dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 292 total)
  • Author

Where? I love my Makita so much I would get a second one to keep a ripping blade on. It really is better than any other saw Ive tried

MM do you have the XPS01 or the XPS02? The 02 has the blueteeth for the vac turn off and on. I just got a great deal but it was the XPS01, no blueteeth.

I have the 01. The Bluetooth one wasn’t out yet at the time. Since I don’t have any vac that can use it anyways, I don’t see myself getting the Bluetooth one unless I’m buying anyways and the price is really close or better

But since I like the tool activated start – or at least don’t really like walking over to turn on the vac, when I hook it up to a cordless tool, I put a remote control plug switch between the vac and the wall. It’s nice to have a button to press to turn off the vac

Doobie

Where? I love my Makita so much I would get a second one to keep a ripping blade on. It really is better than any other saw Ive tried

MM do you have the XPS01 or the XPS02? The 02 has the blueteeth for the vac turn off and on. I just got a great deal but it was the XPS01, no blueteeth.

I have the 01. The Bluetooth one wasn’t out yet at the time. Since I don’t have any vac that can use it anyways, I don’t see myself getting the Bluetooth one unless I’m buying anyways and the price is really close or better

But since I like the tool activated start – or at least don’t really like walking over to turn on the vac, when I hook it up to a cordless tool, I put a remote control plug switch between the vac and the wall. It’s nice to have a button to press to turn off the vac

It’s one of my hesitations with getting a cordless tracksaw. I like that the corded activates my vac. I ddon’t want to use one without a vac, and I don’t want to buy another vac just to have BT on/off. Not sure I’d really want a seperate remote switch setup just to deal with the vac either.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The one thing that is throwing a crimp in the whole cordless revolution is DC. Just when cordless starting getting really good the emphasis on DC is dragging it back. Why have a cordless tool with a corded vac or a big vacuum hose hanging off it. Defeats the whole cut the cord thing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

The one thing that is throwing a crimp in the whole cordless revolution is DC. Just when cordless starting getting really good the emphasis on DC is dragging it back. Why have a cordless tool with a corded vac or a big vacuum hose hanging off it. Defeats the whole cut the cord thing.

For sure. That’s one place I have to give Festool credit. They have dust bags and internal blowers (or something) that get almost everything. Not going to use them inside at a hospital or in a furnished living room, but they are really pretty good when 95% is good enough for the convenience factor to win out

Their sander bag and sanders actually get almost everything- and the bag collects the dust so it can be mixed with glue to make matching filler

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Yet again Bosch a little late to the game. Those of us in need have found other sources

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

For sureOFA kit and rails will be available here too

Nice you will be getting the track saw madman.

of course!!! 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yet again Bosch a little late to the game. Those of us in need have found other sources

That is true. I have no idea why Bosch always seems to follow and never lead.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

At least they don’t rush to market junk that some other companies tend to do with certain offerings. I know at least when I buy something new from Bosch it is well designed and built to quality. Too many companies have thrown that concept out the door for the idea that more stuff is better regardless of how well it performs or lasts.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Ya but this has been available in Europe for what 6-8 years. That’s not developing a better tool that’s just not giving a shit about the na market. Still waiting on the cutout tool they promised 4 years ago. But again too late now I’m running Hilti.

Look I’m a Bosch fanboy just like anyone else. While in most cases I like Bosch better than, Milwaukee, DeWalt, and Makita. But they aren’t that much better when you need the tool to wait. I seriously regret starting with Bosch cordless just because the lack of offerings.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Quite frankly the only thing that kept me with Bosch cordless was bethepro. Being able to get free replacement or additional batteries for participating in a forum with great guys was the selling point. But if that option is going away I’ll start converting to Milwaukee faster

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

At least they don’t rush to market junk that some other companies tend to do with certain offerings.

Bosch has but their share of junk on the market and that’s why they’re fighting Ridgid for 4th place with the 18 volt line.

I seriously regret starting with Bosch cordless just because the lack of offerings.

I hear that. I know Moze has phazed out his 18 volt Bosch line and others have too.

Quite frankly the only thing that kept me with Bosch cordless was bethepro. Being able to get free replacement or additional batteries for participating in a forum with great guys was the selling point. But if that option is going away I’ll start converting to Mikita faster

Fixed it for ya lol…

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This is kind of why when I got the email about winning a freak I was not so excited. I am already on the Ridgid and Milwaukee 18V platforms and I have been thinking of a 12V platform which will probably be Milwaukee. I am not sure what I would do when I get the free freak as I don’t really want to have a forth cordless platform and there is nothing in the bosch line up that is a must have for me. I want to phase out the Ridgid and move to Makita as well.

For this reason I have been looking at bits, blades, corded tools and laser stuff to redeem on BTP and none of the cordless tools.

Definitely would like to see them take the lead, they have put a lot of quality tools out,
    Some great points and opinions about this topic,

I like how Dirty fixed that typo error from @crotalusco 😉

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is kind of why when I got the email about winning a freak I was not so excited. I am already on the Ridgid and Milwaukee 18V platforms

Tough to have so many different platforms on the job site.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is kind of why when I got the email about winning a freak I was not so excited. I am already on the Ridgid and Milwaukee 18V platforms

On the bright side, the freak contest prize includes a core 6.3ah battery. Almost nobody will drain one of those in a day with an impact driver. So you don’t need to charge onsite….

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

On the bright side, the freak contest prize includes a core 6.3ah battery. Almost nobody will drain one of those in a day with an impact driver. So you don’t need to charge onsite….

I’d rather use a 2.0ah battery and change it out 2 times in a day and have the lighter tool.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I’d rather use a 2.0ah battery and change it out 2 times in a day and have the lighter tool.

Yep! That’s me as well particularly with tools that either you want to be nimble with or are just getting lopsididly unbalanced uneccesarily othherwise with a bigger battery.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Depends on how big the 6ah core battery is. Is it super bulky?

Doobie

Depends on how big the 6ah core battery is. Is it super bulky?

It actually isn’t as it is the same body size as their older 4.0 batteries. But for a lot of situations, I’ll tack on the hallf sized’ 2.0 instead myself.

Doobie

Ya but this has been available in Europe for what 6-8 years. That’s not developing a better tool that’s just not giving a shit about the na market. Still waiting on the cutout tool they promised 4 years ago. But again too late now I’m running Hilti.

Hmmm….so you’re now suddenly here Daniel just to do what productively with this beloved forum of many of us while we dedicatedly ourselves try to support thru one of its ebbs and flows? Stab a hatchet….or work with us to muster thru?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.681 seconds