dcsimg

bosch vac hoses confusion

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

So i finally pulled the trigger on the Bosch Tools VAC090A and thought I should get another hose (anti static) and a coupler as my plan was to make a short hose on my bench.

Anywho, the two bosch “35mm” hoses I got aren’t the same diameter:

Bosch VAC005 5-Meter Vacuum Hose, 35mm on the left and Bosch VH1635A 16-Feet Anti-Static 35mm Dust Extractor Hose on the right. They aren’t even close to the same size.

The VAC005 hose is 35MM ID and the VH1635A hose is closer to 30MM. Disappointing.

Which leads me to my second issue. I bought a second nozzle, the Bosch VX120 Power Tool Hose Adapter, 22/35mm. It’s nice that it fits in all bosch tools and has a vent to adj airflow if needed ect. It doesn’t come with the piece that attaches to the HOSE! All it is has is the nozzle. Any ideas where I can get the piece that attaches to the hose? (in the middle)

Maybe @supimeister

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well that’s ridiculous, 35mm is 35mm?? WTH?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I thought we had a username to use to contact Bosch power tool customer service…a quick google search and here it is: @boschtoolsservice – I bet they can help.

@bethepro maybe we could get a sticky with the contact names of all the different customer service, sponsors, etc?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have gotten hose ends at WoodCraft. they have a fairly good selection.

Rockler has a good selection too. Does Woodcraft or Rockler ship to Canada @thedude306? If not I will help you with their stuff if you need me to. That’s assuming that Bosch does not have want you need after you talk to them.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Thanks guys. I have access to rockler but all of it is 2.5″ or 4″ The bosch stuff is all metric. I just need to find a part number for that joiner piece and I will be set. Might have to visit our CRAPPY bosch warranty center and see if they can order one up.

Brad T

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like one is 35MM OD and the other is 35mm ID. Really disappointing Bosch does not use a standard form of measurement.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

I thought we had a username to use to contact Bosch power tool customer service…a quick google search and here it is: @boschtoolsservice – I bet they can help.

@bethepro maybe we could get a sticky with the contact names of all the different customer service, sponsors, etc?

HO Ho Hosed. Brad, it appears that you have cut the two hoses you have displayed. The Adapter you bought fits onto the coupling that is expoxied onto the end of the hose.

The hose itself is not the dimension that is specified, it is the adaptor outlet that attaches to the vacuum that is either 22 or 35 mm. The coupling you sawed off is the dimension you are referencing. The entire system is designed to work together in a proprietary way. By slicing off the coupler (which is designed to fit into the VX120 Power Tool Hose Adapter, 22/35mm), you have pretty much made it inoperable. The adaptor is made to work only with the pre-attached coupler.

Since the hose is epoxied into the adaptor’s base, you will more than likely need to jerryrig the entire thing to get the results you want. Which I believe is basically a shorter hose for your benchtop. At this point you have two cut hoses that are now unable to work with the predesigned system. Methinks you may have wanted to look at the entire layout before you chopped up the hoses.

As to the “CRAPPY” warranty center, please send me a PM with the address of the center you are referncing and your issues with the service and I will make sure to pass this along to the right people to see what can be done.

I HO HO Hope this clears it up.

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@bethepro

Your service guys must have misinformed you.

NO cutting of hoses. The quick release end unscrews off of the hose. They are threaded on the inside. I didn’t wreck a thing. I like the bosch ends. Everything works with them.

Both hoses are operational and 100% OEM!

I just wanted to make more hoses with the nice extra end I bought (Bosch VX120). I did check it out before I ordered. I just thought as the one on the hose comes off the extra one I bought would have one…

I understand that the “adapters” work with 22mm and 35mm ports, I just assumed that when you sell a 35mm HOSE, it would be 35mm. I assumed wrong. Not that it’s a big deal if I can’t get that quick release part.

here’s the hose as of this morning. It’s the last picture that’s important, it shows the threads on the quick connector.

Brad T

maybe we could use this thread? http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/btp-tricks-and-tips/ or this one? http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/important-how-to-post-on-bosch-power-tools-customer-service/

sorry @thedude306 I am not near my shop and won’t be for another week. I hope they can figure this out for ya.

John S

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Brad (@thedude306),

The hose should be glued. Thank you for passing this information along. We will take this and talk with the plant, as all hoses should have the coupling glued permanently. Unfortunately Bosch doesn’t offer the coupling that you are looking for as a stand alone item as it is designed to be attached to the hose from the factory. We will be using the info you discovered to follow up with the plant to ensure that new production hoses are glued as they should be.

Wish there was more I could do to make your bench hose dream come true, but that’s all we can do at the moment.

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Well, that’s too bad. It’s a great system. I guess I need to buy another bosch hose (which is probably Bosch’s intention)

Thanks for digging to the bottom of this for me!

Brad T

I tend to agree with @thedude306 that being able to buy the ends separately would be nice for making up custom length hoses. Shorter hoses work much better with miter saws and table saws.

I guess the part probably wouldn’t sell that much??

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I tend to agree with @thedude306 that being able to buy the ends separately would be nice for making up custom length hoses. Shorter hoses work much better with miter saws and table saws.

I guess the part probably wouldn’t sell that much??

Exactly. I have a couple of tools that only have a short whip on them that then connects to a longer hose. On this situation, if the hoses were any longer, they would be cumbersome.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

woodman_412

When I was at Kent today checking on the countertop that I ordered I happened to browse the plumbing aisle and found some very interesting hose. I bought a couple feet of it just to try out but it looks to be identical to the Bosch anti static hose. It is sold as swimming pool vacuum hose and sells for $3.66 per foot. When I got home I tried the Bosch power tool connector end and it fits perfectly. This seems like a great option for making extra or custom length hoses.

@thedude306 is there any metal wire at all in the anti static hose? I was looking at one of your pics and it looked like there might be but it was hard to tell.

Dan

danpattison.com

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Well that works. Great find!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@woodman_412

No wire but I have no idea how to tell if plastic is conductive or not. I guess you would have to but an ohm meter on it.

Brad T

woodman_412

Well if there is no wire then I’m wondering if this might be the identical hose then. From the pics I saw of yours I can’t tell any difference. It was a great but random find today. I think I’m going to use the 2′ piece that I got today for the under table dust collection on my router table. I’ll probably be going back at some point to get more.

Dan

danpattison.com

@thedude306 – did you end up just buying an additional complete hose? Did you figure out another way to connect the coupler to the adapter?

@bethepro – do you know if we are able to buy replacement parts for the end piece that connects to the vac / screws on to the end of the hose (it is two pieces – one coupler, another piece that clips onto that part). I am not referring to the BOSCH VX120 part that attaches to tools, but the end part of the hose that attaches to the vac. See pic I have attached.

@woodman_412 – can you PM me a link to your source for the hose? Also, how do you plan on connecting the VX120 to the hose without the screw-on coupler?

I recently added a tech sleeve on the outside of my hose to prevent it from snagging + I added a festool quick-connect cord to it (also used zip ties + heat shrink wrap to keep it in place)… one day I hope to convert my cords over to those sweet neutrik connectors @thedude306 uses.

John S

@supimeister

You’ll love the Neutrik PowerCon connectors. I already switched both my Bosch ROS65 and ROS20 to them as well as my Mafell MT55cc and P1cc.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.713 seconds