dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My cordless FT is much more powerful than the corded version in my experience. Batteries last a long time too. I like not being tethered.

I stopped using corded tools a long time ago, too much hassle. Extension cords all over the place who needs it. Cordless tools are becoming as or more powerful than the corded ones. Cut the cord.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

My cordless FT is much more powerful than the corded version in my experience. Batteries last a long time too. I like not being tethered.

I stopped using corded tools a long time ago, too much hassle. Extension cords all over the place who needs it. Cordless tools are becoming as or more powerful than the corded ones. Cut the cord.

Yup, I try to use as many cordless as possible, unless otherwise

Yup, I try to use as many cordless as possible, unless otherwise

I agree…batteries and motors are getting much more efficient. Love all the options available these days.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Eventually batteries will be able to supply more amps than you can get from an outlet (20-30 Amps), then the cordless tools will be more powerful then the corded version.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Eventually batteries will be able to supply more amps than you can get from an outlet (20-30 Amps), then the cordless tools will be more powerful then the corded version.

We are already there. The max discharge from an 18v battery made of 20700 cells is 1440 Watts, which is pretty much 12A at 110.

Some companies are doing dual batteries (like the makita x2 Stuff)

Some others have that discharge rate but at higher voltage (Dewalt 60v max and Ego 56v)

It’s hard to get real world numbers but the cells’ max capacity tells a good bit of it

Doobie

We are already there. The max discharge from an 18v battery made of 20700 cells is 1440 Watts, which is pretty much 12A at 110.

Some companies are doing dual batteries (like the makita x2 Stuff)

Some others have that discharge rate but at higher voltage (Dewalt 60v max and Ego 56v)

It’s hard to get real world numbers but the cells’ max capacity tells a good bit of it

Didn’t realize the tools and battery tech were at that threshold. Interesting.

redwood
    Pro

I love cordless as much as probably anyone and I jumped on the bandwagon long before a lot of you, I’m sure. But the technology is neither cheap nor perfect yet. So don’t throw away those power cords just yet.

Granted, the power may have arrived, but the longevity of a charge demanding that power is still a little bit away and the cost of that freedom is still quite high, compared to it’s corded brothers.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I love cordless as much as probably anyone and I jumped on the bandwagon long before a lot of you, I’m sure. But the technology is neither cheap nor perfect yet. So don’t throw away those power cords just yet.

Granted, the power may have arrived, but the longevity of a charge demanding that power is still a little bit away and the cost of that freedom is still quite high, compared to it’s corded brothers.

The battery tech knowledge is here . Flex volt , makita , Milwaukee new battery’s have changed whole companys . I know companys that run on all cordless power no cords doing framing , trim , remodel work . Plus with NPS next month it will be even more push for no cords one tools .

Always willing to learn .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Absolutely right @redwood . I saw the old 9.6v Makitas used in automotive assembly as long ago as 1977. They were used for trim install where the only spec was “fully driven; not stripped”. They needed the flexibility of cordless to meet a 70 vehicle per hour production rate. High production rates for those days. Battery life was terrible and operating cost was high but they got the job done.

Todays cordless with brushless motors is a huge improvement but I can’t wait to see what is coming in the future.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

To the company, that’s a feature.

If you are in their ecosystem and already have a stack of batteries, you are inclined to not look too closely at competitors.

I own more than enough batteries to never go dry, especially if I also use quick chargers

Most jobs have no such need, but even when they do, I still have no cord to catch and better than mains performance from the tools. I’d prefer a battery charging 10 feet away to a plug in tool any day of the week

redwood
    Pro

If you are in their ecosystem and already have a stack of batteries, you are inclined to not look too closely at competitors.

Bingo, you better be into their platform or it’s really going to cost you, much more then just for the tool.

Had I been a part of the current Dewalt platform, I would have kept the cordless track saw that they sent me. If they had sent me 2 batteries, I would have kept it. But alas they did not and I sold it.

The other item I touched on, was if you are going to be hooked up to a vac, what’s the big deal to have a cord, as well. The vacuum hose is much more cumbersome then a cord. Now if you have a bag that works well, that’s another story.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Bingo, you better be into their platform or it’s really going to cost you, much more then just for the tool.

Had I been a part of the current Dewalt platform, I would have kept the cordless track saw that they sent me. If they had sent me 2 batteries, I would have kept it. But alas they did not and I sold it.

The other item I touched on, was if you are going to be hooked up to a vac, what’s the big deal to have a cord, as well. The vacuum hose is much more cumbersome then a cord. Now if you have a bag that works well, that’s another story.

Quite true. That’s why
    A) my track saw has a good bag on it 90% of the time
    B) most of my corded tools have been converted to Plug-it pigtails. One cord that’s attached to the vac hose and plugged into the vac.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The months are getting closer to september which is apparently the official release of the new track saw for us in NA.

What do you guys think about the price? MSRP 599 USD
    bare tool in a LBOXX4 without any rails etc

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

in a LBOXX4 without any rails

I think it is a bit high, but not entirely out of line with the high end side of the market.

Will

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

in a LBOXX4 without any rails

I think it is a bit high, but not entirely out of line with the high end side of the market.

Over in the UK they offer the saw with 2 x 1.6m Rails, Connector & Rail Bag for 510 USD + 40 USD shipping to the US.

Bosch should offer something like that. Perhaps different kits.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

redwood
    Pro

At that price, it better kill all the reviews. It’s tough enough breaking into a established market. To make a significant dent, you need to beat your competition by price or by superior quality/features.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

That’s likely gonna be around $800 CAD up here in Canada. Sorry, to pricey for me. I doubt I’ll get one unless it was as a redemption and since Jim has gone, nothing has hit that list since so I doubt this will ever be available.

That’s likely gonna be around $800 CAD up here in Canada. Sorry, to pricey for me. I doubt I’ll get one unless it was as a redemption and since Jim has gone, nothing has hit that list since so I doubt this will ever be available.

Yikes, I can buy the Makita cordless for less, and it comes with everything I believe.
    I would much prefer the Bosch cordless, only because I’m on the cordless Bosch platform already,

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Yikes, I can buy the Makita cordless for less, and it comes with everything I believe.
    I would much prefer the Bosch cordless, only because I’m on the cordless Bosch platform already,

I’ve heard the Bosch corded cuts better than the makita cordless and it’s also a big bulky because of the two batteries on the unit.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I’ve heard the Bosch corded cuts better than the makita cordless and it’s also a big bulky because of the two batteries on the unit.

I can’t speak to the Bosch corded but the makita cordless is more powerful than the makita corded and I don’t find the batteries make any difference in ergonomics. I sold my corded a few months after getting the cordless

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.679 seconds