dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 292 total)
  • Author

Soap box time. I hope I have earned enough respect to be able to ramble a little and you all know it comes from a good place.

This whole thread is all over the place. I wish I could just lay it all out as to why things are progressing like they are. Believe it or not there is logic behind all of this. Yes, certain products are late to the US, agreed, would have liked to see the track saw in the US back when it was released in Europe and the rest of the world. That wasn’t my decision to make…

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread about corded verses cordless, approvals, designs, timing, etc. Why, how, what things are done. I am not going to pick everything apart here, as I am here to support and help, not tell people they are wrong.

Any direct questions about the track saw , I can help. I am the lead here on this project, so I know probably what you want to know. As always, I will share every drop of info I can with you.

One question that is rumbling around is the compatibles of the tracks and Festool. Let me put it to you this way. On the Bosch saw, there is a black plastic spacer on the foot. Said spacer is removable. Said spacer has a certain shade of green on it. Form your own conclusion.

As always, I am here to help, answer questions, cause trouble. So comment, ask, send me a message.

Nice. Thanks

Considering the router OFA base and the jigsaw base have that, It makes sense. Funny how the EU reviews never seem to mention that option

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorry to step on your toes @Dadgineer but I have to call it like I see it. From what I understand NA will be getting a corded track saw that was released in Europe over 2 years ago. Maybe there will be a few upgrades but the fact is it will come with a cord. Every tool manufacturer out there to include Bosch is pushing cordless, cordless charging, BT and you are releasing a tool in a segment where you don’t have a tool (track saws) and it is an old tool with a cord. Look Bosch is, for most of us, our favorite brand of tool we want to see Bosch succeed but releasing old tools in NA and calling them new tools is not the way. NA is tired of getting Europe’s leftovers, old tools where you stretch the manufacture just a bit longer to make more money, seeing Europe get the latest and greatest tool right now and NA needs to wait 1-2 years before we get it. Sometimes Europe gets v2 of a tool and as Europe is getting v2 NA gets the old v1. Last year Bosch announced that all new tools would be released in Europe and NA at the same time; we are still waiting for the 12V Planer and the 12V Router both of which were released in Europe months ago. Look hopefully things will get better and NA will thought of as primary rather than a secondary tool market.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

@Dadgineer thanks for sharing your input, always nice to hear from someone who has hands on knowledge about what’s happening with the products.

Doobie

Considering the router OFA base and the jigsaw base have that, It makes sense. Funny how the EU reviews never seem to mention that option

I was in fact wondering about that yesterday after reading Steve’s post in regards to tools other than the track saw that could enjoy using the Bosch rails and the Festool rails. Thanks for mentioning that. Just a silly detail/question for you…..what is ‘OFA’ ?

I was in fact wondering about that yesterday after reading Steve’s post in regards to tools other than the track saw that could enjoy using the Bosch rails and the Festool rails. Thanks for mentioning that. Just a silly detail/question for you…..what is ‘OFA’ ?

This

Doobie

This

OK, let me get this straight…..

The Bosch track saw already has compatibility with Festool tracks via a greenie coloured thing that Steve mentioned needs adjusting in its built in base. Correct?

The router and the jiggy need an after-market bought Bosch made compatibility base plate accessory sold by and made by Bosch in order to work on either the Bosch tracks or a Festool track which in working on the Festool track there is also another green thingy that needs to be dealt with. Correct also?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is the headline 36V Makita Track Saw available at The Home Depot and it is there right now.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is the headline 36V Makita Track Saw available at The Home Depot and it is there right now.

Worse. The makita 36v saw is in my shop despite me being a huge fan of Bosch. And once I picked up their battery platform, I also snagged a cordless router (with plunge base too).

Same point. The new colt is awesome, but it was late to the party, corded, and the plunge is still “coming soon “. And this from the company that came out with the best battery tech.

If a guy like me will cross “brand lines” to get what they need, it gives a foot in the door to switching brands. Right now, lots of brands have a “toehold” product that get you into their battery ecosystem and may lead to future sales. I don’t see Bosch with any. The battery ecosystem and the interlocking cases are two good ways to keeping people attached to one brand. And neither appear to be the focus.

Drop the Lboxx bundled with tools, and invest a fortune in developing the Core and ProCore batteries – and then don’t release tools that dominate with them.

