dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Looks like Tool Nut has these in stock now…anyone going to be buying one?

Don’t see a lot going out the door for $ 599 without a track.

Wow what a price. Expensive and you still need track.

Be on the lookout for discounts. They did it for its release with Atlas last week at the woodworking show here in Toronto.

What sort of discounts do you think they will have ,
    I’d like to pick up a track saw eventually ,I like Bosch , but at that price and no tracks , I’ll be enticed to look elsewhere

Brian, you should have purchased it from atlas when they had the event for 550

It was a show special only as I looked at the saw on their website during the show and there was no discount.

I just went and tried a promo code that they are offering right now at Atlas on a host of other tools/machinery where they were giving 10% off (10OFFSHOW) and it doesn’t work for the Bosch Track Saw.

My jaw kinda dropped when I saw with taxes it comes in at $903 CAD. I just paid recently about a third less for the cordless 18V Makita, a track, two 5.0 batteries and charger, a large Tanos/Makita carrying box, and two track clamps. All I get with the Bosch is it comes in an L-Boxx 4. Whoop-Tee-Doo! At 50% more in cost, that’s nuts!

I can’t see these saws flying off the shelf without some kind of discount promo or package deal. I know it is supposedly made by Mafell, but I’ve read they are not identical to the Mafells and are ‘watered’ down versions. Sorry, but at that price, I’d be buying a Festool instead especially with the Bosch being so new to the NA market. I have to imagine that this saw’s initial pricing will see a lot pushback from retailers out there without some kind of incentive from Bosch.

redwood
    Pro

I think that the Bosch is actually currently priced just a little bit higher then the Festool. That is not good, with no track record here.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Looks like Tool Nut has these in stock now…anyone going to be buying one?

Don’t see a lot going out the door for $ 599 without a track.

Wow what a price. Expensive and you still need track.

Be on the lookout for discounts. They did it for its release with Atlas last week at the woodworking show here in Toronto.

What sort of discounts do you think they will have ,
    I’d like to pick up a track saw eventually ,I like Bosch , but at that price and no tracks , I’ll be enticed to look elsewhere

Brian, you should have purchased it from atlas when they had the event for 550

Alex don’t get me wrong , I love my Bosch tools , but even that price add taxes , and it still doesn’t come with any tracks 😕
    I’m definitely not in a hurry , I’ll see what sort of deals that the other competition have to offer.
    I’ve done with out one for years.
    Just keep using my clamps with the straight edge

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Alex don’t get me wrong , I love my Bosch tools , but even that price add taxes , and it still doesn’t come with any tracks
    I’m definitely not in a hurry , I’ll see what sort of deals that the other competition have to offer.

Well 550 sounds much better than 799 😛
    If I would have seen the saw for 250 less during a promo…take my money haha 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Alex don’t get me wrong , I love my Bosch tools , but even that price add taxes , and it still doesn’t come with any tracks

No not for me , I’d rather get the cordless , at Least I would get tracks 👍
    That’s with the other teal color 🤫
    Like I mentioned , I love my Bosch products. But just doesn’t make sense for me to get.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Like I mentioned , I love my Bosch products. But just doesn’t make sense for me to get.

550 cad would be around 420 usd compare to the USD MSRP here which is 599 it would be a deal at least for us haha.
    Priced here at 599 USD without tracks. Nope even I’m not going to purchase it and you know how big I’m into Bosch.
    The cordless teal has a good promo right now at toolnut.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Priced here at 599 USD without tracks. Nope even I’m not going to purchase it and you know how big I’m into Bosch.

I have the CCS180 and the older track that works with that so i’m good to go.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

550 cad would be around 420 usd compare to the USD MSRP here which is 599 it would be a deal at least for us haha.
    The cordless teal has a good promo right now at toolnut.

I know but unfortunately that’s in the States toolnut , with the exchange rates I haven’t even been buying anything from CPO

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have the CCS180 and the older track that works with that so i’m good to go.

What kinda track do you use for your CCS180 Bill?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

…with the exchange rates I haven’t even been buying anything from CPO

Does CPO sell to us here in Canada. I thought I looked into that some years ago and they did not.

Does CPO sell to us here in Canada. I thought I looked into that some years ago and they did not.

Unfortunately no , I have a border mail address , I used to pick it up at. Just over the border , hence the name border mail , I would order Tools , go to do groceries and pick up my tools

Doobie

Unfortunately no , I have a border mail address , I used to pick it up at. Just over the border , hence the name border mail , I would order Tools , go to do groceries and pick up my tools

That makes sense. Wasn’t thinking how close you are to the US for that sort of thing. For me, Buffalo is over two hours away and I just can’t justify cross border shopping even when our Canadian dollar was at or over par to the greenback as it was for a while a few years ago.

That makes sense. Wasn’t thinking how close you are to the US for that sort of thing. For me, Buffalo is over two hours away and I just can’t justify cross border shopping even when our Canadian dollar was at or over par to the greenback as it was for a while a few years ago.

Yeah exactly , I’m about just a few minutes over an hour , that’s why I bought so many accessories and smaller Tools from CPO , that’s actually before the dollar went down ,

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I know but unfortunately that’s in the States toolnut , with the exchange rates I haven’t even been buying anything from CPO

ya the exchange rates kinda suck for you guys.
    just mentioning that they have a promo because it popped up on my IG feed the other day haha

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

, I have a border mail address , I used to pick it up at. Just over the border , hence the name border mail , I would order Tools , go to do groceries and pick up my tools

Doesn’t that cheat your government out of the money it takes to give you that great free health care and all those other great social services? I hear over in Vancouver illegal immigrants get free hotel rooms??? I would think you guys need to use your system all the time to pay into that???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

, I have a border mail address , I used to pick it up at. Just over the border , hence the name border mail , I would order Tools , go to do groceries and pick up my tools

Doesn’t that cheat your government out of the money it takes to give you that great free health care and all those other great social services? I hear over in Vancouver illegal immigrants get free hotel rooms??? I would think you guys need to use your system all the time to pay into that???

You can still end up paying duties and provincial and federal taxes at the border. It’s a crap shoot in that regard. One of the reasons I don’t bother. Even ordering stuff from the states is like that plus you can get nailed sporadically on brokerage fees on top of that.

Insofar as housing refugee claimants in hotels, those who are temporary for the most part pending finding them other real housing and such. The system gets overloaded at times and it is one of the things they have to do at times.

Our health care isn’t free in a sense. We pay for it thru our taxes except for the very poor who generally don’t pay any taxes except on things they buy at point of sale and even for them if they file tax returns they get provincial and federal credits that are designed to help offset the sale taxes they pay through out the year on things they buy.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I saw the corded track saw at Woodcraft store and it was a bit less than the festool saw.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

get nailed sporadically on brokerage fees on top of that.

I have got nailed with those brokerage fees.

Our health care isn’t free in a sense.

True!!

I remember in the 80’s I worked a job that paid into OHIP for me. Then when I got laid off I was getting billed for it. I had to fill in some forms showing why I couldn’t pay for it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Never heard of a brokerage fee, what is it?

Doobie

Never heard of a brokerage fee, what is it?

Customs brokers fee for handling a package coming in from another country into Canada.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.517 seconds