day, and she was able to tell me that though they do not sell the individual front/back pieces (like Jim said), they do offer a package deal of some sort (I still do not understand what is included) that is less than what the hose sells for new and includes all the essential parts. 260800A09 was the part # if I am not mistaken.

I am also attaching the vac + hose parts diagram she sent me.

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

So a guy over on the FOG posted this up. It looks to be an adapter that attaches directly to the tool. I wish I could find some more info about them.

maxresdefault by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

So a guy over on the FOG posted this up. It looks to be an adapter that attaches directly to the tool. I wish I could find some more info about them.

this i like, i don’t understand how this wasn’t the design to begin with, Snap in place hose. Perhaps we can get @kswiss to print an adapter if there is a design on thingiverse.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

this i like, i don’t understand how this wasn’t the design to begin with, Snap in place hose. Perhaps we can get @kswiss to print an adapter if there is a design on thingiverse.

If you can find me a design I’ll get it made for sure @r-ice

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

If you can find me a design I’ll get it made for sure @r-ice

i’ll have to see, how well is your 3d print capable of printing hollows like that? i’ll take alook at thingiverse to see if there is anything bosch related.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

i’ll have to see, how well is your 3d print capable of printing hollows like that? i’ll take alook at thingiverse to see if there is anything bosch related.

I might have to print it with some support but it should be possible.

Hi, new here, just wanted to jump right on in.

The Bosch vacuum is made by Kärcher. A lot of other brands have also licensed it, like Fein, Flex, Dewalt, … so you can find compatible parts or accessories from them.

In any case, you can buy replacement parts and accessories for the hoses from Kärcher. Search for nt35/1 on their site and browse through the accessories list.
    http://www.kaercher-motorberger.com/zubehoer-ersatzteile/sauger/profi-klasse-t-nt-cv-bv/reparatursets/kaercher-reparaturset-c-35-2-639-682-0.html

Fein has also just announced an updated model based on this design with some new tool ends.
    https://fein.com/en_ie/surface-processing/extractor/dustex-35-lx-ac-0339336/

I simply LOVE the Bosch system and how you can just unclick the rubber tool connector. I’ve been pining for Bosch to make a bigger 36mm rubber connector to connect to the outside of dust ports.
    And I guess it’s idle to hope for Bosch to expand and retrofit these “clipable” dust ports to the entire tool range right?

Are you reading this Bosch? 🙂

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@jonathan-m thanks for the extra information there, welcome to BTP.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Johathan welcome to BTP. Thank you for the info on the vacs.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

Welcome to the forum Jonathan. 🙂

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@jonathan-m thanks for the info, i didn’t know that they licensed it, i they developed it themselves, i guess it makes sense. The click portion of the connector is pretty good and i wished it was on the port of every bosch machine i have instead of figuring which piece of rubber will fit it.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Welcome to BTP @jonathan-m! Good info on the vacs.

When you get a chance, stop by the introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourself-v2/page/50/

Also, don’t forget to read the forum rules (http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-rules-of-bethepro-please-read-before-posting/) and to fill out your profile.

Enjoy the forum!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Hi, new here, just wanted to jump right on in.

The Bosch vacuum is made by Kärcher. A lot of other brands have also licensed it, like Fein, Flex, Dewalt, … so you can find compatible parts or accessories from them.

In any case, you can buy replacement parts and accessories for the hoses from Kärcher. Search for nt35/1 on their site and browse through the accessories list.
    http://www.kaercher-motorberger.com/zubehoer-ersatzteile/sauger/profi-klasse-t-nt-cv-bv/reparatursets/kaercher-reparaturset-c-35-2-639-682-0.html

Fein has also just announced an updated model based on this design with some new tool ends.
    https://fein.com/en_ie/surface-processing/extractor/dustex-35-lx-ac-0339336/

I simply LOVE the Bosch system and how you can just unclick the rubber tool connector. I’ve been pining for Bosch to make a bigger 36mm rubber connector to connect to the outside of dust ports.
    And I guess it’s idle to hope for Bosch to expand and retrofit these “clipable” dust ports to the entire tool range right?

Are you reading this Bosch? :)

Good to know, thanks.

It is always interesting to me how much of a global market the world is now. It makes sense for companies to license products from other companies vs spending the dollars on their own r&d. Nice info.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.537 seconds