dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 292 total)
  • Author

As a side note, I’m glad to see a tool bundled in an LBoxx again.

Doobie

I agree cordless is a good option, but corded still has its place in a workshop. Depending on price I might opt for one to add smaller saw to my arsenal for shop tasks when more power is needed. But, it is not on top of my list at the moment.

I believe price is at $599 for the tool in an lboxx. no rails included

Now that would be odd. They dumped all tool iterations with an L-Boxx in NA and now they’ll release one tool with it. Maybe it’s a sign they will go back to L-Boxxed configurations but now with the newer L-Boxx style they announced is coming to NA. You know anything further on this @madman_us?

I have the Bosch track saw I ordered out of the UK, I do hope this will make it easier to find reasonably priced clamps for it and optional rails like the router mount etc.

Will

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have the Bosch track saw I ordered out of the UK, I do hope this will make it easier to find reasonably priced clamps for it and optional rails like the router mount etc.

all that will become available as well

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I think this is made in Germany.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

all that will become available as well

Now that is a positive right there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Very true, good point. I just wonder if it’s the newer model L box?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

chances are good because most tool kits in europe come in the new lboxx style.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I agree cordless is a good option, but corded still has its place in a workshop. Depending on price I might opt for one to add smaller saw to my arsenal for shop tasks when more power is needed. But, it is not on top of my list at the moment.

Now that would be odd. They dumped all tool iterations with an L-Boxx in NA and now they’ll release one tool with it. Maybe it’s a sign they will go back to L-Boxxed configurations but now with the newer L-Boxx style they announced is coming to NA. You know anything further on this madman_us

I highly doubt that they are not going back to it. It’s more likely an imported item and on the other side of the pond they do come with an lboxx.
    So they just leave it as is without repackaging it and offering it in a cardboard box or something similar.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hopefully the idea will spread to other tools as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That would be very nice to see. Good opportunity to see the new design as well.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s a way too high price.. I got mine for 360$ with a Boxx and a 55″ rail… Where is this bosch track saw made?

yeah it’s definitely a price shocker and will scare quite some folks away.

Definitely will! I can buy a cordless Makita with rail and extra batteries cheaper.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Yes sir Bill, that would be great, I really liked the fact that I received some L boxes when I redeemed for them.

Doobie

Now that would be odd. They dumped all tool iterations with an L-Boxx in NA and now they’ll release one tool with it. Maybe it’s a sign they will go back to L-Boxxed configurations but now with the newer L-Boxx style they announced is coming to NA. You know anything further on this madman_us

I highly doubt that they are not going back to it. It’s more likely an imported item and on the other side of the pond they do come with an lboxx.
    So they just leave it as is without repackaging it and offering it in a cardboard box or something similar.

I think you’re probably right on that Alex.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

That’s a way too high price.. I got mine for 360$ with a Boxx and a 55″ rail… Where is this bosch track saw made?

yeah it’s definitely a price shocker and will scare quite some folks away.

Definitely will! I can buy a cordless Makita with rail and extra batteries cheaper.

That is so true. Right now Makita has a promo with 2x extra batteries, so a total of 4x 5.0s

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Be interesting to see how the Bosch will sell when it is released and if there will be any sale pricing going on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

An article and slide show on the new Bosch Tracksaw in today’s Tool of the Trade:

Good info but what jumped out for me was $599 for the tool only; Track available separately, I guess no charger or batteries either. Hooboy talk about pushing a brick uphill.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

An article and slide show on the new Bosch Tracksaw in today’s Tool of the Trade:

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power-tools/corded-tools/new-bosch-plunge-saw_o?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Product-Brief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TOTT_040318A%20(1)%20B&he=a4bc21e236d1dc8b2695a7f0a8fb43bfe1f36e51

What seems odd to me is the claim that it’s a Mafell in a new coat.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power-tools/corded-tools/new-bosch-plunge-saw_o?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Product-Brief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TOTT_040318A%20(1)%20B&he=a4bc21e236d1dc8b2695a7f0a8fb43bfe1f36e51

What seems odd to me is the claim that it’s a Mafell in a new coat.

Not that surprising- the European track saw is a lightly stripped version of the Mafell. I assume that’s the one being brought to North America. The tracks themselves are a joint product. Even a new saw that rides those rails would probably have a lot in common with Mafell and probably be a “twin minus features”

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.592 seconds