dcsimg

Bosch Track saw to US 3rd Quarter 2018

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

As for the plunge base, I ordered from them in November. I still don’t have it but they call me weekly to tell me bosch promises a shipment the following week and would I prefer to keep waiting or cancel. So, it’s still vapour

Where’d you order it from?

As for the plunge base, I ordered from them in November. I still don’t have it but they call me weekly to tell me bosch promises a shipment the following week and would I prefer to keep waiting or cancel. So, it’s still vapour

Where’d you order it from?

Same place. Federated. They are pretty good and are being very transparent through the whole thing.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Including the router plate here….

That router plate adapter looks interesting. Hope it gets to NA soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Including the router plate here….

That router plate adapter looks interesting. Hope it gets to NA soon.

Gotta assume it comes out at the same time as everything else related to the track saw availability. I think were actually at the ‘soon’ stage on all of this new gear. Weeks or another month or so out at best is my guesstimation.

Looks like Tool Nut has these in stock now…anyone going to be buying one?

Orange County, CA

redwood
    Pro

Don’t see a lot going out the door for $ 599 without a track.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow what a price. Expensive and you still need track.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Be on the lookout for discounts. They did it for its release with Atlas last week at the woodworking show here in Toronto.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nope I don’t see them selling well at that price point.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Be on the lookout for discounts. They did it for its release with Atlas last week at the woodworking show here in Toronto.

What sort of discounts do you think they will have ,
    I’d like to pick up a track saw eventually ,I like Bosch , but at that price and no tracks , I’ll be enticed to look elsewhere

Isn’t that still cheaper than the Festool and Metabo? I would like to see it lower, but it may be the market they are looking to compete in.

Will

Doobie

Isn’t that still cheaper than the Festool and Metabo? I would like to see it lower, but it may be the market they are looking to compete in.

Did you mean Festool and ‘Mafell’? I’m not aware that Metabo makes a track saw myself.

Did you mean Festool and ‘Mafell’? I’m not aware that Metabo makes a track saw myself.

Oops -typo – you are correct Mafell is the brand I was thinking of.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The Festool is way over priced and the Mafell is in a different class. I don’t know anyone that would pay that much for a tool the Bosch has very little experience with.

Yeah – it is spendy. Makita is the better value for sure. I have only seen these at Tool Nut so far, but maybe they will show up in more stores in the coming months. That is the same price as the Festool. It is not the same class as Mafell, but that will set you back even more as already noted.

So far my favorite track saw is the cordless Festool – I cannot see switching to this at that price point. I have all the tracks already and it needs to be about $100 – $150 less to make it more inline.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Going to be a tough sell for somebody wanting a track saw. I know all the tool review sites that have tested them are touting them as a replacement for a table saw but if you already have a table saw and stand another $700 or so dollars for tool and track is kind of steep. This will take a while to catch on at this price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It will be interesting to see how longevity plays in – several reviews have pointed to quality issues – the base not being flat, the shoe wearing quickly, the scales being useless, flex in the base, etc… Not sure if this is just extreme use-case and not an issue or if it is real stuff to be aware of. Glad to see more choices hitting the market, though. I use track saws almost exclusively in my work due to space issues and they work well for most cutting tasks.

Orange County, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

What sort of discounts do you think they will have ,
    I’d like to pick up a track saw eventually ,I like Bosch , but at that price and no tracks , I’ll be enticed to look elsewhere

Brian, you should have purchased it from atlas when they had the event for 550

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Going to be a tough sell for somebody wanting a track saw. I know all the tool review sites that have tested them are touting them as a replacement for a table saw but if you already have a table saw and stand another $700 or so dollars for tool and track is kind of steep. This will take a while to catch on at this price.

I think you are right. Somehow Bosch thinks they are special with the chinese tools. If it were made in germany maybe yea.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.541 seconds