dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I remember in the 80’s I worked a job that paid into OHIP for me. Then when I got laid off I was getting billed for it. I had to fill in some forms showing why I couldn’t pay for it.

You’re mixed up with something else Greg. Nobody pays directly into OHIP other than a buried income means tested flat tax buried in your annual tax return called the Ontario Health Premium.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/health-premium

It was pretty controversial when it was first introduced but it is so nicely buried in our tax returns nobody hardly talks about it. I know I rarely do with tax clients.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Customs brokers fee for handling a package coming in from another country into Canada.

Man shipping charges into Canada are way high. I don’t know what it is but anytime I get something from Canada shipping is twice what it normally is. I can get cheaper shipping from Germany and the UK then I can from Canada.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Customs brokers fee for handling a package coming in from another country into Canada.

Man shipping charges into Canada are way high. I don’t know what it is but anytime I get something from Canada shipping is twice what it normally is. I can get cheaper shipping from Germany and the UK then I can from Canada.

Same here I ordered some Bosch accessories and a double bay charger years ago , man did I get nailed for customs and shipping fees , I never ordered anything from them again , paid twice for the same thing
    It’s from Ace 🤫

Doobie

Same here I ordered some Bosch accessories and a double bay charger years ago , man did I get nailed for customs and shipping fees , I never ordered anything from them again , paid twice for the same thing
    It’s from Ace 🤫

We can get nailed pretty bad here ordering stuff from the states. It’s a bit of a roll of the dice and I’ve gotten burned one too many times and especially with our dollar so low now it rarely makes sense to do so nowadays.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

man did I get nailed for customs and shipping fees , I never ordered anything from them again , paid twice for the same thing

Sometimes I feel the same way, I’ll buy something off eBay and it will come from Canada and the shipping is as much or more than the item.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

OK, is it me or is there a problem? The 3rd quarter of 2018 ended 6 months ago; has anyone seen a Bosch track saw in a store yet?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

OK, is it me or is there a problem? The 3rd quarter of 2018 ended 6 months ago; has anyone seen a Bosch track saw in a store yet?

Atlas in Canada sold a bunch during their woodworking event.
    Some retailers here in the US have that saw in stock.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

So, they are still not generally available?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I remember in the 80’s I worked a job that paid into OHIP for me. Then when I got laid off I was getting billed for it. I had to fill in some forms showing why I couldn’t pay for it.

You’re mixed up with something else Greg. Nobody pays directly into OHIP other than a buried income means tested flat tax buried in your annual tax return called the Ontario Health Premium.

It was pretty controversial when it was first introduced but it is so nicely buried in our tax returns nobody hardly talks about it. I know I rarely do with tax clients.

I don’t think I am mixed up. I remember getting a OHIP paper card. This was back in 1988. It had to do with Ontario govt. Not sure what it would be as I didn’t have benefits then. I also though it changed shortly after this.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

So, they are still not generally available?

I’ve heard from Bosch that they are officially available to order thru bosch dealers and retailers are getting them as well to stock them on their shelves.
    I wait for April to see if my local hardware store will have some sort of promo for that track saw. I ain’t buying it for $599. Then I rather import it from Axminster UK with 2x 1600 rails for $500 + shipping

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I don’t think I am mixed up. I remember getting a OHIP paper card. This was back in 1988. It had to do with Ontario govt. Not sure what it would be as I didn’t have benefits then. I also though it changed shortly after this.

Have you always resided in Ontario?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Here is a Tool Box Buzz video review of the new track saw. It seems very impressive. I don’t use a Track Saw that much that I would replace My Makita’s but if I were just starting with one I would definitely consider this one. It will be interesting to see a head to head between the Bosch, Festool, Makita and Mayfell. They seem to be the best options out there.

My prediction Mayfell, Festool, Bosch them Makita with Dewalt, Triton and the others following behind. I think it may be a tossup between Festool and Bosch but put Festool first due to the cult following they have.

