dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I read on instagram that Bosch will have a track saw in the US by third quarter. That is awesome news!

Corded or cordless?

The corded is definitely coming this year. A cordless version is in development as far as I know. I believe this one will be released next year (lol or later because we know Bosch is famous for that)

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

I have never seen the cordless, but the corded would be very cool. I like my FT cordless, but the corded is certainly underpowered. It would be awesome if Bosch decided to bring over some of their other circular saws that are similar to Mafell’s offerings.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The corded is definitely coming this year. A cordless version is in development as far as I know. I believe this one will be released next year (lol or later because we know Bosch is famous for that)

Thank you for the update madman. Everyone else is coming out with a cordless track saw and Bosch is releasing a corded one in NA?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I have never seen the cordless, but the corded would be very cool. I like my FT cordless, but the corded is certainly underpowered. It would be awesome if Bosch decided to bring over some of their other circular saws that are similar to Mafell’s offerings.

I mostly want the track saw here so that they will bring the rail itself – which means the accessories like the router and jigsaw connectors. Really great tools that cost a lot at import. Would love to get a 1600 Holey Rail

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I mostly want the track saw here so that they will bring the rail itself – which means the accessories like the router and jigsaw connectors. Really great tools that cost a lot at import. Would love to get a 1600 Holey Rail

Is that the rail you keep showing me that works with the CCS180? Because I would love that!

Charlie

Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

it will be great to see and hopefully try out. Unfortunately, I probably do not need 2

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Feels like too little, too late. Maybe even several years too late. Bosch has proven to be good at that with power tool releases. I already own 2 cordless track saws and can’t imagine buying any corded tools at all. I guess people with dedicated track saws in their shops who already have cords everywhere could have a use for one if their existing tracksaw failed. I guess since track saws are mostly used with dust colllection the cord isn’t really much of an additional safety hazard. It also gives the saw that cool retro look.

j

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Feels like too little, too late.

I guess bosch is going with the better late than never line on the track saw…

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I was excited when I read the news that Bosch was coming out with a track saw this year in the fall. But my excitement quickly died when I read that it would be corded model. The big news in case Bosch hasn’t gotten the memo is that the colonies oops the USA is modern and we expect cordless tools. We have invested in battery chargers, batteries, cordless tools and now you want us to go back to earlier in the decade and start running extension cords again? What’s next dial up Internet? You want us to buy BT enabled tools and then give us a corded track saw. Not good from a marketing standpoint. Either Bosch is a progressive company on the cutting edge of technology and quality or stuck in the 90s with yesterday’s cutting edge tools?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I was excited when I read the news that Bosch was coming out with a track saw this year in the fall. But my excitement quickly died when I read that it would be corded model. The big news in case Bosch hasn’t gotten the memo is that the colonies oops the USA is modern and we expect cordless tools. We have invested in battery chargers, batteries, cordless tools and now you want us to go back to earlier in the decade and start running extension cords again? What’s next dial up Internet? You want us to buy BT enabled tools and then give us a corded track saw. Not good from a marketing standpoint. Either Bosch is a progressive company on the cutting edge of technology and quality or stuck in the 90s with yesterday’s cutting edge tools?

Exactly what I was thinking, why take a step back to corded when everyone else is focused on cordless. Bosch is starting to get buried by all the other companies that are releasing tools we never thought would ever be cordless.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Exactly what I was thinking, why take a step back to corded when everyone else is focused on cordless. Bosch is starting to get buried by all the other companies that are releasing tools we never thought would ever be cordless.

I would like to be the fly on the wall at their marketing meeting where the target market for this corded saw is defined. Whoever steps up and says that it will be a successful product launch won’t have much of a future IMO.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I would like to be the fly on the wall at their marketing meeting where the target market for this corded saw is defined. Whoever steps up and says that it will be a successful product launch won’t have much of a future IMO.

Will be interesting to see how Bosch promotes an outdated product in today’s market.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I don’t understand it, I just read earlier this week about metabo and Hitachi,
    They said that 80 % of construction sites and other areas will be cordless? I have to wonder what and why they didn’t put more emphasis on cordless tools,
    Especially like Bill mentioned, with all the cordless and Bluetooth features,

Makes you wonder about the future of the Bosch tools line up.

