dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Bosch is so way behind the competition with the plung-track saw I don’t know how the sales will be? Every one that uses a track saw already has one and many are now upgraded to the cordless track saws. I just sold my corded track saw for 300 bucks and it was 7 years old.

I agree. And I’m also tinkering with maybe getting the Makita cordless as well.

price-wise the makita cordless is awesome. couple month ago they had a promo where they tossed in 2 additional 5ah batteries.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Bosch is so way behind the competition with the plung-track saw I don’t know how the sales will be? Every one that uses a track saw already has one and many are now upgraded to the cordless track saws. I just sold my corded track saw for 300 bucks and it was 7 years old.

I agree. And I’m also tinkering with maybe getting the Makita cordless as well.

price-wise the makita cordless is awesome. couple month ago they had a promo where they tossed in 2 additional 5ah batteries.

Pretty sure they didn’t have that promo here in Canada on the track saw with two 5.0 Ah batteries as I’ve been hawking Makita somewhat since I jumped on their cordless bandwagon this past spring and never saw a promo like that on their cordless track saw.

I did get a promo with their awesome 13 inch dual battery weed whacker, but those were only two 3.0 Ah batteries and a dual charger making a total of three 3.0 Ah I now have and it would be nice to have some 5.0 or 6.0 batteries as well.

I’m just glad I finally got into the Makita cordless line. They have a lot of nifty cordless and well designed tools and they are a quality brand imo. No regrets!

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

That Makita promo was fantastic. Included a track as well as the extra batteries. Definitely wasn’t offered in Canada.
    The latest Makita cordless track saw comes with their Bluetooth system for activating a compatible vacuum (since there isn’t a cord to plug in and sense the load on). Festool has come out with a surprisingly well-priced remote add-on for their vacs, which will work with Bluetooth enabled batteries on any on their cordless tools. Haven’t heard of Bosch doing anything along those lines. Has anyone else?

redwood
    Pro

It is really too bad that Bosch has taken so much time to bring these tools across the pond. I think they have a pretty extensive line of cordless tools in Europe, that aren’t available here. Pretty much every Bosch tool that I have and I have a lot of them, are quality tools. I have no doubt that if they had brought them to NA., they would have a much better grip in the market, especially cordless. As it stands, they are pretty low on the totem pole due to lack of product.

That promotion with the free 5AH batteries with select cordless tools just ended yesterday, at least one of the online tool suppliers.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Anxious for reviews and real world testing when it arrives here. The tracks are cheaper than Mafell and they have quick clamps. I hope they bring more tools over to NA.

Orange County, CA

Doobie

That promotion with the free 5AH batteries with select cordless tools just ended yesterday, at least one of the online tool suppliers.

They just started a Makita promo here in Canada yesterday that includes a bonus 6.0 battery with certain kits. Unfortunately, none of the kits are of any interest to me.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

As it stands, they are pretty low on the totem pole due to lack of product.

You’re right Mark. Way too long bringing tools to the NA market. Customers defect because they need/want the tool today not years in the future.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anxious for reviews and real world testing when it arrives here. The tracks are cheaper than Mafell and they have quick clamps. I hope they bring more tools over to NA.

Same here, looking forward to hopefully seeing it being tested and reviewed,
    Definitely would like to see many more cordless tools come to N A

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’ve heard the track saw is coming in December.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hopefully it will be on sale to promote it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Just in time for Christmas.

Yes. The $599 MSRP is a little steep compared to other alternatives out there aside from Festool.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Just in time for Christmas.

Yes. The $599 MSRP is a little steep compared to other alternatives out there aside from Festool.

right on and hopefully they will do a promo…free rails or so

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes. The $599 MSRP is a little steep compared to other alternatives out there

Yes it does. We’ll have to see how it is received when it comes out. Anyone here planning to get one?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Yes it does. We’ll have to see how it is received when it comes out. Anyone here planning to get one?

I’m not decided yet. There’s a sweet deal on a cordless Makita track saw with two 5.0 Ah batteries and dual charger as a bonus coming up next week I might go and buy.

I’m not decided yet. There’s a sweet deal on a cordless Makita track saw with two 5.0 Ah batteries and dual charger as a bonus coming up next week I might go and buy.

Where? I love my Makita so much I would get a second one to keep a ripping blade on. It really is better than any other saw Ive tried – but I have not tried the Mafell or Bosch.

And this is where Bosch will be extra hit by the delay. Festool and Makita are offering deals on track saws for the next month or two and getting anyone who might have gotten the Bosch – and thats before factoring in the corded vs cordless

And to me, just as important, is the sheer number of accessories for the makita and Festool track, including aftermarket. Bosch track gets you track saw use. Maybe the OFA router base will also show up, but NAINA accessories often don’t. Same for the holey rail.

In the meantime, my makita rides on Festool tracks, and I use that with an MFT3 table, an insta-rail square, parallel guides, the bosch OFA router base….

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That it true that because the track saw is here dosen’t mean the accessories will be here.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

For sure !!! 😀

Maybe the OFA router base will also show up, but NAINA accessories often don’t. Same for the holey rail.

OFA kit and rails will be available here too

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

For sureOFA kit and rails will be available here too

Nice you will be getting the track saw madman.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Where? I love my Makita so much I would get a second one to keep a ripping blade on. It really is better than any other saw Ive tried

MM do you have the XPS01 or the XPS02? The 02 has the blueteeth for the vac turn off and on. I just got a great deal but it was the XPS01, no blueteeth.

Where? I love my Makita so much I would get a second one to keep a ripping blade on. It really is better than any other saw Ive tried

MM do you have the XPS01 or the XPS02? The 02 has the blueteeth for the vac turn off and on. I just got a great deal but it was the XPS01, no blueteeth.

I have the 01. The Bluetooth one wasn’t out yet at the time. Since I don’t have any vac that can use it anyways, I don’t see myself getting the Bluetooth one unless I’m buying anyways and the price is really close or better

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.576 seconds