Doobie

Here is a Tool Box Buzz video review of the new track saw. It seems very impressive.

I thought so too. Learned some interesting features about it I didn’t know before. I really like that track conjector system. That’s a big advantage over other systems.

Dan Pattison @Woodman_412 recently received one from Bosch Canada and posted as such on his IG account and seems to like it better than his Makita SP6000 corded track saw.

https://www.instagram.com/dpshoptalk/

woodman_412

Here is a Tool Box Buzz video review of the new track saw. It seems very impressive.

I thought so too. Learned some interesting features about it I didn’t know before. I really like that track conjector system. That’s a big advantage over other systems.

Dan Pattison @woodman_412 recently received one from Bosch Canada and posted as such on his IG account and seems to like it better than his Makita SP6000 corded track saw.

Hey guys, I’m definitely impressed with the Bosch track saw from the little bit that I’ve had a chance to use it so far. I’m hoping to get a second track and the connector too a d share my thoughts on that as well. If you keep an eye on my Instagram and YouTube channel I’ll have content coming out about it as I put it to work. I’m excited to finally have one in the shop after all the time of it being NAINA.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hey guys, I’m definitely impressed with the Bosch track saw from the little bit that I’ve had a chance to use it so far.

Dan nice to hear from you again. I’ll be on the lookout for the videos.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Hey guys, I’m definitely impressed with the Bosch track saw from the little bit that I’ve had a chance to use it so far.

Dan nice to hear from you again. I’ll be on the lookout for the videos.

Same here. 👍

Here is a Tool Box Buzz video review of the new track saw. It seems very impressive. I don’t use a Track Saw that much that I would replace My Makita’s but if I were just starting with one I would definitely consider this one. It will be interesting to see a head to head between the Bosch, Festool, Makita and Mayfell. They seem to be the best options out there.

My prediction Mayfell, Festool, Bosch them Makita with Dewalt, Triton and the others following behind. I think it may be a tossup between Festool and Bosch but put Festool first due to the cult following they have.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Bosch Track Saw Review” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/-_-8ca75ILA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Definitely looks like they built a great saw ,
    I’d be curious to know how the Bosch cordless would hold up against the Bosch corded model.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Dan Pattison @woodman_412 recently received one from Bosch Canada and posted as such on his IG account and seems to like it better than his Makita SP6000 corded track saw.

Hey guys, I’m definitely impressed with the Bosch track saw from the little bit that I’ve had a chance to use it so far. I’m hoping to get a second track and the connector too a d share my thoughts on that as well. If you keep an eye on my Instagram and YouTube channel I’ll have content coming out about it as I put it to work. I’m excited to finally have one in the shop after all the time of it being NAINA.

Looking forward to seeing more about it on IG & YouTube.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I* found this review of the Bosch Track on The Journal Of Light Construction Email I got.

According to this reviewer, he believes that the Bosch beats out the Festool as a saw. I think Mayfel still has top dog but that ends up being a real pricey saw.

For now, I will stick with my Makita, but it is nice to see the Bosch saw one up the Festool model.

https://www.jlconline.com/products-tools/power-tools/bosch-beats-festool-with-its-track-saw_s?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Article&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=JLC_072819&#038;

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I* found this review of the Bosch Track on The Journal Of Light Construction Email I got.

According to this reviewer, he believes that the Bosch beats out the Festool as a saw. I think Mayfel still has top dog but that ends up being a real pricey saw.

For now, I will stick with my Makita, but it is nice to see the Bosch saw one up the Festool model.

https://www.jlconline.com/products-tools/power-tools/bosch-beats-festool-with-its-track-saw_s?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Article&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=JLC_072819&amp;

Good review but I would like to see a Makita review by that writer , too.

Festool’s repair policy is still a huge stumbling block for me, I can’t see myself being at the mercy of the mfg for every bit of service regardless of how good the product claims to be.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.547 seconds