Another factor is that cordless has fewer issues to having a single worldwide market. The batteries are the same no matter the local voltage and plug form- it’s the charger that changes. The tool and batteries are the same

And the tracks saw has been out for YEARS in the rest of the world. Heck, this is Bosch’s second generation Rail that the saw rides on. The saw is a rebranded (and possibly slightly stripped down) Mafell. And Mafell now has a cordless model that rides on those tracks, that runs on dual 18v batteries using the exact same cells. Don’t tell me time to market on a rebadged cordless Mafell with an adjusted battery connection would be anywhere near the R&D time of the competitors. They could be out with the saw by Q3 if they started tomorrow.

The corded model is actually more complex, as it needs to get more certifications and approvals, having its own plug. Cordless is easier to get UL

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I wonder how the restructuring will affect all this. I hope after the big purge, maybe they have heard all of us on here talking about how frustrating it can be to see them come out again and again with “new” products that are already outdated.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Heck, this is Bosch’s second generation Rail that the saw rides on.

Do you know if it’s compatible with Festool track saws?

I already have a host of Festool rails and their larger TS75 track saw. Be nice maybe to get a smaller cordless saw as a redemption down the road if I’ve already got rails that work with it.

I already have a host of Festool rails and their larger TS75 track saw. Be nice maybe to get a smaller cordless saw as a redemption down the road if I’ve already got rails that work with it.

I have the newer generation Bosch tracks and I have lots of Festool ones. I have good news and bad news for you

The current corded track saw will NOT work with a Festool rail profile. Maybe a theoretical new cordless might be different.

BUT. There are a lot of Bosch accessories that have a switch or multiple grooves so they can run on Festool/Makita rails just as well as on Bosch/Mafell. Those accessories might be made available here once the rails are. So, a Bosch jigsaw could be made to run on a Festool track, as could the router. No fiddling required. And these are very inexpensive accessories in Europe right now.

Doobie

I have the newer generation Bosch tracks and I have lots of Festool ones. I have good news and bad news for you

The current corded track saw will NOT work with a Festool rail profile. Maybe a theoretical new cordless might be different.

BUT. There are a lot of Bosch accessories that have a switch or multiple grooves so they can run on Festool/Makita rails just as well as on Bosch/Mafell. Those accessories might be made available here once the rails are. So, a Bosch jigsaw could be made to run on a Festool track, as could the router. No fiddling required. And these are very inexpensive accessories in Europe right now.

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know. Hope those compatibility accessories end up here in NA. Be nice to at least get one for my Bosch 18V jiggy.

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know. Hope those compatibility accessories end up here in NA. Be nice to at least get one for my Bosch 18V jiggy.

I imported that one and it has become my preferred way of doing the initial breakdown of raw lumber. Cuts dead clean with a rail lining it up and a good blade and no risk of pinching or metal giving me a bad day. And the Festool 800mm rail and 18v jiggy take basically no space in the trunk if I want to trim in a parking lot before loading the car. (Also good for salvage at the back of a hardware store of lumber yard)

Soap box time. I hope I have earned enough respect to be able to ramble a little and you all know it comes from a good place.

This whole thread is all over the place. I wish I could just lay it all out as to why things are progressing like they are. Believe it or not there is logic behind all of this. Yes, certain products are late to the US, agreed, would have liked to see the track saw in the US back when it was released in Europe and the rest of the world. That wasn’t my decision to make…

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread about corded verses cordless, approvals, designs, timing, etc. Why, how, what things are done. I am not going to pick everything apart here, as I am here to support and help, not tell people they are wrong.

Any direct questions about the track saw , I can help. I am the lead here on this project, so I know probably what you want to know. As always, I will share every drop of info I can with you.

One question that is rumbling around is the compatibles of the tracks and Festool. Let me put it to you this way. On the Bosch saw, there is a black plastic spacer on the foot. Said spacer is removable. Said spacer has a certain shade of green on it. Form your own conclusion.

As always, I am here to help, answer questions, cause trouble. So comment, ask, send me a message.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.642 seconds