dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 12 posts - 281 through 292 (of 292 total)
  • Author

I* found this review of the Bosch Track on The Journal Of Light Construction Email I got.

According to this reviewer, he believes that the Bosch beats out the Festool as a saw. I think Mayfel still has top dog but that ends up being a real pricey saw.

For now, I will stick with my Makita, but it is nice to see the Bosch saw one up the Festool model.

https://www.jlconline.com/products-tools/power-tools/bosch-beats-festool-with-its-track-saw_s?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Article&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=JLC_072819&

Good review but I would like to see a Makita review by that writer , too.

Festool’s repair policy is still a huge stumbling block for me, I can’t see myself being at the mercy of the mfg for every bit of service regardless of how good the product claims to be.

Wow , Bosch definitely took longer to get this to the NA market. But like the majority of Bosch tools , great quality
    I can imagine how the cordless model will be

Good article , thanks Kurt.

redwood
    Pro

I know the writer, he used to be the editor of Professional Deck Builder. In the old days, he would have sent it to me to review. Darn.

I still think that Bosch was too late to the party for this to be a true success story.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I know the writer, he used to be the editor of Professional Deck Builder. In the old days, he would have sent it to me to review. Darn.

I still think that Bosch was too late to the party for this to be a true success story.

I think a lot of those that will use track saws already have them also. I think had they gone straight to the cordless they may have made a bigger splash. In most cases those that are upgrading saws are upgrading to cordless. Over time new users may rely on a good head to head comparison for their purchase, and that should help the Bosch saw, but there are a lot of Festool’s, Makita’s and Dewalt’s in peoples hands already, not to even mention some of the even cheaper saws.

As I said before, I do not think I would trade in my Makita’s for one, they are good enough for what I need.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think you are right Mark. Most guys that needed a track saw bought one when they needed it not waiting for the 2+ years for Bosch to bring the tool to market after announcing it. Unfortunately that’s the way it is Bosch; Milwaukee just released a cordless threading tool for plumbers while Bosch fans are still waiting for the cordless table saw and miter saw Bosch told us they were working on over 2 years ago to take advantage of the new CORE batteries. The CORE is on the second generation design but still no cordless saws. Milwaukee has both saws and have had them out for quite some time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think you are right Mark. Most guys that needed a track saw bought one when they needed it not waiting for the 2+ years for Bosch to bring the tool to market after announcing it. Unfortunately that’s the way it is Bosch; Milwaukee just released a cordless threading tool for plumbers while Bosch fans are still waiting for the cordless table saw and miter saw Bosch told us they were working on over 2 years ago to take advantage of the new CORE batteries. The CORE is on the second generation design but still no cordless saws. Milwaukee has both saws and have had them out for quite some time.

Here is a video of the Bosch cordless miter saw that is due out later this year. The video is from Tool Box Buzz

New Bosch 18V cordless 8-1/2" miter saw. Coming later this year it's one of the smoothest cutting miter saws we've tried. Very portable unit!#tbbcrew #boschtools Bosch Professional Power Tools and Accessories

Posted by Tool Box Buzz on Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Here is a video of the Bosch cordless miter saw that is due out later this year. The video is from Tool Box Buzz

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe name=”fb_xdm_frame_https” id=”fb_xdm_frame_https” aria-hidden=”true” title=”Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame” tabindex=”-1″ frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”true” allowfullscreen=”true” scrolling=”no” allow=”encrypted-media” src=”https://staticxx.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter.php?version=44#channel=f34d48b758902d8&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com&#8221; style=”border: none;”></iframe>

<script async=”1″ defer=”1″ crossorigin=”anonymous” src=”https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v4.0″></script&gt;

<span style=”vertical-align: bottom; width: 186px; height: 186px;”><iframe name=”f3c77606d4aa97c” width=”770px” height=”1000px” title=”fb:video Facebook Social Plugin” frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”true” allowfullscreen=”true” scrolling=”no” allow=”encrypted-media” src=”https://www.facebook.com/v4.0/plugins/video.php?app_id=&channel=https%3A%2F%2Fstaticxx.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D44%23cb%3Df8b24fce750b54%26domain%3Dbethepro.com%26origin%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fbethepro.com%252Ff34d48b758902d8%26relation%3Dparent.parent&container_width=186&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FToolBoxBuzz%2Fvideos%2F280102919296621%2F%3Fcomment_id%3D2148820961844076%26reply_comment_id%3D2470355423023960%26notif_id%3D1564408231835857%26notif_t%3Dfeed_comment_reply&locale=en_US&sdk=joey&width=770&#8243; style=”border: none; visibility: visible; width: 186px; height: 186px;” class=””></iframe></span>

</figure>

I definitely want to buy that saw , looks and sounds like it’s pretty powerful. It’s supposed to be available here in Canada buy October 🤔I hope.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I definitely want to buy that saw , looks and sounds like it’s pretty powerful. It’s supposed to be available here in Canada buy October

It is a good saw, all the reviews are very positive. From my experience the lowest tool price is found when the tool is first released. Everybody usually has a promotion on it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I definitely want to buy that saw , looks and sounds like it’s pretty powerful. It’s supposed to be available here in Canada buy October

It is a good saw, all the reviews are very positive. From my experience the lowest tool price is found when the tool is first released. Everybody usually has a promotion on it.

Well I’m in , I have a 12 inch older Bosch 3912 , but definitely want this one for fast set up. And also the portability.

Doobie

Well I’m in , I have a 12 inch older Bosch 3912 , but definitely want this one for fast set up. And also the portability.

I’m gonna pass. If I did want a cordless miter saw I’m more inclined right now to for with one of the smaller cordless Makita saws and I can’t even say I actually need one. I wonder what that new Bosch weighs in at.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I really like my 7 1/4″ Makita cordless, 28 pounds sure beats the 60 or 70 of most of the bigger saws and if you need that much capacity, use a cord.

Doobie

I’m gonna pass. If I did want a cordless miter saw I’m more inclined right now to for with one of the smaller cordless Makita saws and I can’t even say I actually need one. I wonder what that new Bosch weighs in at.

I really like my 7 1/4″ Makita cordless, 28 pounds sure beats the 60 or 70 of most of the bigger saws and if you need that much capacity, use a cord.

That weight differential would be my primary reason also.

Isn’t there two different small Makita cordless models? Which model did you get Kurt, and why that particular one over the other?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That weight differential would be my primary reason also.

Isn’t there two different small Makita cordless models? Which model did you get Kurt, and why that particular one over the other?

I got the model XLS 02Z. I picked that one over the XLS 01Z due to some reviews I read, rating it a better saw. The 01Z is also only an 18 volt saw verses the 36 volt of the 02Z. There was only about 80 bucks difference between them and I felt that the 36 volt saw would be a better fit for what we do.

We have not used the saw a lot, but from the use we have , I really like it and appreciate the portability of it.

Viewing 12 posts - 281 through 292 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.665 seconds