Every Bosch tool I have is very, very good. But the competition also can make a good tool, and Bosch gives no reason for a Makita or Milwaukee user to buy a “first” Bosch tool. The opposite is not true though. And that will cost a lot of market share in the professional and Prosumer sectors

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Worse. The makita 36v saw is in my shop despite me being a huge fan of Bosch. And once I picked up their battery platform, I also snagged a cordless router (with plunge base too).

Same point. The new colt is awesome, but it was late to the party, corded, and the plunge is still “coming soon “. And this from the company that came out with the best battery tech.

If a guy like me will cross “brand lines” to get what they need, it gives a foot in the door to switching brands. Right now, lots of brands have a “toehold” product that get you into their battery ecosystem and may lead to future sales. I don’t see Bosch with any. The battery ecosystem and the interlocking cases are two good ways to keeping people attached to one brand. And neither appear to be the focus.

Drop the Lboxx bundled with tools, and invest a fortune in developing the Core and ProCore batteries – and then don’t release tools that dominate with them.

Every Bosch tool I have is very, very good. But the competition also can make a good tool, and Bosch gives no reason for a Makita or Milwaukee user to buy a “first” Bosch tool. The opposite is not true though. And that will cost a lot of market share in the professional and Prosumer sectors

I think you’re right on the money there Eric. And it sucks to see that. I just hope they surprise us all and start pumping out new cordless (brushless) tools that will make a good faith effort to push back at the competition.

Charlie

Instagram

I think you’re right on the money there Eric. And it sucks to see that. I just hope they surprise us all and start pumping out new cordless (brushless) tools that will make a good faith effort to push back at the competition.

I sure hope so. I’ve never had a bad Bosch tool and I would much prefer to spend my dollars somewhere I respect. Bosch has gone above and beyond the few times I’ve had issues and have more than earned my preference

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I sure hope so. I’ve never had a bad Bosch tool and I would much prefer to spend my dollars somewhere I respect. Bosch has gone above and beyond the few times I’ve had issues and have more than earned my preference

That’s been my experience too – it’s a hard spot to be in when you trust their tools, but can’t count on them to stay current.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy wrote:

Exactly my point. People looking for a track saw will buy right now, not wait around until next fall and on top of that if you wanted a Bosch one it will have a cord.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The corded is definitely coming this year. A cordless version is in development as far as I know. I believe this one will be released next year (lol or later because we know Bosch is famous for that)

Thank you for the update madman. Everyone else is coming out with a cordless track saw and Bosch is releasing a corded one in NA?

The corded track saw is on the market in europe for decades. It took bosch NA quite some time to finally bring it over the pond.
    Whatever the reason is for that……
    In my opinion it is a good decision to release a corded saw as well because they know it’s a popular tool and there is a use for it in the market.

A cordless version is in development as far as some birds twittered.

The current corded track saw is a mafell copy and Bosch missed the opportunity to go with mafell’s cordless track saw invention, so they went with Metabo instead.

So now Bosch has to go on its own into the big world LOL

Having two track saw versions on the market, corded and cordless will catch more customers.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I agree cordless is a good option, but corded still has its place in a workshop. Depending on price I might opt for one to add smaller saw to my arsenal for shop tasks when more power is needed. But, it is not on top of my list at the moment.

Orange County, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I agree cordless is a good option, but corded still has its place in a workshop. Depending on price I might opt for one to add smaller saw to my arsenal for shop tasks when more power is needed. But, it is not on top of my list at the moment.

I believe price is at $599 for the tool in an lboxx. no rails included

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a way too high price.. I got mine for 360$ with a Boxx and a 55″ rail… Where is this bosch track saw made?

Attachments:

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

That’s a way too high price.. I got mine for 360$ with a Boxx and a 55″ rail… Where is this bosch track saw made?

yeah it’s definitely a price shocker and will scare quite some folks away.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I agree there are cordless options out there for around $400 retail a bit less on sale like Dirty snagged. It will be a tough sell high price and corded.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

For the amount of use I would get from a track saw, it’s not high on my want list. That price seals the deal. Can’t imagine what it will be in Canada.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

For the amount of use I would get from a track saw, it’s not high on my want list. That price seals the deal. Can’t imagine what it will be in Canada.

😮 yeah, that’s fairly steep, I have seen that cordless Makita for cheaper and with a track,
    Still will be interesting to see what they come out and, and price range.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.465 seconds